1000 cal plan

kellymundy

Gold Member
I'm just wondering if it's normal to be out of ketosis on the 1000 cal plan?
I'm currently working my way through the plans so I don't pile on the weight when I go on holiday next week and I don't usually test myself to see if I'm in Ketosis but last night I just had the urge to. The test said I was no longer in ketosis (it stayed the same colour not even a hit of pink!).
I'm just wondering if that's normal for this plan
or should I still be in ketosis?

The green and yellow booklet actually states that very few people stay in ketosis on the 810 step let alone the 1000 step.

The 1000 step alows for carbs as well.

If you are following the 1000 calorie plan Step 3 you would not be in ketosis.

• Two Cambridge Diet Meals - this is essential
  • 150 kcal breakfast suggested by your Counsellor
  • 3tbsp salad from 'white & green' vegetables
  • 1 main meal made up of:
    One of the protein choices listed in Step 2
    One portion of carbohydrate listed below
    3tbsp 'green & white' vegetables
    50kcal fruit dessert
    or speak to your Counsellor for further meal suggestions
One portiion of carbohydrates from:
  • 40g (dry weight) whole wheat pasta, brown or basmati rice or couscous
  • 100g baked potato (with skin)
  • 150g sweet potato
  • 200g new potatoes
  • 50cal fruit dessert
  • 284ml skimmed milk
We recommend that you have 2.25l (4 pts) fluids which can include:
  • Tea, coffee, herbal teas
  • Your daily portion of milk
  • Zero Calorie drinks (Cambridge Drink Flavourings, carbonates, squashes, flavoured waters, etc)

Source: cambridge six steps to losing weight()

Oh dear god I just looked in my book! I didn't realise how many different things I can eat at this point...I think....no...I know....I'm in heaven!!!
Thanks NMP

Oh dear god I just looked in my book! I didn't realise how many different things I can eat at this point...I think....no...I know....I'm in heaven!!!
Thanks NMP

fetch.dll

I've been on the 1,000 cal with carbs for seven weeks. CDC put me on it, rather than a lower plan, because I exercise so much. I was curious about ketosis and whether it would ever happen. It didn't at all for the first couple of weeks. Now I slip into it at night, and sometimes after hard workouts, but only ever at the 'trace' level. It doesn't worry me whether I'm in it or not, as I have lost a stone and a half in seven weeks, and continue to lose 2-4lbs a week!

I fell out of ketosis very quickly when I did the 1000 plan, even though I kept my carbs low as I was 'afraid' of them. Don't particularly care for rice or pasta, but I guess the carb fairy was luking and snuck a few hidden ones in while I didn't notice. Low carb doesn't mean no carb as I found out!

Back