1000 cal plan

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kellymundy, 22 April 2008 Social URL.

1. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm just wondering if it's normal to be out of ketosis on the 1000 cal plan?
    I'm currently working my way through the plans so I don't pile on the weight when I go on holiday next week and I don't usually test myself to see if I'm in Ketosis but last night I just had the urge to. The test said I was no longer in ketosis (it stayed the same colour not even a hit of pink!).
    I'm just wondering if that's normal for this plan
    or should I still be in ketosis?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. NoMorePies

NoMorePies Full Member

The green and yellow booklet actually states that very few people stay in ketosis on the 810 step let alone the 1000 step.

The 1000 step alows for carbs as well.

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you are following the 1000 calorie plan Step 3 you would not be in ketosis.

Source: cambridge six steps to losing weight()

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh dear god I just looked in my book! I didn't realise how many different things I can eat at this point...I think....no...I know....I'm in heaven!!!
    Thanks NMP

6. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

[​IMG]

7. moximc

moximc Member

I've been on the 1,000 cal with carbs for seven weeks. CDC put me on it, rather than a lower plan, because I exercise so much. I was curious about ketosis and whether it would ever happen. It didn't at all for the first couple of weeks. Now I slip into it at night, and sometimes after hard workouts, but only ever at the 'trace' level. It doesn't worry me whether I'm in it or not, as I have lost a stone and a half in seven weeks, and continue to lose 2-4lbs a week!

8. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I fell out of ketosis very quickly when I did the 1000 plan, even though I kept my carbs low as I was 'afraid' of them. Don't particularly care for rice or pasta, but I guess the carb fairy was luking and snuck a few hidden ones in while I didn't notice. Low carb doesn't mean no carb as I found out!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.