1000 plan

So- have lost 2 stones+ on SS... which I am very happy about.Now I want to learn how to control my food portion sizes and eating habits.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday- pains in my ribs and eventually ended up in A+E cos I couldnt breathe- I didn't know if it was connected to the diet but it scared me into coming off of SS and trying to do one of the maintenence plans. :eek: I will put your minds at rest by informing you that my doctor didn't think it was linked to the diet.

I was going to come off of SS anyway as I had been worried about staying on SS for a long period. I wanted to lose weight more conventionally and at a slower rate.

So... I have decided with a little discussion with my CDC that I will do the 1000 plan.

I am here looking for lots of advice... experienced 1000 dieters. All of your menu ideas ans insider secrets ;)

I hope everyone is enjoying their journeys :)
Good luck to you all
x

BBFM

Hope you are feeling better today. Sensible decision to use the rest of the diet to learn better eating habits. Not easy but necessary! You should join Kamiknix thread for those doing CD plans other than SSing.

See you there!

Dizzy x

I'm on 1000 which I went on last week - it feels like so much food!! I have - a Cambridge bar on the way to work in the car, porridge or 2 weetabix for lunch made with 150ml skimmed milk (don't have any milk for tea so can have extra for lunch) and a tiny bit of fruit sugar, a mousse when I get home and then later some chicken/turkey/salmon with cabbage or asparagus and a piece of fruit but skip the starchy food on the plan as it's so small a portion and I don't trust myself.

When you come out of ketosis, you do get more hungry (I find I'm hungry when I get back from work now) but one good thing about doing it is that it warms you up if like me, you were suffering in the freezing weather. Generally, I think you feel much more normal but still have the 2 packs a day to remind you you are on a diet!!

Good luck!!

I am still umming and arring about whether to skip the starchy foods... I'm not sure if I trust myself either. I cheated once and became a carb monster lol!

I have lost just over two stone but have soooo much to go still. Like 3-4 1/2 stone.... so I'm uncertain if I should still try to remain in ketosis.

I too feel like it means eating all the time lol! Not used to food any more lol

Good luck Jubbly x

I have been on 1000 for 4 days now, was slightly hungry to begin with but nothing too bad. I have been following the book and having the allowed amount of carbs which hasn't led to any major carb cravings.

the green salad at lunch is a bit uninspiring so I dont know if anyone else on here has any suggestions with regards to that? I add balsamic vinegar and mixed herbs to mine but having it every lunch may get a bit tedious!

the quanties of food are fine, especially the amount of protein allowed which is more than enough. As with most things I find being well planned is best and I work out what I am having each day for the week - I also bought some new, accurate scales! - GOOD LUCK:)

I avoid starch carbs (bread, spuds, pasta, rice) because I'm insulin resistant so starches aren't my friend! :)

I'm still very much in the early stages of the 'eating phase' but I was encouraged with a 7lb loss this week after doing 790.

I'm not expecting this rate to continue of course but one or two pounds consistantly every week would be good.

As for 'pepping' up a green salad ... one idea is to get a tin of mixed beans, take a couple of dessertpoons of them and mix with half a teaspoon of mint sauce (yes, the stuff you use on lamb). Stir through the green salad for a really 'fresh' and unusual taste.

I think this would be OK on the 1000 diet as the fat content is low and they're a good GI option.

In this cold weather I've been making a soup with allowed vegetables for lunch. My favourite at the moment is one made with leeks, celery, cauliflower & onions. Simmer all veg until soft and belnd until smooth. Add seasoning and spices to taste. I tried some ground green cardamon& cumin seed today.
The strange thing is I don't like any of these veg on their own, but blended like this, they taste delicious!
Ann

ooooh - home made veggie soup!! Just the thing on a gusty Autumn day!!

Hi guys - have been toying with doing something similar myself...have lost 3.5 stones now (with 1 - 1.5 stones to go)....can I just start on 1000cals ? or do I need to move up via AAM and 790 ?? - thanks for the info.

Good luck BBFM with the rest of your journey....

love

Debz
xx

Debz, it would be a lot of extra food to start having at once, I'd suggest a week or two on 790 first.

On the subject of salads, if you are not using all your milk allowance you could maybe try a dressing made with a bit of fat free yogurt with some herbs or chopped pickle (capers, gherkins etc) or a sprinkling of bouillon powder. Blanched shredded celeriac is great in salads too.

Debz, it would be a lot of extra food to start having at once, I'd suggest a week or two on 790 first.

On the subject of salads, if you are not using all your milk allowance you could maybe try a dressing made with a bit of fat free yogurt with some herbs or chopped pickle (capers, gherkins etc) or a sprinkling of bouillon powder. Blanched shredded celeriac is great in salads too.

Thanx ClaireJen:)

Think I'll give it a go when I'm firmly in the 12s (YAY!)...which will only be a couple of weeks away...

Debz
xx

Back