12.5 stone to lose

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

i'm a long term member of minis and have probably tried most diets out there. I've yoyo'ed from 17 stone to 23 stone and back again. Currently back at 22 1/2 stone and it terrifies me. I get so out of breath easy and struggle to walk any sort of distance. I'm only 28 and shouldnt have problems like this. Even knowing this though i cant seem to stop the eating. I get realy down and upset over my weight and the problems its causing my family yet i dont stop. I'd love to wake up one morning and say enoughs enough time for a major change. Thing is i realise what needs to be done but dont know how to go about it.

Also on a side issue i'd really like some advice regarding my OH. Hes a really fussy eater, so much so that all he'd eat for an evening meal when i 1st met him was sausage chips and beans. I've introduced him to mash, wedges etc but thats as far as he seems to want to go. How can i change my own habits whilst having to feed his? Tried speaking to him about it and he says he'll change but when i offer new foods he pulls the 'face'!

If anybody has any advice i'd really appreciate it!

Hello hun...know exactly how you feel! I do well for a bit then it starts to go back on and i really dont know how yo get off the cycle but I am trying. I think I need a buddy or something, somehow to keep me on track but without having to be on a plan or pay for a group. And I probably need therapy lol!

Not sure how to help with OH, but I know iy is hard doing two meals. I try not to do that too much. What about a buffet but with different main meal ideas and see if he will try bits? Or can he cook his own meals? Mine would starve if I didnt cook! X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello! I know how you feel - I've been a yo-yo dieter for over 30 years, and started this time round needing to lose 10 stone. Re the husband, I just have completely different food to mine, we rarely eat the same thing at any meal, as he's a skinny athlete who I'm currently trying to fatten up so that I can weigh less than him, lol. Having said that, I only eat ready meals, so that does make it a bit easier. Good luck! :) xx

hi hun
i agree with the girls he as got to help you with this weight loss journey i think he should try and eat some different foods and i do feel for him it must be hard to try new things for him when he is used to the same thing but if he wants you to be healthier and happier in yourself he will try im sure of that i went on self destruct after my horrid holiday but thats no excuse i know its got to stop good look sweetheart we are all here for you x x x

Hes said he'll cook his own meals so i dont have to do it. Cant fault him for that and hes joining me using WW from home too so we'll see how we go.

Do you think i'm best taking it 7lbs at a time? That way i can see them adding up without thinking of whats left.

Sounds very realistic :) and im glad he is helping you. Keep coming on here for support :) xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have been thinking about exercise today and what would ne nest for me. I struggle walking long distances so something low impact yet effective would be ebst i think. Thinking of getting the wii fit out of hibernation and to start using the step exercise on it. Hopefully low impact yet effective enough.

What type of exercise do you use?

hi loser85
there is a walking one i swear buy you can see it on you tube leslie sansone from 1 mile gentle work and then as you get better you use her other miles i love doing them x x

Back