12 Stone Here I Come......

Hi, just wanted to say i admire your determination, but i do feel that your diet plan will make you unwell. You are not getting enough nutrients and are totally cutting out protein from your diet. You need plenty of protein to maintain muscle otherwise your body will be breaking your muscle down and using that for energy! I would also be worried about you exercising as you need carbs for energy and you are very low in these too therfor you will not feel like exercising.
If you cut out junk food, eat fresh produce, ie, fruit, veg, white meat, fish, wholegrain pasta/bread and combine this with exercise (which you will have plenty of energy for!) No carbs at night time.....you will find the lbs melt off, i can assure you!

Good luck either way, just remember your health comes first.

Thanks both for the comments.

Jellybabie I think you are right. I'm just a bit impatient and tend to do things to extremes sometimes but it should never be to the detriment of my health.

I'm trying to make my diet a bit more balanced and varied - had a chicken salad for tea (using cooked chicken breast) so that's my protein taken care of for today :) and I've also had pasta a couple of times.

Thanks for the advice, I'm stepping up the exercise now so lets hope for a better loss next week.

Well done IwillBeThin!

You are totally right! We must keep our health at the front of our minds!
If you eat "clean" calories, ie, the foods i listed and dont eat junk your body will find these calories much easier to burn off.......you will feel good, have plenty of energy AND lose weight! You are on the right track my friend. Build up the exercise slowly, dont dive in head first and tire yourself out. Remember, make lifestyle changes, so you dont get bored or lose interest! You can do this! Good luck and i look forward to reading your progress!

Diane xx

Thanks again Jellybabie. Good advice for sure.

Last Week: 16st 6lbs
New Weight: 16st 4lbs

So another two lbs off, I seem to have hit my plateau early but 2lbs a week is a decent loss and I am one 7th of the way to target.

Lets aim for 16st 0lbs next Monday :)

Oh and Jellybabie, your pics are a good motivation, you have done amazingly!

Last Week: 16st 4lbs
New Weight: 16st 3lbs

Gah! Only one pound off this week. To be fair though, I was lucky to manage that. On friday night I drank plenty of beer, then on saturday night I drank even more beer, then sunday was spent grazing with a hangover - not eating unhealthy food but just eating quite a lot.

Damn Beer! :D

Back on the wagon this week.

we all have days/ weeks like that . hope you manage to get back on track!!

Last Week: 16st 3lbs
This week: 15st 10lbs :eek::D

Well, wow, I'm not quite sure what the hell has happened this last week. I have done nothing different to previous weeks, except not had the beer that I had last weekend, yet half a stone just seems to have fallen off.

I got into some work trousers today that I haven't been able to get into for months too.

I like this stage of losing weight - when you really start to feel the positive results.

:happy036:

That is fantastic! You are doing so well. Congrats on a great weight loss this week :)

i'm glad it's going well for you.
well done.

Thanks all for the comments.

I had to go for a Chinese meal on Friday that I could not get out of. It was unfortunately an all-you-can-eat, and I ate all I could eat!

It was my first blow out in 6 weeks though it's not so not bad and I had no beer, but I dont expect a loss on the monday weigh-in.
:cry::)

Last Week: 15st 10lbs
This week: 15st 10lbs

As expected there is no loss this week but there is also no gain and considering how much Chinese food I crammed in on friday, staying the same weight is a bonus.

Lets aim for 15 and a half stone next Monday to kick-start things again and get back on track....

I'm closing in on getting back into one of my favourite pairs of jeans after quite some time - now there's an incentive!

impressed - if i had a blow out in a chinese im fairly sure it would be having more of an impact than that!! Its great when you get back into old favourites! good luck for next week!

I went on a very long bike ride the next day to try and work it off. Maybe the pain was worth it after all! :D

Great result!

Last Week: 15st 10lbs
This week: 15st 8lbs

2 Lbs off this week. Not a bad result considering I had 7 or 8 pints of lager on saturday and then grazed a bit on sunday. It probably seems like I'm not committed to this, but I am!

I guess this could end up being the longest weigh-in thread ever but I'm edging to the target slowly, I've just gotta be patient (and stay off the beer :D)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Great loss all thing considering. How do you do it?? I know if I had that I would pay big time. Well done!

Back