13 week challenge...

Pandora87

I've set myself a challenge to lose 10lbs in 13 weeks and lose about 3inches all over. Today is day one and here is my workout goals for today!

Gym based workout:

10 min cross trainer warm up followed by 30 minutes weights training ( broken into 15 x 3 reps on each target area )

20 minute swim (non stop lengths)

Evening home workout:

15 minutes skipping (done 1 hour after eating) whilst watching tv!

Meals so far have been:

Yoghurt (low fat bio), banana and green tea for breakfast

Reduced salt tomato soup (one cup) with 1 1/2 slice of wholemeal bread and a glass of water

Diner will be chicken adobo (this is a philipino dish consisting of reduced salt soy sauce, white wine vinegar, bay leaves, garlic and peppercorns) with brown rice

For snacks I usually have a banana to help my sweet cravings or a handful of dried peaches or strawberries

Any constructive criticism is welcome :)

I'm a firm believer that you should ALWAYS use a combined exercise plan with your diet to achieve weight loss goals. Even if it's just 15 minutes a day :)

Day 2.. (yesterday)

Breakfast:

Banana (woke up late so didnt have time for anything else)

Porridge at 10am to compensate for lack of breakfast

Lunch:

Homemade carrot and onion soup with 1 slice of wholemeal bread

Dinner:

3 slices of cinnamon french toast (wholemeal bread, 2 eggs and a teaspoon of cinnamon) with some low salt tomato sauce

Snacks:

1 banana and a handful of malteasers (was feeling a bit naughty)

Exercise:

10 minute cardio warmup at gym

30 minutes weight training focusing on core and arms

Soya protein shake post work out (soya protein powder, semi skimmed milk, fresh blueberries and raspberries and 1 tsp flax seed oil)

Day 3...

Instant oats shake and a banana for breakfast, cup of raspberry and echinacea tea

Lunch - small bowl of soup and a poached egg on wholemeal toast

Snack - apple

Dinner - homemade chilli ginger ramen with chicken, green tea

Exercise:

20 minute weight lifting session at home

Back