4 week crazy personal challenge

Grunka Lunka

OK so I've been thinking of a challenge to set myself that's tough but achievable and will result in weight loss, increased fitness and just generally feeling better. Therefore, I'm going to try the following for the next 4 weeks, starting tomorrow:-

1. 1200 - 1600 calories a day.
2. No coffee or sugary drinks (tea is OK but no milk or sugar.
3. Eat my 5 a day of fruit / veg every day.
4. Work out for an hour 5 times a week using the Davina Power of 3 DVD (this is going to be the toughest part, anyone who's done this workout will know it's quite intense).

I'm going to allow myself to have 3 cheat days. Not to go off the rails but if I restrict myself too much I'm probably more likely to give up if prior experience is anything to go by!

I really just want to see what kind of a difference this will make to me, if any. Wish me luck! ☺

Wow - sounds brilliant. Good luck, I will cross my fingers for you :character00116:

Thanks for the encouragement BlowFish!

Day 1

1. 1205 calories :)
2. Only drank black tea and water :)
3. Ate my 5 a day :)
4. Did 1 hour of the exercise DVD :)

All in all, a successful day! Feeling good!

Last edited:
Day 2

1. Ate 1700 calories :(
2. Only drank black tea a day water :)
3. Ate my 5 a day :)
4. Didn't do my exercise DVD as got home an hour later than planned. Can count this as 1 of my 2 days off this week though :)

Overall, not perfect but still not bad. Still feeling good!

Last edited:
Well, my whole 'no more coffee' thing is out the window. Having the worst day today so I'm on my third cup already! I drink it black without sugar though so it's no calories and won't lead to weight gain but I wanted to try to cut down. To heck with it, I'm scrapping the no coffee thing. I need the coffee. From now on, my goals are:-

1. 1200 - 1600 calories a day.
2. Eat my 5 a day of fruit / veg every day.
3. Work out for an hour 5 times a week using the Davina Power of 3 DVD

That'll do.

Thanks Beelishy!

I haven't taken measurements, I'm just judging that part by how well my clothes fit. I will be weighing once a week though on Saturday mornings so watch this space! :)

Three great days so fare - well done! Hope today was another great day and you managed to fit in the exercise.

Don't worry too much about the coffee, I'm sure that you can work on cutting it down another time. Just really impressed about you managing the other task. So go go go ....:whacky068:

Thanks for the encouragement BlowFish!

Day 4

1. Ate 1284 calories :)
2. Ate my 5 a day :)
3. Did the exercise but pulled a muscle in my leg 5 minutes into the squats part of the DVD so had to skip that part. Still did the arms and abs exercises though so I'll count it, even though it wasn't a full hour. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to use as my 2nd day off for the exercise DVD to let my leg get better so I'll do it on Saturday and Sunday to get up to the 5 times a week.

This evening was a bit challenging, really wanted to snack (managed to resist...just) so I decided to just brush my teeth and go to bed. Think its because I got home early so had dinner early. From now on I'll try to eat later to reduce the snacking urges :)

Still feeling good!

Day 5

1. Ate 1600 calories. Not thrilled about this as myfitnesspal deducted 366 calories for my exercise today because it synced with my fitbit so it was saying ive eaten just over 1200. Didn't realise until just now that ive eaten 1600 :flamingmade: still within my daily limit but not what I wanted. I'll have to turn off that function.
2. Ate my 5 a day :)
3. No exercise DVD today as it was my day off :)

Was feeling good til I saw my calories, now I'm a bit fed up but tomorrow's another day!

Sorry about your leg - hope it is getting better soon.

Well done - you should definitely feel pleased with yourself. Thumbs Up from me ;)

Thanks BlowFish! My legs much better now, thanks.

Didn't post yesterday as I was feeling a bit under the weather so didn't do my exercise either :(

However, feeling OK today so will see how we go. I'm getting a bit bored of the Davina DVD though so I might try to mix it up a bit with my tae bo DVD. That's hard work too and it'll give me a bit of variety. I've got a friend who does it too so is someone to compete with haha!

Also thinking of switching from calories to syns and following slimming world properly as getting the scales out every time I want a satsuma or some blueberries is getting a little tiresome :p

Back