13 weeks in 2013

missbiker

Silver Member
Hi guys :wavey:

Some of you may have "met" me on my various attempts at re-starting a VLCD, and for those who have heard my story before - I apologise :eek: ..... however, I need to focus this year, and hence the need to write this diary :)

I followed the LL programme in 2009, and successfully lost a total of about 6st - over a 5 month period, and felt FANTASTIC :wee:

... so what has happened since then?? Well.... I managed to maintain a 4st weight loss for over 2 years, but last year I returned to my old habits, and guess what? The weight piled on! With each stone, and each increase in dress size, I would give myself a stern talking to, and start again.... but you know what, it was half-hearted and my brain wasn't in the right place, oh and I had the minor detail of a dissertation to complete my Masters degree, and all the stress of that alongside working full time and several big family events this year has ensured I piled on that other 4 stone in 2012 :mad: . To say I am angry and disappointed with myself would be an understatement, however, a line must be drawn and I WILL get back on track.

line drawn >>>>>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the last few weeks, in preparation for today (2nd January 2013), I have been trying to remember what worked for me in 2009 ... and I have set many goals focussed on the amount of weight I have to lose, but I think that makes it feel like I have a mountain to climb ... so as an alternative, I've decided to count down the weeks until my graduation - on LL I lost the majority of my weight on their induction programme (even though I joined the group 3 weeks after everyone else ;) ) .... so this is what I am doing 13 weeks in 2013 :p .... of course, having a weight loss goal is important, so I have added a ticker, and the aim is to get back to where I was at the end of my LL journey, and then re-evaluate.

So, folks.... day 1 today and I am organising myself little "surprises" for each stone lost as a treat along the way, and I am blatantly pinching cybill's (from the Exante boards) idea of a numbered balloon for each stone lost .... oh how the mind works with these little visual reminders of how far we will have come, when the going gets tough :eek:

We're all in this together, we need to use each other for support ... let's make 2013 OUR YEAR :D

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents)

I can completely understand where you are coming from. I also lost 6 stone with LL and felt amazing. I found it easy to do and I kept the weight off for almost 2 years (give or take a few pounds).

It's now 2013 and it's time I got rid of the weight I piled on too. So good luck and lets do this again for ourselves. :)

Antari, than you for your reply .... it's amazing how we think we will lose weight and then our addiction will be cured, isn't it? Oh well, 2013 will be our year :)

Well.... here I am on D2 .... feeling good, but not looking forward to today as I am back at work tonight, so need to eek my 4 packs out over 24 hours - 12 hours night shifts, you gotta love them!!!

I'm still feeling positive, and have wrapped up little presents for each stone I lose - just little treats as a reward which are NOT food related. I'm also going to dig out my Beck books and get stuck into them.

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents) :D

well.... where does the time go? Just finished 4 nights this morning, it's been a struggle but today I have managed 100% with NO exceptions. Still loving the packs and bought some lovely fresh veg today to keep me going for the next few days.

On the graduation front .... invite received for the 5th April!!! Woohoo .... gotta keep motivated :)

Tomorrow I am going "window shopping" and deciding on little treats for each stone lost - when I have decided what I want I am writing a little card so each reward is kind of a surprise. It's all about rewarding myself with something other than food - 2 weeks to break a habit, right?

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents ;) )

well.... D3 of 100% for me - the ropey start to the week last Wednesday which was exacerbated by going straight on to nights on Thursday meant I was doing low calorie rather than VLCD :eek: Having said that, I decided to go ahead an weigh in today, as it is a week since the planned date :rolleyes: .....and I have lost 6lbs!!! In 3 days I am really pleased, and roll on next Wednesday for weigh in.

Onwards and downwards Ladies (& gents) :D

well.... where does the time go? Second weigh in today ..... a further 9lbs gone :eek: so that's 15lbs in 2 weeks - I'm pretty pleased with that!!!

I'm sleeping better, albeit for shorter periods of time, I have more energy and I can rush around now without getting out of breath - the stairs/hills are another story ;)

I hope everyone is finding that 2013 is their year and staying positive :clap:

well.... where does the time go? Second weigh in today ..... a further 9lbs gone :eek: so that's 15lbs in 2 weeks - I'm pretty pleased with that!!!

I'm sleeping better, albeit for shorter periods of time, I have more energy and I can rush around now without getting out of breath - the stairs/hills are another story ;)

I hope everyone is finding that 2013 is their year and staying positive :clap:

Fantastic well done :)

Back