14 eggs!

Ellellie

Just having a quick look in the fridge and I have 14 (count them!) eggs that all "expire" in the next couple of days! Eek!

Anybody have some good ideas with what to make with them? Possibly freezable lunch type things? If they ain't made into tasty snacks, I may has to drink them as a protein fix as part of my 10k training...and nobody wants that :-(

Thanks in advance! Xxx

How about using them to make the sw chip, egg and pepper bake thats advertised on the sw site?

Or you can hard boil them, cut them in half and add them to some batchlors cheese and broccoli pasta in sauce and bake in the oven.

Oorrr....make egg mayo sandwiches, use them to make scan bran cake or sw quiche, or use them to binde sw burgers together.

Endless amount of recipies that can be done with eggs!

How about some scotch eggs or fritattas?

Or...

Have spaghetti carbonara (yolks) and then meringue with the whites. You can make sun free meringues by using sweetener and not sugar.

If all else fails hard boil them and store them in vinegar and make pickled eggs!!

crack them into sealer bags and freeze them..
you can seperate them into whites and yolks if you so desire to make it easier for recepies that call for whites or yolks..
Nigella does it all the time..

Sarah-Jayne said:
How about using them to make the sw chip, egg and pepper bake thats advertised on the sw site?

Or you can hard boil them, cut them in half and add them to some batchlors cheese and broccoli pasta in sauce and bake in the oven.

Oorrr....make egg mayo sandwiches, use them to make scan bran cake or sw quiche, or use them to binde sw burgers together.

Endless amount of recipies that can be done with eggs!

Mmmm egg mayo!

Gemmy_Lou said:
How about some scotch eggs or fritattas?

Or...

Have spaghetti carbonara (yolks) and then meringue with the whites. You can make sun free meringues by using sweetener and not sugar.

If all else fails hard boil them and store them in vinegar and make pickled eggs!!

You have just made my evening! Syn free meringues! I wasn't aware such a thing existed! They are defiantly on my list of things to make now!

I thought you binged on 14 eggs lol!! :D

ColJack said:
crack them into sealer bags and freeze them..
you can seperate them into whites and yolks if you so desire to make it easier for recepies that call for whites or yolks..
Nigella does it all the time..

The OH is a bit funny with eating things out of date (even if they have been frozen) but if Nigella does it then maybe I can convince him. Although he fell out with her over Christmas for being too slutty, so maybe mentioning her won't carry too much weight in the conversation...

Eggy bread!

Cheesy scrambled eggs on toast? I love that with ketchup on the side, use your healthy a on cheese or syn it.

*keeps thinking*

i<3jellybeans said:
Eggy bread!

Cheesy scrambled eggs on toast? I love that with ketchup on the side, use your healthy a on cheese or syn it.

*keeps thinking*

We had eggy bread on Saturday, with a poached egg, beans and a quorn sausage! It was awesome! Maybe I could have eggy bread and egg mayo sandwiches for my lunches for the rest of the week!

Do you like french toast, or is that the same as eggy bread? Or is french toast sweet? I think it is, you could make a sw version with sweetener, eggs and cinnamon.

xx

Well, if it was me, the first 4 would be hard boiled for Sandwich/salad use.

The next 3 would be a 3-egg omelette as I had for tea.

2 more would be for soft-boiled with wholemeal soldiers either for an evening meal or breakfast.

The rest I would scramble. 5 eggs would make a nice pile - again on wholemeal toast.

Bear in mind, the expiry date on eggs can be extended if used in cooking/baking as opposed to eating as outlined above.

Steve

I'd make a variety of quiche's and freeze them :)

Back