140 lbs and counting down - fingers crossed

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Mitzi, 8 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Mitzi

Mitzi Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello there, my name is Mitzi

I'm a big girl - and I've a lot to lose, 10 stone - yikes! It sounds so much when I say it like that.:wave_cry:

I joined Slimming World for the first time last week and I'm delighted to say I've lost 5 lbs. But I'm realistic and I know whatever plan, you always lose a lot the first week.

I like the SW plan over others because it's not so much a diet as a sensible way of eating for life.

The only thing SW doesn't teach me is portion control. Telling me I can eat all I want from a list of foods is like putting gasoline next to a flame :eek:

It's really nice to know there are other people here that are/were as big as me, and it gives me a lot of hope that this time it's going to work.

I would love to have a weight loss buddy whose got as much as me to lose to give each other support.

Last edited: 8 September 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ruby31

Ruby31 Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi, I also want to get down to a 140lbs and need a buddy too :)
    X

4. Mitzi

Mitzi Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Ruby. Sure, lets help each other.

Last night was an utter disaster in the shape of a bag of tesco cheese puff balls. Why oh why did I buy them in the first place. So the syns just piled up. Ho Hum. At least I've got the rest of the week to redeem myself.

Last edited: 9 September 2011
  5. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Good luck with your weight loss hun. I have loads to lose and I am doing it with Exante (she says after failing about a million times so far!)

I try and stay clear of the crisp aisles when I go shopping coz I'm a sucker for crisps.
    As I'm not eating on exante I only need fresh veggies for my rabbits so might try and get my brother to shop for me from now on lol

6. Mitzi

Mitzi Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The very best of luck to you too.

If you can stay away from the supermarkets that's got to be a huge help.

You're right, no excuses, no going down the snacks isle.
    :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.