16 and Shrinking Team 16

Hello everyone,

Having a hectic day at work - and still not finished, but thought I'd do a quick check-in.

I'm really proud of myself, because I had to go to a service station and I walked past the cakes & pastries and got a small tuna salad & had my ss+ meal early. I was absolutely drooling but made myself walk away and I feel really chuffed!

Oh - and I PULLED THE ZIPS UP ON MY BOOTS!!! ALL THE WAY!!!!! I usually have to either wear ankle boots or leave a chunk of calf unzipped & try to cover it with a long skirt. (The boots are wide fitting, but even so, I haven't been able to zip 'em up for about 6 yrs. :D)

Hope you've been having a good day too. Well done Leeds for not giving in to the nibbles.

And hope you're feeling better Tracey. I'm sure there's no doubt you're going to get below 20 this side of Christmas - you're a bloomin' superstar!!!

xxx

Hi girls,

Jessie - WELL DONE HUN!!! That's great achievement to get your boots zipped up. All the little things like that give us such a massive amount of inspiration. Well done.. and also, nice one for passing the pastries and crisps ;) Well done (crips are my fav things in the world... longest i've ever gone without them)
Damn right, you SHOULD be proud of yourself :)

Leeds, Jimmyshoo, how are you doing today hunnies?

Well, i'm still just counting down the days for Chrimbo so I can eat... it's keeping me sane lol :D
Just had my second shake of the day so just chillin' now. :)

Hey Girls i am ok got TOTM so feel a bit sluggish but otherwise ok, sorry not been on DH has been in hospital for a knee operation so have been caring for him lol. He is a good patient though. I am going shopping today with one of my friends from work i have three presents to get and i'm finished so want to do that today. Hope you are all well, i get weighed tomorrow but dunno weather i will have lost due to TOTM, i have been excellent though so i should get something i hope.

Love to you all have a fabulous day :)

Jimmyshoo - aww bless, hope you DH has a speedy recovery. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and enjoy your shopping.

How is everyone today? WHERE has everyone disappeared to?

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else finding that there aren't enough hours in the day at the moment? I don't know if I'm coming or going (not much time to think about food though which is good.)

Leeds - how has the wi gone? Keeping my fingers crossed lovely...

It's my wi on Monday & I'm really hoping that I've managed to get rid of the 5lbs I put on when I was ill. In fact, although it might be a bit ambitious, I'm even hoping to lose 1lb as well. I'm trying really hard and have been getting more active (nothing too dramatic, just going on the strider in front of the telly etc.)

I've also tried to step up the pace when I take the dog out by thinking of a tune in my head, then walking along briskly in time to the 'music.' Yesterday it was 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' by the Clash & today it was 'Lady Marmalade' and I was striding along humming 'voulez vous couchez avec moi ...' I think I really need to ask Santa for an i-pod though!!! I'm probably getting a reputation as the crazy dog lady.

Don't know if I'll manage to 'lose' because it will mean 6lbs in total (which I haven't managed since wk 1) but it doesn't hurt to aim high. Otherwise, I'd be thinking 'just a few chips wouldn't hurt.'

Last night for my SS+ meal I had a little bit of fish and made mini veg kebabs out of mushrooms & courgettes. I had one with the fish, then nibbled the others watching telly & felt like I was having a Friday night 'treat.'

Tonight I'm going to treat myself to a nice long soak in the bath with my book, some fizzy water with orange flavouring & finishing off with a nice body butter. Think it must be coming up to totm because my moods have been all over the place ( ... like I'm usually so rational and well-balanced!) and I'm just feeling the need to treat myself a litle bit.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Leeds - keep us posted about your weigh-in.

JimmyShoo - hope you're DH is up & about soon. Good luck with nursing duty (I'm a dreadful nurse & my OH is an even worse patient so I dread him getting ill - I don't envy you!)

Tracey - how are you doing Superstar? Can't wait till you get to 19/13. There'll be partying all round the country (well, Wales, Lancs & Yorks anyway!) I've just been into town with the boys & got a new star for the tree when it goes up. I thought of you cos your decorations have been up long enough to get dusty haven't they? (lol)

Hope you're all having fab weekends.

xxx

LOL Jessie..

I have a picture in my head of a woman walking a dog singing the lady marmalade song now... hehe!

I really do hope you're going to lose the 6lbs this week chick, it'll give you sooo much motivation to carry on, it'll be really great! BEST of luck xx

Your mini Veg kebabs sound lovely! hmmm, never thought i'd say that about veg, but it really does sound like a treat! Nice one ;) yum yum!

lol - I can't wait to be 19st 13lbs! :D it's gonna be great... finally in the 'teens'! (the only way i'll get to the teens again too!)
If I could do cartwheels... i'd be doing them on that weigh day I tell you. And Party like mad! :D Will be well chuffed... I know i'll cry too, cos I feel myself whelling up even thinking about it. Sad Moo!

Your night sounds lovely for tonight, i'll be having a similar one with the X factor on somewhere inbetween.
I went shopping with my friend today, and went into New Look. I've never been able to buy any clothes in new look before, besides jewellery and boots, that's about it. I tried some jeans on just to have a look and the comfortable jeans were... wait for it.. 24!! I was in them, and THEY FIT! :D (there was no elastic on the sides, but they must have been a generous size or something!) But... still! it said 24 on the tag!! lol Was funny!

I didn't buy them though, they were a 31inch leg and my legs are short... so, really chuffed about that. Beats my size 28/30! :D:D

Anyway, hope you're all doing good.. will catch u later xx

Tracey - not sure if you'd noticed lovely, but you've lost nearly 2 stones - SO - maybe 'your' size 28/30 isn't actually your proper size any more!!! :rolleyes:

Well done for getting into size 24s :D:D:D:D:D - it's fantastic news, but you sound really shocked like it's some kind of mistake. YOU'VE SHRUNK! You've been bl**dy brilliant at this CD thing, you've lost weight, you're smaller than you used to be and you deserve to be in slinky jeans. Wahooooo !!! I'm so chuffed for you.

I'm with you on the short legs though - not much we can do about that!

I'm off for another dog walk now - just trying to think of a song to get me going. Feel like something dramatic- maybe Hey Big Spender .... I must try to just think music - not sing music.(I'm going to get locked up you know!)

Leeds ??? WI??? Still got everything crossed.

XXX

hi girls - i lost 1.5 lbs yesteday and was really pleased. i know its slow for me but i am taking the scenic route and with my birthday and nibbling almost every night i am glad to have lost anything. at least its not going up. also am about 9lbs from my first goal so i'm feeling good.

had a meal last night and back on CD today. in an ideal world i know if i stick to it 100% this week i can get at least 3lbs off this week but i always start off with good intentions and then it goes downhill. at least it is going down.

my cdc is going to the conference next sat so no weigh in. good luck everyone and well done !

Well done Tracey on the size 24's the feeling of buying smaller clothes is fab i love it. Jessie the singing dog walker i love it i have been larfing my head off at you Sorry !!!

Well done Leeds you have lost and a loss is great very proud off you considering you have found it tough and have been nibbling too.

I went out last night remember the jealous friend well she was out and she did not make one comment but she hated every minute of last night as she had to endure everybody saying to me how fabulous i look and Nigel's friends calling me sexy lady etc etc, my head was swollen last night i was so chuffed and i am only 19lbs in just imagine what its gonna be like after i finish my journey.

DH is gr8 can walk now and so we went for a few quiet drinks though i stayed on soda like a good girly.

Its weigh in time for me this evening so i will post as soon as i know how i have done. I am not holding out for much as even though i have been 5 days 100% 2 days SS+ i have TOTM and feel sluggish and bloated. Have a good day all and i will post later my WI result.

XXX Jimmy XXX

Congratulations Leeds - well done!!! That's a brilliant loss - especially with your birthday & everything Fantastic!:party0049::party0049::party0049:

And JimmyShoo - revenge is a chocci tetra best served cold as they say! HA!!! Getting your own back just by wandering around, having fun & being gorgeous. Serves her right. :sign0151:

Glad your DH is up and about again and well done on the soda water.

Fingers crosed for your wi - good luck.

Tracey, hope you're having a good day.

I took the dog to the park today - a bit too public for my musical walking. I had 'Whole Lotta Rosie' by ACDC in my head for the late night walk last night & was going so fast I nearly did myself a mischief. Have dug out OH's old personal CD player so later I can have real music, not just imaginary tunes!

Not too hopeful about tomorrow's wi really, although I have been good this week. If I can lose the bulk of the 5lbs I'll be happy, although I really really want to lose another lb too - we'll see.

xxx

lol - Jessie.. next you're going to be singing the theme from Ghostbusters, or even Never Ending Story as you'll be running out of good songs soon ;) Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in hun xx

Leeds - well done hun.. you're certainly going the right direction :) Nice one ;) How are those good intentions lasting?

Jimmyshoo - Oooh I'm soo glad you had a good night regarding everyone saying how fab you looked. :D You make sure that head keeps swelling hun cos you deserve it. It must have been fab so see your friends face tho... hehe! Great stuff!
Good luck for tonight xxx

Well, i'm having an ok day, (still counting down for Christmas eve tho!) I really am fancying something to eat! but... i'll live!
I've been jumping on the scales this week, and they're not moving at all, got weigh in on Tuesday but it's been totm so maybe that's the reason it's not budging. I've stuck to it 100% and been drinking loads of water... so hope this is only a one week blip kinda thing. But... nevermind, only 3 weeks and 4 days to go :D YAY!

Hope you're having a good day all, it's a bit cold today tho so wrap up warm girlies xxx

Whoop Whoop Whoop i lost 5lbs this week waaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

XXXXXXXXXX

jimmyshoo - good on you and well done on your loss. hope it gave your friend a real treat! OMG - i cannot believe you have lost 5lbs? how many to go?

I have had a crap weekend girls. just loads of eating, but i am back on CD today. just cannot seem to cope at weekends at all and the nearer i get to my initial goal the further away it seems and the more i cheat.

I am feeling pretty crappy and its TOM due on friday and i never lose on TOM week. i also have a manic week at work and after work stuff organised so i am dreading this week. can you please help me through this week? I need to be good now or else there is just no point spending all the money. I really need some encouragement and need a kick up the arse. I am fine during the week but come sat and my weigh in i kinda go crazy. having said that i never over eat, on sat i had dinner and on sunday i had shakes and then lasagne at night so its not an all day thing but for me it really cancels out any ss i do during the week.

jimmy shoo - how did you lose 5lbs - how much water do you have and do you have shakes or bars too? sorry to pester but amjust trying to get some inspiration. i am pleased with the 1.5lbs but need to up the ante a bit and try and get the 3lbs losses i was getting before my b'day. its all been a bit crappy since then! i am not getting weighed on sat but i still want to lose as i will weigh at home so am going for it 100%.

well done to everyone for the great losses this week. I am feeling a bit crappy cos its TOM week and everything at the moment is getting me down - work, meetings, CD, weather, the economy!

sorry to rant

Hi Everyone..

Leeds - don't stress honey! Right ok.. let's see.

I'd recommend you stick to just shakes hun, I asked my CDC about bars and she told me that I was doing ok with the shakes and the bars would 'ever so slightly' slow things down because there are a few more carbs in them. So... what's the point in having them? If you get to the stage where you just CAN'T face shakes anymore then go for it, but for the time being.. stay off the bars hun. I drink 4ltrs of water a day, i'm always carrying a bottle of water around so just keep sipping and you'll get through it.

Mentally... you deffo need a good week this week hun, just to give you that motivation back.

We feel crappy at times because this diet is hard, and we REALLY want to eat food.. but then, you feel crappy after you've eaten food... so, either way.. you're going to feel crappy! so, you may aswell NOT eat the food and feel crappy ...but then on weigh day... :D it'll be worth it :D (there is method to my madness in there somewhere! and I don't think i quite explained it right lol)

Stick it out until Christmas Leeds hun, it's only just over 3 weeks away... and then let yourself eat then... count down the days! YOU CAN do this, it WILL be worth it... how GREAT are you going to feel in just another 3 weeks of sticking to it?! You will feel fab after just 1 week of 100% sticking to it... you CAN do this hun, you know you can :D Lets do it! only 3 little weeks and they're flying by :D Come on chick... we're there for you!! :D

Leeds - sounds like you're having a really cr*p time of it at the moment lovely. It might not seem like it, but you're actually doing really well because it would be so easy to say'oh sod it' but you're hanging on in there.

You're not alone you know. I sometimes feel really inadequate because you all seem to be doing so well, and I know I was ill last week, but I still used it as an excuse to eat & nibble. At first, toast was all I could keep down, but what I didn't confess to at the time were the lumps of cheese I slapped on it when i was feeling better!!!!

I think we're all doing this really tough diet the best way we can. I was half tempted to stop until after Christmas because I know I'm going to struggle until then (anniversary this week, going away at the weekend etc) - I've discussed it with my cdc & plan to eat.

I've decided to stick at it. I may not do too well in the weight loss stakes, but I'll keep on more of an even keel until the new year.

What I'm trying to think about (and it might help you) is - how will I feel on 1st January? I know I won't be at target & I'll probably be feeling a bit sorry for myself BUT if I give up now, I know I'll feel really angry and disappointed with myself.

What I can do in the meantime is accept that perhaps I'm not going to have the losses I'd like but I still have time to knuckle down to dropping an lb or 2 (or 3 or 4....) before Santa gets here.

It's a tough diet in a not-ideal world. It's hard juggling life/kids/work/home/animals/planning for Christmas in the middle of a credit crunch etc etc and it's extra tough when you've got to do it all without breathing because if you breathe out your buttons will pop off & you've got to try not to think about food when its ABSOLUTELY BL**DY EVERYWHERE!!!! Good grief - it's a miracle we get out of bed in the mornings.

My cdc said tonight that people are giving up in droves at the moment & it's hardly surprising. Leeds - you're doing great. - don't be one of them. Keep at it, you've got 2 weeks to get a good result & you'll feel much better. Let's get through the next few weeks and then set ourselves a new year challenge eh?

Great advice from Tracey (and with her losses you know you're getting good advice!!!) & we've got great inspiration there with Tracey & JimmyShoo so up and at 'em eh?

I'm really chuffed because after gaining 5lbs last week, I've lost 1.5lbs this week (so with the 5lbs that means I've lost 6.5 lbs in total.) I'm ecstatic - it must be down to the musical dog walking. (I haven't measured myself though I might have lost height rather than weight - I may be an inch shorter with all the miles I've walked!)

Seriously, I know it's fluid rather than fat and so it doesn't really 'count', but it was the boost I needed.

We're all in this together & we're all at different stages. It's great that we can support each other (I wouldn't have got through week one without you lot) so let's just think about how far we've come & remember what bl**dy fantastic women we really are!

Phew - went on a bit there didn't I - sorry!

xxx

Great words Jessie hun.. it is tough, but you're both doing fantastic.

WELL DONE for your loss this week chick... fabulous! i'm dead chuffed for u!

Everything u said there is sooo true hun...

Don't forget tho, i have a serious amount of weight to lose so don't let that dishearten you :)

You really are inspirational xx

Back