160lbs to lose - just introducing myself

badger1980

Hi people just introducing myself,
Names Badger basically because of my grey hairs. I'm a 27yr male that was feeling 60.
I started cambridge on the 20/5/08 and i'm currently sat at just over 22stone and started late may on 24 5lbs. my next target is to get into the teens then take it a stone at a time. Really chuffed with the diet so far, im doing the ss+ which means I have a small meal a day which is great.
I got interested in the diet after stumbling across Icemooses blog, he was pretty much a mirror image of myself(body wise) and the transformation was a miracle. Ive allways been big built but put on about 4 stone over 2 years due to debt problems stress etc and just really let myself go. Now my head is in the right place I decided to sort myself out, I think this is crucial. My reasons for weight loss are firstly my health and secondly image and the other perks of being lighter.
Im not in any rush to lose this but im really happy at the start, hope to get exercising more as I progress although my energy levels are through the roof already.
Anyway sure i'll be on here a lot over the months. And nice that theres a forum for those with a lot to lose rather than a stone or 2.

:wave_cry:

hi badger and welcome to minis, see you around for info and support

Welcome to our community Badger :D:D:D

Welcome to the site Badger! Well done on the weight you've lost so far - by the sounds of it you've got the mindset and determination to get exactly to where you want to be! Squidge x

Hi Badger,

Good luck with the rest of your journey, I'm about to join the Century club myself, so maybe we can keep each other company?

I'm new as well... need to make a positive change so am starting on SS today.

Hi all, thanks all for your kind words. This forums huge so I guess I got a bit lost. Lost another 5 3/4lbs last week and weigh in tomorow so fingers crossed for another good week. Ten2go feel free to keep posting here and i'll do the same, im not on as much as i'd like to be but will keep an eye on the threads, think support on here certainly helps. :)

Hi Badger, you've done amazing well! I know what you mean re the stress of debt problems etc. Been there too and I've found I can only get my head in the right place for dieting if everything else in my life is 'reasonable'. Know it will never be perfect!!

Looking forward to following your progress.:D

Well here we are, cant believe over 3 months since I last posted on this thread. Ive lost over 100 pounds, 102 to be precise. I now weigh in at a half respectable 17st 1lb, another 3-4 stone to go for a healthy weight. Shocks me looking back at this thread being such a short time ago yet so much has happened.
:)

Thought i'd update, had a very poor month in feb and didnt lose a thing, its still coming off yet very slow(1-2lbs a week) which is ok, just want to get finished now. :)

Back