1950s housewife?

tipperary

Gold Member
That's what I describe myself as at times when people ask what my hobbies are.

I love knitting, have been knitting since I was 4, a one stage I had a knitwear business but now it is a hobby again. I am currently knitting a pair of socks, two shawls, a cardigan, a temperature blanket and a mermaid blanket.

I love sewing and patchwork, I like to hand sew small item,s like decorations, out of felt and embellish them with ribbons and buttons and sequins. I also make patchwork quilts ands cushions and table mats.

I love to cook and bake, I hate HAVING to cook but love spending a day in the kitchen preparing food for the week. I make our own sourdough bread most days.

I have a vegetable garden and polytunnel and in thre summer we are self sufficient in veggies and eggs, we have 1 duck and 8 hens (down from 3 and 10 last week after a mink attack).

I also like walking and try to walk our husky each day.
I love swimming too and have rejoined the local gym to use the pool and I also do aqua jogging which is a full body workout. I haven't done this in over a year now and hopefully will be back to it in the next week or two.

That is so cool that you're such an active person! Recently I haven't been doing a lot lately because of work, and now hitting the gym to lose some weight... But I'd love to go back to knitting. I wish I could be a better housewife.
When I read your story I see you in pin-up like apron with cherries on it!

Im actually not a very good housewife at all, I am more likely to be knitting than washing dishes or batch cooking for the freezer than making lunch. I do have a nice collection of aprons, none have cherries but two do have frills.

Had a busy summer working and did nothing in the garden at all. It is very overgrown now.
Back knitting again and working on a mermaid blanket for daughter 2 for Christmas.

Back