This time it will stay off!

YAY!!!! I went to the gym!!! it's embarrassing to admit but it has actually been refurbished since I last went and I went on the exercise bike whilst watching deal or no deal!! This is impressive for this small independent gym. I had a lovely egg only omelette for tea too.
I am going back to the gym tomorrow!
Hooray step one complete.

:) Just wanted to say a massive well done for getting to the Gym, thats the hardest part I find, actually getting up and doing it - Keep going you can do it :) xxx

I was so pleased with myself for going to the gym but have not been able to go back. I will go back tomorrow, I promise!

Let's hope that my willpower will reamin strong over the weekend, I really don't want to ruin the good work.
Luckily I am working late all next week, so no time to snack!!!

But it goes to waste everytime!
Yesterday we had a free packed tea (as it was parents evening) and it included a massive chocolate muffin and cheese and ham sandwiches. I ate the cheese and ham sandwiches as this was technically my main meal for the day. I then thought, well thats not much and I don't want to under-eat so I thought I should eat the muffin too. I broke a few pieces from the top and whilst eating them that this is my problem, I eat first and think properly later. So I threw the muffin in the bin. I was very proud of myself.
I realise that when this diet stops I will need to continue counting calories, the benefit this time is that I am aiming to lose the weight by the easter holidays and will need to keep it off so I can dress for the weather in the summer when I go to Florida. Although I can almost guarantee that whilst wearing a swimsuit the sarong will stay on to cover the unsightly masses otherwise known as my legs.

Hi senga, just been reading through your diary. The bit where you dont know what to do when you hit target is my problem too. I think you have to get your head around the bit that is dieting and losing weight is easy (honestly, we know what to do to lose weight) but keeping it off is the real problem. Thats when the journey really starts, for me anyway. Ive lost over 6 and half stone in a really short time. Im glad ive got that out the way, now the real work starts. Im not going to go on the yoyo thing again, its off and its staying off. Losing the weight is just the beginning, not the end.

Thanks lynn, I like that, I have never before thought of the end of the diet as the start, just the time when everything goes back to normal and I can eat normally again!

I think I will focus on the end this time, I went to the gym this morning and feel really pleased with myself for getting up and out.
I went with my husband to do the weekly shop and it's hard knowing that we both like to eat, but prior to this I had already decided that I would try some new weightwatchers meals, in order to keep my diet varied and to stop me getting bored of the same thing everyday. I even turned down the offer of cheese garlic bread and when I read out the calories, he soon changed his mind.

Today has been more of a challenge, I went to the gym this morning, which I am quite pleased with, but I have felt hungry all day. I even picked up one of my son's choc dips, but put it back down when I saw how many calories were in it. I had some grapes instead.
It will be interesting to see how this week goes as I am prompting at the school play Tues-Fri nights and won't be home until 10 on those nights, which leaves me with little time to snack. Hope I won't be too tired with the lower calorie intake!

Hooray!!!!
I got through the weekend and not only did I eat well, but I also went to the gym twice!!!
I weighed myself this morning and in the first week I lost 4 pounds!
I wish it would come off this fast every week, but I imagine it will go down to 2 pounds a week, which is fine, but I just wish I could fast-forward to Easter when I am back the way I should be. Although as somebody pointed out to me, thats when the real journey begins, learning how to feed the new body!
I looked at my fave restaurant in Florida online yesterday as I plan on going back there first night of the holiday and discovered that they have a nutritional calculator, so I planned my meal based on what I had last time nad it came out at 2480 calories!!! It was three courses, but I can't believe that this wouldn't have been the only think I ate that day, dread to think how mny calories I consumed last time I was in Florida. I suppose that it does help to be walking round theme parks all day or swimming loads, but probably not 2500 worth!!

4lbs, that's amazing!! Well done for sticking to it and for getting down the gym a lot more. I can't gym on the weekend but I did walk to Morrisons and back Saturday which is a huge deal for me as I'm really unfit and it was flippin' cold!

Good luck for this week :D

Hooray!!!!
I got through the weekend and not only did I eat well, but I also went to the gym twice!!!
I weighed myself this morning and in the first week I lost 4 pounds!
I wish it would come off this fast every week, but I imagine it will go down to 2 pounds a week, which is fine, but I just wish I could fast-forward to Easter when I am back the way I should be. Although as somebody pointed out to me, thats when the real journey begins, learning how to feed the new body!
I looked at my fave restaurant in Florida online yesterday as I plan on going back there first night of the holiday and discovered that they have a nutritional calculator, so I planned my meal based on what I had last time nad it came out at 2480 calories!!! It was three courses, but I can't believe that this wouldn't have been the only think I ate that day, dread to think how mny calories I consumed last time I was in Florida. I suppose that it does help to be walking round theme parks all day or swimming loads, but probably not 2500 worth!!

Hey Senga :)
Well done you on the weight loss and getting to the Gym! :)
Keep going, you can do this! xxx

Hi,
Have been good this week sticking to my diet whilst working from 8am-9pm (and who said teachers didn't work hard!) the benefit is that I don't have time to snack and am taking in my tea as selected from the healthy range at Tesco's. I am getting a bit bored of the saem kind of ready meal everyday. It's going to be hard tomorrow as the rest of the staff are ordering in Dominos! I will pop in to Tesco's before school to see if there is anything more exciting to eat, which will stop the pizza envy!

Nightmare, I was wondering why the weight was not coming off this week and I was feeling a bit bloated. My monthly visitor has arrived a week early! How is this even possible, i'm on the pill and still taking it until tomorrow! What is wrong with me? I am avoiding the scales until this craziness ends. Food wise i am still being very good. To combat the dominos seige tonight I have bought a 'special' ready meal, not a low fat one, at 640 cals it's still going to keep me in my limit, whilst also making up for the lack of double decadence!

You've been doing really well sticking to your diet for another week. My weight goes all over the place at TOTM as well. It's especially noticeable when you weigh every day. Mine went up by 2.5 pounds last week mid week and then dropped 5 pounds by the end of the week so overall I lost 2.5 pounds but was really miffed mid week!! Keep at it, it'll sort itself out hun. x

So, not the best weekend. Went out on Saturday and my husband and son love Burger King and seeing as we met up with my brother and his family I was too weak to resist. I had been very strong all week and was so tired after a week of working late and getting home at 10pm, so I felt a little indulgence was needed. The guilt is what gets you though, I felt so bad yesterday! I am back to good work and will not fall off the wagon so shockingly again. I had my weigh in and still lost weight, but it's difficult to fully appreciate where, due to my unexpected guest. Hope it leaves soon so I can go back to weighing and monitoring the loss properly. I Feel so bloated, hope that goes soon too as it becomes disheartening when you don't feel the difference after being so good.

So, starting to find it tougher two weeks in! I went to the cinema to see The King's Speech last night, it was fantastic. I did have some popcorn, which wasn't the healthiest of treats as it was covered in caramel! I am going to my parents for tea today and we are having Roast Beef, so not the best, but they do small portions! I need to get back in the zone. Luckily this weekend I am planning on doing some much needed decorating whilst my husband is at work, so I get to burn off calories and won't be tempted by him and his Burger King!

Guilt has stopped me from writing as frequently as when I first started this blog. I didn't do too well last weekend, good on Monday, not great Tuesday, not even going to mention Wednesday again. Last night was back on track, due to working late and felt so much better for it. Tonight is the meal at a friends, I will try to remember to take my own diet soft drinks as they always get coca-cola in for me, something I am much better off avoiding at all costs. I will be good this weekend and hopefully the magic number I saw this morning on the scales will not have been a figment of my imagination and will stick around until Sunday, then I can start work on next weeks weight loss.
So glad it's Friday, I have a nice easy day and time to have a power-nap when I get home tonight before going out.

Have a great night tonight and definitely don't waste empty calories on drink - save it for food. Just switch to diet drinks, you'll soon get used to them and then like me you'll feel like full fat coke melts your teeth as you drink it it's that sweet!!

Good luck for your weigh in and hope the scales stay being nice :)

Well, I haven't written for a while as I have been quite rubbish. I am now hopefully at the end of the 21 day unexpected visit, just in time for the actual event next week. How am I supposed to diet when my body is rebelling against me.
I haven't counted calories in over a week, oh well. I will try to be good again today and tomorrow, but considering that I am going to the hell otherwise known as my in-laws on Saturday I am not making any promises for good behaviour, but I will write more about that later.

Back