This time it will stay off!

Senga

Hi,
This is my first blog. I am here following my friend who has such great determination with dieting that she inspires me. I have no excuse for gaining two stone again after losing it prior to a trip to New York last Feb. I have no health issues or depression or reason other than I like food a lot, love chocolate and coca-col@ and am married to a man who knows how to cook.
I also like to lose (strange typo, I meant use) the lame excuse that I don't have time to go to the gym, when in fact I could go, but prefer to sleep in the lounge under my blanket before an evening of chocolate and coca-col@ in front of the TV.
I will say it now. I am giving up the Cola - we will see how long this lasts as after a long hard days teaching, nothing refreshes better (or ruins a diet quicker).
I am also planning on going to the gym tonight. Will I go? I got the clothes out, they are ready and right now so am I.
Can I mention that the gym is literally opposite my house and I am now on my third year of membership. Can I also mention that I have a 10 year old son, so am tied to when my husband is home from work before I can make my next excuse not to go to the gym.
Be warned if anyone is reading this that I have been known to ramble on and that I am doing this for me, not for the legions of people who have more interesting and insightful blogs to read.
I am also going to steal my friends suggestion that I write everytime I feel the urge to pop open a can or wrestle open a lovely bar of chocolatey goodness.

Just to give you a bit of background, I was always thin, up until I was 20 I had to wear clothes for 15 year olds as I was petite aswell. When I was 20 I had a baby and then worked hard to get back in shape.
When I was 21 I became a housewife and baked, I gained about a stone. Lost it again. From this point I started the whole yo-yo process of eating, then losing. I am now 31 and have no stable diet. I also hate veg, which makes dieting very challenging.
I calorie count as this still allows me to eat what I like, but a lot less.
I don't mind excercise, it's just the getting to it after a long day teaching (secondary school) when after a 40 minute journey home I just want to sleep. But I am determined that this will change.

I am signing off now as I have to go teach and all.

Last edited:
Aw I inspire you, that's so sweet and possibly the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me. Now I'm going to be embarrassed if that isn't me ;-)

Good start to the diary, and yes it really does help to write when you feel tempted by naughty stuff or need to confess you've fallen of the wagon temporarily or someone or something has gotten to you and threatens to sabotage your diet! Keeps your hands busy if nothing else.

So who are you going to tell you've got a diary!?

Nobody knows my troubles!

I will be telling nobody about the blog, I don't know if I want people to know how frustrating it is every time I do really well and lose two stone, then spend the next year destroying it all. I don't know what's wrong with me, everytime I swear I will stick to it and it just doesn't happen, as soon as I hit the target I lose momentum and start eating badly again and its not even just eating normally, I don't think I ever just eat normally I either diet or overeat and gain it all back. I know that if I ate a normal diet then the weight would stay off, why can't I just do that. I did well yesterday until I got home from work. I think I should start shaming myself and put on the crazy eating I do for no reason.
Yesterday I ate.
2 satsumas
6 chocolate truffles (3 is about 180 calories, they are lovely though)
Can of Coke (140 calories)
Chicken burger with cheese, with chips from Wetherspoons
Can of Coke
Not good. I will do better today AND go to the Gym.

Might seem an obvious question.....but where was lunch!? I've always been in awe of how strict you can be when you put your mind to it and just how little you can get away with eating and still function! You know you can lose that two stone, you've done it before, then you can work on the keeping it off. You may develop a gym addiction which allows you eat a little crazier and still keep the weight off :)

Hi,).
I am also planning on going to the gym tonight. Will I go? I got the clothes out, they are ready and right now so am I.
Can I mention that the gym is literally opposite my house and I am now on my third year of membership. Can I also mention that I have a 10 year old son, so am tied to when my husband is home from work before I can make my next excuse not to go to the gym.
Be warned if anyone is reading this that I have been known to ramble on and that I am doing this for me, not for the legions of people who have more interesting and insightful blogs to read.
I am also going to steal my friends suggestion that I write everytime I feel the urge to pop open a can or wrestle open a lovely bar of chocolatey goodness.
I am signing off now as I have to go teach and all.

welcome, welcome welcome

..and do ramble on and on...and on cos we all do if ' some of us 'are not talking about fish pedicures and movies and shoes and babe wigs and word associations we might get round to talking about the diet....:eek:

Bella

I did say lunch, the two satsumas. I had one of my five a day, yay me! Seriously though, before you hang me out to dry for not eating during the day, it is bad I know but I don't eat breakfast and never have as a rule, the odd times I have, has been when its included with a hotel and I would eat so much I may explode. If I ate breakfast normally I snack during the day. My lunch has always been what I have time to eat without needing to prepare it in the morning.
The strange thing my friend pointed out is that I seem to survive on strange random bursts of food. My family are not big eaters and are very healthy.
I would love a gym addication, if I could swap my addiction to coke for that, I would be great!

I am aiming to lose a stone by the time I visit the in-laws (feb half term) who make my life hell and never once noticed I lost weight previously or complimented me, comes from then generally not noticing me, apart from noticing when I do something wrong.
I will have to be strong to hit this and get down that gym.
Still planning on going tonight.

You should try and eat abit of breakfast because this is what kick starts ur motabolizm, I have a healthy breakfast and lunch and try and skip dinner instead or just have some reallllly low fat good luck x

Sent from my X10i using MiniMins

I'm the same with breakfast, if I have it I'll pick at stuff all morning. I know that's because my metabolism has started working but that's only going to be of benefit if you can then go without food till lunch. I can't. So in fact it's just extra calories I don't need. I eat an Alpen light bar at about 10-30 that sees me through till lunch time. No-one ever understands me when I explain that but it's perfectly logical, they're just a bit thick I think ;-)

I'm lucky I have a job where I get to stop properly for lunch, I know your job often means you can't. So long as you make it up at tea time I don't hold with the nonsense idea that you shouldn't eat your main meal too late at night. Clearly the body is using simple maths 'what goes in must be equalled or exceeded by what gets burnt off to either stay the same weight or lose weight'. Doesn't matter when you eat those calories.

This is addictive...

What a good way to spend my lunch break. Only one lesson to go and then I will be going to the Gym. I am still going. The Evil class I had this morning didn't get me down enough to eat and I love the classes between now and Thursday afternoon! So I will be good today and tomorrow. I can also go to the gym tomorrow as my son will be at his friends for tea (by the way I want their house) Thursday will be an easy healthy day as I only have fruit at work and it's parents evening. I love Parent's evening, no time to snack between appointments.
Am enjoying my satsumas as I type.

The problem with Breakfast is that I would have to get up earlier and I don't get enough sleep as it is.

YAY!!!! I went to the gym!!! it's embarrassing to admit but it has actually been refurbished since I last went and I went on the exercise bike whilst watching deal or no deal!! This is impressive for this small independent gym. I had a lovely egg only omelette for tea too.
I am going back to the gym tomorrow!
Hooray step one complete.

I have just started a second thread about my clothing obsession, it just bugs me that I have so many fantastic clothes and can't fit into them, especially boots as I am currentlt wearing knee high boots under my trousers as ankle boots with large flappy bits. I know no-one can see them but I was obsessed with the idea that the flappy bits were really noticeable so I put loads of elastic bands round the top to hold them in. Which worked until they started pinging off and falling out the bottom of my trousers, whilst I was teaching!

Am feeling a bit tired today. I underate yesterday, I didn't mean to, it just happened. I will try to stick to a healthy calorie intake, Especially whilst I am also going to the gym, which I still intend on doing tonight.

I have just started a second thread about my clothing obsession, it just bugs me that I have so many fantastic clothes and can't fit into them, especially boots as I am currentlt wearing knee high boots under my trousers as ankle boots with large flappy bits. I know no-one can see them but I was obsessed with the idea that the flappy bits were really noticeable so I put loads of elastic bands round the top to hold them in. Which worked until they started pinging off and falling out the bottom of my trousers, whilst I was teaching!

Did someone mention clothes and boots...I brought these soft leather cream ankle boots back from hols, they are a bit tight cos my feet are about half a size bigger than normal but I just love clothes..love them, love them.

what's with the elastic bands, didn't they cut off your circulation?

Bella

There were some lovely pink lines on my legs followng the elastic bands!
I made an attempt to wear my mum's wellies when it snowed and they were so tight, it was agony. How come when I see anyone else in wellies they are all loose and comfy looking, I almost had to get the shoehorn to help!
I have abnormally large legs for my size, which is why people don't always understand how I weigh so much, it's well hidden I carry it all in my legs.

Last edited:
:) ha its not big bones but big legs, but elastic bands can't be good if they are leaving marks in your flesh.I love shoes and my thing is that i am a regular size 8 at time 8.5 , but since I put on weight I have to go to a 9 or a 9.5..also buying shoes , fashionable soft leather shoes which do not cost a great deal in the Uk is not an option for me. i wait till I go to the US on hols and go to a secondhand/consignment store and buy 'gently worn' shoes...but this last visit is the first time I bought boots because I missed having them.

fashionable wellies I think would cost alot, though they should not, they are just plastic after all..but there must be web sites that do larger generous sizes in boots?

Bella

:) ha its not big bones but big legs, but elastic bands can't be good if they are leaving marks in your flesh.I love shoes and my thing is that i am a regular size 8 at time 8.5 , but since I put on weight I have to go to a 9 or a 9.5..also buying shoes , fashionable soft leather shoes which do not cost a great deal in the Uk is not an option for me. i wait till I go to the US on hols and go to a secondhand/consignment store and buy 'gently worn' shoes...but this last visit is the first time I bought boots because I missed having them.

fashionable wellies I think would cost alot, though they should not, they are just plastic after all..but there must be web sites that do larger generous sizes in boots?

as for shopping, you probably did not read my post on having to get extra suitcase allowances when I was coming back from hols cos the consignment shop I go to has so much and so cheap that it was worth it to get a complete 'gently used' wardrobe of clothes..but I will admit that whenin the uk I just do not want to spend money on larger new clothes cos I do not like the selection or how much they charge for rubbish..even evans clothes are gruesome.

Bella

Luckily after the elastic bands started to fall off I realised that the boots weren't actually as obviously sticking out where they weren't done up as I thought.
I didn't go to the gym last night, I was so tired when I got home, that I decided that if I had forced myself, then I would resent going and I don't want that to happen. I did stick to my diet though.
Does anyone know of a good website to get diet recipes for main meals?

Day three and I am still feeling positive about the diet. I find it ok when I am on it, but it took me long enough to get into the mindset. I am annoyed at the number of times I have said I would start and lose this much by this time and then given up. I will stick to it and go all the way, but I am worried about the end. What happens when I get down to my target weight. I love food and it's so hard when you stop dieting. I'm not sure I even know how to eat normally, I have spent so many years now just going from eating far too much or too little (on a diet). I don't know how to balance it. As soon as I stop the diet and reach my goal, I stop calorie counting and the weight slowly starts to pile back on. How did I gain two stone? I remember when it was one stone over, but when did that last stone appear.
I am so much healthier right now, I never normally eat this much fruit, yet I like it, why don't I keep it up. What is wrong with me. I know I am miserable as a bigger version of myself, but I can't stop yo-yoing.

I think when you get to your goal you need to keep counting the calories for a while to get to know what 'normal' is. Normal maintenance for me is 1700 to 1800 calories which is sadly very low (thanks to the thyroid probs I have) but you need to get to know what your level is that starts to make you gain weight. Then you'll get to know what you can and can't eat or if you have a very high calorie meal like a takeaway then just ease up the following day to balance it out. You don't want all your hard work to go to waste :)

But it goes to waste everytime!
Yesterday we had a free packed tea (as it was parents evening) and it included a massive chocolate muffin and cheese and ham sandwiches. I ate the cheese and ham sandwiches as this was technically my main meal for the day. I then thought, well thats not much and I don't want to under-eat so I thought I should eat the muffin too. I broke a few pieces from the top and whilst eating them that this is my problem, I eat first and think properly later. So I threw the muffin in the bin. I was very proud of myself.
I realise that when this diet stops I will need to continue counting calories, the benefit this time is that I am aiming to lose the weight by the easter holidays and will need to keep it off so I can dress for the weather in the summer when I go to Florida. Although I can almost guarantee that whilst wearing a swimsuit the sarong will stay on to cover the unsightly masses otherwise known as my legs.

Back