1lb loss in 5th week HELP

smudgers1

Hi guys this is my 1st post, this is my 5th wk on Cambridge and wk 1 I lost 10ls, wk2-7,wk3-3,wk4-3, and wk 5 1lb eeek :confused: I am trying to quit smoking and was prescribed Champix from my doc but my consultant advised against taking these whilst on ss so not sure if that caused a slow down. Also at he weekend I made a mushroom omelette because I was really struggling, would this have stopped me loosing too? Sorry for the long post xx

Hello - I've recently completed 8 weeks on CD and went from 12 stone 4 to 9 stone 11. I have to say - this is normal stuff! The losses DO tail off and studies show that after the first few weeks there is practically NO difference in eating 400 calories a day and 800 cals.

My losses started to slow in week 5 or 6 do I added some food in. Low carb, calorie counted - and I increased calories to 600 odd for a week or so . That week I lost 5lbs.

I cannot see your stats as I'm on my phone. How much do you have left to lose ?

My advice would be to add in a meal. Just a small one - maybe 300 calories. Keep water to 2 litres. And grit your teeth for another week. We've all been there on Cambridge so I understand your frustration

Wow that's an amazing loss in such a short time!! I still have 2 stone I want to lose. That's great advice I think I'll maybe try adding in some food next week and see what happens even if its just a grilled chicken breast for dinner. Thanks very much for the advice x

Keep us posted!

You're actually doing really well and you are completely on the line where you should be. Cambridge say that you'll lose a stone a month and this tends to be absolutely correct. I had lots of frustrating days where the scales refused to budge but they do eventually!

Great idea to have some chicken next week. Keep at it - you'll be 12 stone something before you know it - and then you're on the home stretch

Well done for the amazing weight loss everyone! Im on this diet but theres just one thing im scared of: if weight goes to quickly it gives the skin no time to gain elasticity and therefore sags. What are your experiences or tips?

Well - this all depends! I am now 9 stone 10 and my skin is just fine HOWEVER my tummy is not great... this is nothing to do with the diet/ how I've lost weight/how quickly and everything to do with having two big babies and stacking on 6 stone with my first pregnancy. So... you need to consider a few factors. How old are you? how much do you need/want to lose? If you are 20 stone, for example, then yes, expect to have some loose skin at the end of the journey. If you are 13 stone then you will probably be OK.

I am 40 and I suppose i have 'good' skin. And anyway... compared to being overweight and feeling down about that, the loose skin thing is really nothing to worry about. I also think it is a way to 'self sabotage ' yourself. ' Oh, what is the point of losing weight... I'll be left with sagging skin ..might as well not bother.. '

Concentrate on the job in hand - losing the weight. THEN fret about what you're dealing with come target. Think positive , affirming things and you'll be just fine.

GretaGrip said:
Well - this all depends! I am now 9 stone 10 and my skin is just fine HOWEVER my tummy is not great... this is nothing to do with the diet/ how I've lost weight/how quickly and everything to do with having two big babies and stacking on 6 stone with my first pregnancy. So... you need to consider a few factors. How old are you? how much do you need/want to lose? If you are 20 stone, for example, then yes, expect to have some loose skin at the end of the journey. If you are 13 stone then you will probably be OK.

I am 40 and I suppose i have 'good' skin. And anyway... compared to being overweight and feeling down about that, the loose skin thing is really nothing to worry about. I also think it is a way to 'self sabotage ' yourself. ' Oh, what is the point of losing weight... I'll be left with sagging skin ..might as well not bother.. '

Concentrate on the job in hand - losing the weight. THEN fret about what you're dealing with come target. Think positive , affirming things and you'll be just fine.

Thanks for the advice and positivity!!! I am 32 and weigh 14.8, so i guess i should be ok :0).

Back