1st AAMW Disaster!!!

pmosgirl

Hi everyone

Well, I moved to CD after 9 wks on LL, and have nearly finished my 1st AAMW - and I've totally blown it!!!!

After 9 wks of being totally abstinent, I have done nothing but pick and stuff my way through the last 5 days!! I started the beginning of the week really well, right amount of protein/vegetables, but as the week has gone on it's got worse.

What's wrong with me???? I can see that when I finish this plan, I won't be able to maintain my new weight, as I shall eat and eat - I can't seem to stop myself.

HELP!!!! I've no reason to eat, I'm not hungry, I'm not feeling deprived and I feel full from my AAM and packs - so why can't I stop eating rubbish, ie, crisps/biscuits and more chicken than I care to remember!!!!

Sorry for the rant guys, just needed to put it down in black and white, so I can see it for real that I have overdone it and I need to get back on track ASAP!!!

lots of people struggle with aamw for some reason. I was ok with my aamw in week 5, but then a few weeks later I had a planned 4 days on 790 when I went away. It took me almost three weeks to stop the picking when I got back. I will not do aamw or 790 again until I am ready for maintenance as my losses slowed right down during the weeks I was picking, and since stopping I have lost 8lb in two weeks.

Try your hardest to get back on the straight and narrow. You've already said that you are not picking because you are hungry.... You CAN do this.

I had the same problem !!! I will not do another week of AAM so what I do is add a little chicken and Veg once a week.I fit this in with family nights out etc,Also my CDC said to have this now and then so I do not become afraid of food.It works for me, but I cant do a whole week of AAM because I just add bits of everything !!

Yep, I know AAMW is a problem for some, but you should do it as the book.

It's the head stuff. It's all in the attitude. After all, Cambridge is food, so you haven't not eaten.

AAMW is a bit like practising maintenance (except you still get to lose weight). It's a million times easier than maintenance though IMO:eek: It's a chance to get your head around some demons. Sort out some issues with food, before you have the biggest journey ever.

Don't think that once you get to goal it will all be so easy because you'll be slim so will want to eat like a slim person. It doesn't work like that. Take this opportunity to work on it a bit of the head stuff during your weight loss.

You need AAMW for your health, but it's a great time to sort out other things whilst your at it.

Thanks guys for your replies.

After doing LL for 9 weeks, I thought my head had been sorted, to a degree?? Oh, well, today is another day, perhaps I might adopt the LL Thought record system, when I'm heading for the dark side!!!!

Thanks guys for your replies.

After doing LL for 9 weeks, I thought my head had been sorted, to a degree??

I think most people do. That's the great thing about AAMW. It gives you a glimpse into that dark side. A chance to practice but still staying in ketosis, and still losing weight.

I decided that since bad habits are easier to learn than good ones, it would take me at least twice as long to really relearn. So, by the time I'm 112 years old, I shall have it well and truly cracked :clap:
perhaps I might adopt the LL Thought record system, when I'm heading for the dark side!!!!

Fab idea. Use everything you have at your disposal to succeed at it, rather than putting it away until the magic day comes when it'll be oh so easy....cos it just doesn't work like that.

Hey. Best of luck though. It isn't all doom and gloom at all. AAMW is a great week. Enjoy but learn from it.

Back