1st day done but a little advice needed

sarahb2

Why is it that we never go anywhere and as soon as a diet is started the invites come in ! Anyway what to do? some good friends that also never go out have invited us over for a meal on Saturday, I instantly said yes (over exited!!!), then realised I can't. So this is where I need help, I can see that people on this diet do have a protein and green veg/salad meal on some days is it allowed ?????? because I feel bad about telling my friend we can't come and feel a failure if i slip in the 1st week of diet what to do ? Any advice will be welcome, thanks Sarah x

Hi Sarah. The fact you have started and that it concerns you means you are definitely not a failure!

The answer really is with you. If you have a meal with your friends, providing you don't over do it, the only thing that is most likely to happen is a smaller weight loss in your 1st wk. If that is OK with you then go and enjoy.

The negatives are that you will take a little longer to get into ketosis, and of course, how much weight you will lose. BUT, providing you go straight back on track, in reality it will be no big deal.

Social events will always crop up and IMHO it is more about what follows them that's important rather than the event itself.

Best wishes, and good luck.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I agree with MrMc - if you can enjoy the evening out, eat protein and avoid any carbohydrates and of course alcohol. As above, what happens the next day is what really counts. Life is what happens and learning to adjust and refuse the foods that you know don't do you any good; if you can learn that on week one - well done. It can be done and you will feel so great having achieved that - but if you fail - so what? Pick yourself up and start again, you are in this for the long haul, one night is no going to matter. Good luck
GSQ

Do you know what they're cooking? if you ask you can get a heads up on what to do.

I made a promise to never miss a social event when I did LL, I went to numerous events, including 3 course Christmas party, and never ate a thing. I told people I was on a strict diet and did not want to break it. I knew there would be other chances to join in the eating and didn't feel I was missing out. Ultimately the decision is yours, but I know that some people really struggle when they do add food, without clear guidelines. Whatever your choice, make sure you stick to the guidelines/limits. if it were me, I would accept the invite, but explain to my friend that I wanted to come, but didn't not want to et, but like I said, we are all individuals and we have freedom to chose. Good luck whichever way you go.

I agree with MrMc - if you can enjoy the evening out, eat protein and avoid any carbohydrates and of course alcohol. As above, what happens the next day is what really counts. Life is what happens and learning to adjust and refuse the foods that you know don't do you any good; if you can learn that on week one - well done. It can be done and you will feel so great having achieved that - but if you fail - so what? Pick yourself up and start again, you are in this for the long haul, one night is no going to matter. Good luck
GSQ
THanks, I have told my friend so she said there would be pleanty of protein.

It wouldn't be cheating at all Sarah, you'd be having one WS (working solutions) day that week where you add a 400kcal meal that is high protein/low carb. Much better to have 6 100% TS days and 1 WS day at 100% - I'd still be expecting a good loss from this too. Good luck and have fun! x

Back