1st day of CD!!!

To make way for the lemon ones. Why they can't manufacture both is beyond me. I guess the orange ones weren't selling, but it's a massive shame because I think they were the second best after lemon.

I am so gutted! Gonna hopefully buy any that my consultant has left when I go next week! Bad decision! They should in off the the chocolate chewy bar. That is disgusting!

I love the sound of the chocolate orange ones but wasnt allowed any as i am in week one, i bet they are all gone by the time i can have them.

Blimey i was up at the loo a lot in the night! Then i was up at 6 for the day, despite having nothing to get up for so i might go for an early swim.

Its weird, when i went to bed i was hungry, my stomach was rumbling (which i dont actually mind, it makes me imagine my body spending the night eating up its own fat while I am asleep) but this morning its gone, i dont want anything yet other than decaf coffee. Am I right that the decaf counts towards my total liquid intake?

Froggylegs that defo sounds like ketosis to me! Well done! I'm confused as I wasn't told I couldn't have bars in first week? Wonder if my loss would have been bigger??

Well done! I'm confused as I wasn't told I couldn't have bars in first week? Wonder if my loss would have been bigger??
The reason (or so I've always been told) we're not supposed to have bars in the first two weeks is because they are essentially "eating", and the act of chewing can make you hungrier. They recommended the shakes for the sake of your mentality, and to make it easier on you. The bars do have a slightly higher carb content (except the lemon one) but that's unlikely to have affected your loss very much.

Froggylegs that defo sounds like ketosis to me! Well done! I'm confused as I wasn't told I couldn't have bars in first week? Wonder if my loss would have been bigger??

ooh should i do the wee test today then?

It most certainly does!

Phew, thanks.

Zenlad my CDC said i could only have the lemon bars for the first two weeks because of the content, no idea if this is right or nonot ooh i had a lovely swim but blimey, i could hardly walk down the steps to the car park afterwards

I tested for ketosis with one of the little strips. It only changed to the next colour along, the pale peachy pink one, what does that mean?

If it gets too dark your not drinking enough and are in fact dehydrated! What's the number that your colour is at??

I've never used ketostix so can't help you, but if you're feeling energised and no longer hungry, I'd say you're definitely there!

I did another test this morning and it didnt change at all :confused: but i have stuck to it absolutely 100% so i will try not to panic :eek:

My consultant specifically warned me off those sticks because they're not 100% reliable and people can get too concerned with them. I'd say that, after 5/6 days without food, you must be there. Trust in your own instinct and don't worry about the colours. My friend Rob got a positive pregnancy test once... what does that say?! ;)

My consultant specifically warned me off those sticks because they're not 100% reliable and people can get too concerned with them. I'd say that, after 5/6 days without food, you must be there. Trust in your own instinct and don't worry about the colours. My friend Rob got a positive pregnancy test once... what does that say?! ;)

:D Well that made me chuckle! I am sure i must be there so i will stop panicking. Its first week nerves!

Hi,

your in exactly same boat as me. I holiday in 24 days and have stone to shift. Do day one tomorrow....aiming for 9 pounds but ambitious me thinks. If I can get 9 genuine pounds off I will be thrilled.

good luck....yes shakes are better.

Lx

Ooh I just booked a flight today, i have a pal lives in Lanzarote so as long as I can find the flight dosh i am sorted! I would like to be down a stone and a half by then (27th August) but i don't know if that is realistic or not :confused:

Back