1st day so far so good but found these any good?

jezzebell

Hi all, 1st day of attack and so far just been grazing, usually do do this as not at work today.

Ive had:
vanilla yoghurt (muller light)
couple of slices of ham
home made indivudal pastry free quiche (yummy)
toffee yoghurt (muller light)

Tea will be chicken curry

Not had any oat bran as i cant get any! tesco have sold out and holland and barret are shut today, will get some tomorrow.

I have found some sugar free carb free syrups would they be ok?

ingredients are:
water,blueberry juice and other natural flavours,citric acid,cellulose gum,sucralose(splenda brand),sodium benzoate(preservative),red 40,blue1.

thats a blueberry flavoured one.

the website is: Syrups | Sugar Free Megastore

what do you think? wanting them for coffee and maybe as a dessert topping?

Welcome to your 1st day!! I wish all the best over the next few days/weeks/months! It can be a bit tough during carb detox (I felt like crap, but at least I didn't want to eat anything. :))

Can't wait to see the responses on the syrup - could def use those in my muffins! The yogurt flavouring just isn't enough of a kick. These syrups would do just the trick!

Hola, it is my first day too and I feel Im doing terrible! Didnt eat anything til about an hour ago because I had to go shopping for everything,and then I was STARVING walking around tesco, then I bought the wrong oats and was so hungry that I tried to make galette with it anyway, and it was gross because it was an egg consistency and I hate eggs, and then I ate some slices of ham because I was still hungry and I am sitting here now wondering how I can possibly just have chicken or salmon for dinner with nothing on the side!

One of the things I did on Attack was try to make my evening meals actual meals... putting a few meats in a soup helped me. I also used to experiment making sauces (you can use up to a teaspoon of cornflour which thickens slightly). I did a lot of fish dishes (monkfish wrapped in turkey ham) with like a prawn sauce over it. And then I served in big bowls (still do!) to make it feel substantial.

Try to be positive ladies - the 1st few days are learning/adjustment days, but I promise... IT GETS SO MUCH EASIER! You just need to find your own groove and what works for you. Also, be sure to mix it up - as much as I love cottage cheese, I shudder at the thought of another chicken breast with side of cottage cheese for lunch!! :)

You'll get there - just keep with it and be positive... most importantly - don't give up. You control this diet - not the other way around!

Yep, keep at it. My first day was rubbish. I just didn't plan it properly and thought I wasn't going to be able to do the diet. But I lost 2lb and got myself organised for the second day and began to see how it could really work (despite getting a headache). It does get easier - so much easier! It's amazing how quickly the body forgets it wants carbs.

Jezzebell, once you get the oatbran in and can add it to your yogs, it'll make all the difference.

senorita the 'things' on the side of a meal are bothering me a bit to! the plan was chicken curry and galette but no oat bran no galette! so not sure what we will have with it now!

soshbfly..i dont like fish or shellfish except tinned tuna or some cod so plan on having those two. My o/h LOVES fish so he's ok.

We are BIG snackers so ive cooked some drumsticks and have some more mini quiches for later.

Im also going to make the cheesecake for after tea.

ive had a headache already today no doubt due to no sugar ive a MASSIVE sweet tooth hence the 2 yoghurts already, im trying to fool my brain lol

Yep, keep at it. My first day was rubbish. I just didn't plan it properly and thought I wasn't going to be able to do the diet. But I lost 2lb and got myself organised for the second day and began to see how it could really work (despite getting a headache). It does get easier - so much easier! It's amazing how quickly the body forgets it wants carbs.

Jezzebell, once you get the oatbran in and can add it to your yogs, it'll make all the difference.

Im hoping so!

You quite quickly get used to not having 'things' on the side, but yes it's hard the first couple of days. Hopefully your body will adjust quite quickly - I found that by the time I got to Cruise I wasn't too bothered one way or another about veg. But a few days into Cruise and I now see veg on my PV days as a massive treat :)

i was wondering about fish too- im assuming this cannot be breaded or battered for obvious reasons? I love breaded fish :( i bought the muller cheesecake yoghurts so i hope they were fine- they were BOGOF!

oh no! apparently the muller yoghurts i bought have 16.5g of carbs in them- does that mean I cant eat them?

were they the muller light ones from tesco? the vanilla and toffee ones are fine ( i bought those) the fruit flavour ones you are limited to 2 a day and only if you must! Mine were bogof to so they're probably the same ones

theyre the strawberry and new york cheescake ones. i will eat them anyway- a girl has got to have some small pleasure!making chicken now- feel quite distraught that i will be eating it on its own-seems so unnatural lol!!

well tea was a bit of a disaster! lol the chicken curry was nice enough but i didnt make enough so we ended up with a tapas style tea! some chicken curry a 2 egg omelette between us, a chicken leg and i had some cottage cheese and steve had some roasted slices of beef he made earlier. The cheesecake we were going to have later needs 12 hours to set so thats now for tomorrow.

im early to bed tonight as i have to get up at 5:40 for work (after 2 weeks off :sigh:) so won't be snacking on much else, maybe a yoghurt.

We did go on a 40 minute walk today and have drunk pretty much the amount we were supposed to so not too bad a first day!

I had two chicken breasts, and am struggling to drink enough, as I barely remember to drink on a daily basis, but I am doing my very best to meet the quota!! So today I have eaten... a terrible galette,a few slices of ham, and two chicken breasts. will have a yoghurt later. Hmmm. Undecided.

Chicken doesn't have to be boring. I made some piri piri chicken bites (named them
Myself) cut up two chicken breasts into small pieces and added a piri piri mix. I bought one from morrisons, it's like a dry mix thing (checked cals, fat and carbs - really low) or you can make your own. Then covered them in some oatbran to get them crispy and cooked for twenty mins. Lovely for lunch! There are loads of things you can make, like tandoori chicken but with no fat natural yoghurt to make it.

I often buy pre packed deli chicken like Tika flavour as the carbs, fat and cals are really low. Or make chicken into an omelete. There is so much to do! Trust me you will be experimenting in the kitchen in no time!

I struggled on my first day but now I love it! Turning into a right Gordon Ramsay and feel so much healthier! Stick with it, the quick weight loss is very motivational :). X

theyre the strawberry and new york cheescake ones. i will eat them anyway- a girl has got to have some small pleasure!making chicken now- feel quite distraught that i will be eating it on its own-seems so unnatural lol!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those cheesecake ones are definitely not Dukan-friendly. If you haven't already eaten them, I'd avoid them, if I were you.

Ladies - I presume you've all read the book? I'm sorry to read that some of you have been using cornflour on ATTACK - that is NOT ok so the cheesecake recipe is from CRUISE only (and really only once you're well on your way and happy with your weight loss).

The "tolerated" foods are really to help out when you've been at it for a while, boredom might be setting in, or an awkward dinner invitation you need something sweet at the end of to get you through.

Normally, before starting the diet, we'd advise you to at least read the first two phases of the diet to get the gist; get the foods required for your first few days' menus. Reading about not having found oatbran yet having started anyway with the wrong yoghurts too isn't giving your body a chance with this diet.

The first (couple of) time(s) of this diet is such a shock for the body, if done properly, that the weight loss is astounding. Each slip up, however, costs valuable days' loss and motivation can waiver if the loss isn't as fast as you would like.

Please keep away from "low carb syrups". Of course you're free to amend the Dukan diet as you please, but give yourself (and other new people who might follow you) the best chance possible.

Protein... chicken, fish, prawns, lean beef, turkey. Packaged turkey and chicken ham can help out in a crisis but don't make them a regular daily meal as they're full of salt and preservatives and won't help your weight loss long term. Experiment with your own marinades, using FAT FREE fromage frais, quark, and herbs and spices (careful with the mixed ones... they're usually NOT Dukan friendly).

And POST YOUR MENUS in the menu thread... people who've been around the diet a while will advise you, rather than fellow new people telling you what they're doing. Not always the best idea...

Ask before eating! As Dukan says, if it's not on the allowed list, presume it's NOT allowed...

In relation to the mixes I usually make my own but I did find one in morrisons that was fine, I checked all of the ingrediants and nutritional information. I know what you mean though I picked up one when I first started and it wasn't til I was using itthat I realised it included bread crumbs and other nastys! So am now a lot more careful and tend to do it myself.

And sorry about the recipe posting, still getting used to this site!

Back