1st day!

kekule

Hi everyone, my first day today after signing up via the ***** deal. Although I did get down to 10st5 a few years ago on WW, I'm now at 16st6.5 with 4 stone of that gained in the last year or so after illness :-(

So far had the porridge - way too runny but then found the tips on here about longer cooking so will try that next time, and chocolate shake. Also had my first saboteur moment from my own mother, (who I had explained to what I was going to do and why before the order arrived) - offering me a jam doughnut right after my lunchtime shake??! I genuinely don't think she meant anything by it, she was must being polite as *she* wanted a doughnut, but still...!!!

Just about to try the carbonara tonight, hope its ok as there's a ton of them in my selection!

Doing a mix of Total and Working solution so I can keep up my routine of eating with colleagues in the week and not face too many questions about it all!!!

Day 1 for me too. I'm doing total solution ( shakes only) but like you I may have to have occasional meal coz not up for interrogations. Setting my self 4 week goal, would love to lose 2 stone but any loss would be good. I've been carrying " baby weight" around for 4 years now. Summer coming and I've had enough. I'll keep u posted. Reading all the posts is truly motivating. Glad I found the site :))

I am sitting in the house waiting for my first pack to arrive, I have around three stone to lose and tbh I am absolutely terrified after reading all the stuff about getting into ketosis but in saying that , nothing ventured , nothing gained.....or lost in my case. I have a plan of sorts, this is going to involve lots of self help talks and reading of success stories. It has been said that focusing on the positive image is the way to achieve so I am going to be thinking of a happy content slim me. Good luck folks !!

Good luck to all of you!! Once you hit ketosis it's pretty plain sailing for there =)

Honestly there is nothing to be scared of, everyone had a different build up to ketosis ofcourse but it wasn't too bad for me!

Welcome to all and good luck!

@joyfull

Don't be too worried about the transition into ketosis. If you feel a bit off for a couple days and maybe headachey, it's only very temporary and think how quickly you will lose weight after that. Also, having done low carbing a few times in the past and gone through the process of getting into ketosis before, I looked at it as a bit of a detox for the system.

After all the wrong foods and/or too much of the good stuff I have been giving my poor body to get to this state, this is only a mild way of it saying: it's enough now, I'm adjusting, getting ready to lose weight. Try and see it as something positive rather than something to be terrified of. You're doing something good for yourself. It's like aching after exercise when you first take it up. You'll push through it and forget it ever happened. :)

Thanks guys, and hello to the other new starters too.

Well, end of day 2 and so far so good with the shakes, but still not got the hang of the carbonara, even soaking for 5 min before microwaving hasn't entirely helped - it needed about 4 min in total to cook the pasta, it wasn't even properly cooked but the sauce was starting to skin over?? Any ideas?!

I just let mine skin over and keep stirring it up constantly!

Hello and good luck to everyone who has started or is about to start this week! This site is fab for motivation and support xxxx

Hello and good luck to everyone who has started or is about to start this week! This site is fab for motivation and support xxxx

Day 5 now and so far so good, not felt too hungry and have resisted all temptation of biscuits, crisps, cake that have been abundant at work... Roll on Sunday to find out the scores on the doors...

Well, my packs only arrived yesterday. I was expecting them on Monday. Hey ho. Here we go. Have been low carb since Monday hoping to prepare myself. Big party on 15th june. Hope to be considerably lighter! How are all the new starters this week doing?? Am pretty nearly addicted to this site. Great to know you all are out there!

My packs arrived today but I had two packs left from LL, so them and a couple of low carb meals and I feel I'm into the swing of things already - not even hungry! Will have my first pack later and hopefully they'll taste ok.

Newme22 I have a big event on the 15th June and that's my target date for being considerably lighter too. I'm totally addicted to this site too, checking it all the time for new posts. I think we'll see a lot of each other on here and having the same date in mind we can keep encouraging each other :)

Started on Wednesday and as you can see from my previous post I was quite apprehensive, well all I can say is thank you body for not giving me any grief . I bought some ketostix from the chemist the other day as this is the first time I have really heard of ketosis and wouldn't have any idea of signs to look for. Used them yesterday afternoon and its pink a proper pink no mistake so I am guessing thats a positive sign. I love reading the posts on here and find them very motivational.

Lol are you two going to the same event??? Lol it'll be war over who is the skinniest =P

Back