1st December Challenge

Oh no Dis, just noticed from your siggy that you've been ill... with whatever the kids had, I guess? That's rotten, hope you are feeling better soon.

xxx

Thanks Katy, yes l must have got virus my daughter had. I'm feeling a bit better at the moment, tummy seems to have settled, thank goodness!

Hope you don't mind me joining so late, been fancying a challenge and only just found this one. Just moved up to 810 this week and still got some to lose. Initial CD goal is 10st, but no doubt subject to change! So that'll be my Dec goal - 7lb to go.

Pledges
Herewego - 3lbs
Laura - 6 weeks of healthy eating
LizzMB - 14lbs (EEK!) -2lbs = 12lbs to go! :D
Wales - 10lbs - 4lbs down
Watergirl - 20lbs (double EEK!) 8lbs down, 12 to go :)
Katycakes - 7lbs (to take me back under 11st)
Bess -7lbs about -to be back under 12st.
Sunshine Singer - to be at goal of 8st 11lbs
Chelsea Lou - 11lbs and to be at goal of 10 stones.
Kernowmum - 8lbs to BMI of under 25
Hayley 22 - Get to 11st (or as close as)
Greeneyes11 - 7lb (get to 9stone 10lb)
DisneyParis - 7lbs (get to 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8)

butterfly - 7lb to get to goal of 10st.

Oohhhhhh right, must remember to come on here and get motivated. Can' wait to get to goal but doing 1000 so it'll takr time but as long as the numbers go down that's all that matters. Have a great Sunday lovely people xxx

Just adding my updates in, first update dropped off somehow & have a teeny bit more to add. Fingers crossed I can break the 11st again by Dec 1st...

Pledges
Herewego - 3lbs
LizzMB - 14lbs (EEK!) -2lbs = 12lbs to go!
Watergirl - 20lbs (double EEK!) 8lbs down, 12 to go
Katycakes - 7lbs - start 11st 6, now 11st 2, 3lbs to go.
DisneyParis - 7lbs (get to 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8)

xxx

Well done Katy.

Well done Katy and to all the others who have lost weight. I am 2 lbs down but more through ill-health than sticking to a diet :cry:I spent 4 hours in the A & E last night, I thought I was going to die I was in so much pain. Looks like I have gallstones and have been told to stick to a low fat/fat free diet for a couple of months for the inflammation to die down before they can operate!!!

Hopefully there will be an upside to this, I will get to target AND there is no way I can eat chocolate now :D

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday. Come on the Chels!!! Stuff Man U :D:D

Big hug for Chels... that's awful hun. I know it really, really hurts, Gallstones... but at least it can be fixed. Keep smiling, 'cos you really can get to target... hope you're feeling better soon.

xxx

Well done Katy and to all the others who have lost weight. I am 2 lbs down but more through ill-health than sticking to a diet :cry:I spent 4 hours in the A & E last night, I thought I was going to die I was in so much pain. Looks like I have gallstones and have been told to stick to a low fat/fat free diet for a couple of months for the inflammation to die down before they can operate!!!

Hope you are feeling a lot better today. When l was on holiday l had to get an ambulance called out as l was in so much pain, the paramedics thought it could be gallstones. The pain was horrendous. Didn't have another flare up until a couple of weeks ago, l'm now going for a scan at the hospital in 9 days time.
I don't know if gallstone/gallbladder problems are more common in people who have lost weight, maybe not, but my Mum had to have a gallbladder operation 3 months after she lost weight, maybe it was just a coincidence!

Last edited:
1lb loss for me

Pledges
Herewego - 3lbs
DisneyParis - 7lbs (get to 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8) - 1 lb lost

Hope you are feeling a lot better today. When l was on holiday l had to get an ambulance called out as l was in so much pain, the paramedics thought it could be gallstones. The pain was horrendous. Didn't have another flare up until a couple of weeks ago, l'm now going for a scan at the hospital in 9 days time.
I don't know if gallstone/gallbladder problems are more common in people who have lost weight, maybe not, but my Mum had to have a gallbladder operation 3 months after she lost weight, maybe it was just a coincidence!

Aw honey, good luck with the scan. I have since read that doing VLCD's can cause the problem as bile isn't used by the liver to process fats and sits in the gallbladder and can form stones. So there is a link with rapid weight loss. Jess' (Mrs Lampard) boyfriend did some research when he first knew she was doing CD and that was one of the things he was concerned about, although he didnt mention it to me. I hope you are feeling better soon xxx

Aw honey, good luck with the scan. I have since read that doing VLCD's can cause the problem as bile isn't used by the liver to process fats and sits in the gallbladder and can form stones. So there is a link with rapid weight loss. Jess' (Mrs Lampard) boyfriend did some research when he first knew she was doing CD and that was one of the things he was concerned about, although he didnt mention it to me. I hope you are feeling better soon xxx

Yikes. Glad l didn't know this pre-CD, would have probably put me off. So glad to have lost the weight though. Hoping if the scan does show the problem is gallstones that they can give me some sort of non-surgical treatment :confused:

Pledges
Herewego - 3lbs
DisneyParis - 7lbs (get to 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8) - 1 lb lost

Pledges
Herewego - 3lbs
DisneyParis - 7lbs (get to 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8) - 3 lb lost

Forgot to post, on Wednesday...only 1lb but a loss is a loss, so ok with me.

Pledges
Herewego - 3lbs
DisneyParis - 7lbs (get to 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8) - 3 lb lost
butterfly - 7lb to get to goal of 10st. -1lb

Back