1st month challenge

hypno1

Hi everyone,

I started xenical on Mon and would like to lose 12lb in my first month (just as it's my first month, know it will slow down after that).

I have a total of at least 5 1/2 stone to lose but really hoping to lose closer to 6 /12 stone so really need to break everything down to smaller goals or else it will all seem so far away!

Hypno1 - 12lb -

Hiya hypno Im aiming got 6lb this month, starting low so I dont dissapoint myself! :) Good luck with your 12lb x

It's the starting that's the hardest thing.. Before you know it your starting weight will be just a distant memory!! ... :mad:)

Thanks both of you! I've had a rough time weight wise the last few years, in the last 4 1/2yrs i've spent half of it pregnant and the other half battling my weight but never winning and never really feeling like I could but something has just clicked all of a sudden and I feel ready to do this, like I can do it. I've had the pills sitting in my cupboard since July but it only dawned on me last weekend that I can do this.

What do you dowhen you fancy something sweet or as a treat though? I'm fed up of yoghurt already lol! The only thing im missing so far is crisps because I was addicted to them and was eating ridiculous amounts of them, sometimes 6 packs a day!

hypno1 said:
Thanks both of you! I've had a rough time weight wise the last few years, in the last 4 1/2yrs i've spent half of it pregnant and the other half battling my weight but never winning and never really feeling like I could but something has just clicked all of a sudden and I feel ready to do this, like I can do it. I've had the pills sitting in my cupboard since July but it only dawned on me last weekend that I can do this.

What do you dowhen you fancy something sweet or as a treat though? I'm fed up of yoghurt already lol! The only thing im missing so far is crisps because I was addicted to them and was eating ridiculous amounts of them, sometimes 6 packs a day!

Lol... Question is, are you read to start this diet?? If you are then all them high fat treats need to be put on the back boiler!!
Easier said than done I know, but if you want to loose weight it's easy... You already know the answers your looking for!..
God knows there's a billion people wanting an easy fix, but far as I know here ain't one!! Damn shame n all.. X

Ooo I missed a tablet today, I was out in town with the littleun and forgot to take it with me. hope it wont make that much difference in the grand scheme of things?
on a plus note, I walked into Burger King today and purchased a childrens meal, sat and watched my daughter eat it and then we went to the supermarket where I purchased a healthy chicken salad sandwich.. :D :D

Well done! Great strength of will power

hobnobsmummy said:
Ooo I missed a tablet today, I was out in town with the littleun and forgot to take it with me. hope it wont make that much difference in the grand scheme of things?
on a plus note, I walked into Burger King today and purchased a childrens meal, sat and watched my daughter eat it and then we went to the supermarket where I purchased a healthy chicken salad sandwich.. :D :D

Really feels like you've accomplished some thing when that happens! I've managed it many times now, and have also weakened just as many times.. Lol x
I'm under the impression that xen stays in ya system a wile so if your a little late popping one your still covered to some extent!!
..... Well that's what I've read some ware!..
Your doing famously sugar! Just remember dropping off the wagon is no big deal, long as you climb back on a.s.a.p and never let a bad day spill over to the next day,,, that was a killer for me,and wouldn't want you to experience that!!.. X

I'm not after a quick fix at all, was just saying im fed up of yoghurt and was looking for suggestions of something else lol

I'm trying to eat fruit, luckily I don't have a sweet tooth, it's savouries with me. I hope you find something!!! I'm hoping for 8lbs in my first 4 weeks x

You make some potato crisp, thinly slice some potato, spray with fry light, toss with some mixed herbs or chilli flakes, whack in the oven and voilla....lovely crisps, you can do the same with carrots too :)

You can have WW chocolate mousse and other puddings, you just need to check the labels. You can have Ben and Jerry's cherry garcia flavoured frozen yoghurt, just not to much of it. Asda do an extra special lemon frozen yoghurt, equally nice. Del Monet to a smoothie lolly which is lovely. You can have jelly.

There are plenty of alternatives, that fit the rules, you just gotta look at the labels. Have a wonder around your supermarket and see what you like.

Asda do some lovely good for you cake slices, and the WW carrot cake slices are nice.

You just have to be prepared for the emotional connection you'll get and the rush of the sugar when you eat it..it will leave you wanting more and it could turn into a binge, only you know if you can stop at one...if you feel you can't the don't do it :)

Last edited:
Mmmmm crisps, I am trying not to think about them. Was just looking at my friends bag of walkers & in 25g bag there is 8.3g of fat, it's awful cos I'd have thought nothing of eating a 6 pack

I made some beetroot crisps tonight and they were actually really nice, shame about the ones I burnt tho...

Hi bunny - thinkly crisps!?!?

You're inventing new words again! :) is that a medium crisp?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi bunny - thinkly crisps!?!?

You're inventing new words again! :) is that a medium crisp?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL! Kat...it's my nails, sometimes they catch the keys and I type quite quick too. They could do with a bit of file :)

Last edited:
Just started on the pills again! Took them last year b4 I had an op and they worked great! Fingers crossed that they work as well last time!
I would like to loose 10lbs in a month. So here goes!!!!!!!

Thanks x

i have a sweet tooth too.. ive been eating different fruits that i wouldnt normally and hariobo jellys.. also had a ww toffee apple crumble pudding with low fat custard, other than that its been jelly...

Back