1st of July Challenge

I have some soups in, 2 peppers, some spring onions, some normal onions. I have a cupboard full of spices, I could grab some eggs, I'm consider hash browns tomorrow, with bacon. Are ham, spam, luncheon meat HEX? I'll have to look. Beans, tomatoes, spaghetti (the dried stuff), bit of l/f yog. When we get like this, we go off the rails, but I really wanna stay on this time. I'm having sausages and mash at my friends tonight (she should be getting Morrisons ones, or some other low syns ones), hash browns and bacon tomorrow. Potato and rice quiche wednesday. Thursday.... erm, I'll rustle something up.

Well done kymsey! That is a great loss :D

Hey evanesco -

I don't think spam & luncheon meat are HE's as they have quite a high fat content.

Do stay on track, I'm sure you can rustle up some SW friendly meals and you'll feel great that you stayed in control :) Good luck.

Hi Kymsey... well done on losing that 3lbs and what a fantastic first WI fo the challenge :happy096: any secrets you'd like to share?! I've updated the spreadsheet with your fantastic loss. Also added another columb so we can see how many pesky lb's are left to our target!

Evenesco - have you looked at the Slimming World site? They do a weeks menu for a student which is only £20 for the week. I'm going to do this one the week after next (tomorrow is payday and we've had no money all week so it sure isn't going to happen this week!)

Last edited:
So its 10 weeks to 1st july on wed(29th, so do we start recording our losses from then? x

We can start recording losses from today... that way the challenge will really end when the last person WI's on Friday 3rd July.

Thanks for your wonderful support RM07, it's that sort of response that keeps us all going. As for any tips....... I eat a lot of free food and try to stick to it! Eggs are a good one for me and plenty of wholemeal pasta and rice are another ( You can see I like Green Days, however, I try to do 4 green, 1 red and a couple of EE so lets see how it goes............ thanks again love for this thread.........:hug99:xx

Thanks for your wonderful support RM07, it's that sort of response that keeps us all going.
:eek: you're too kind!

I need to get my head around wholemeal pasta and rice! My little boy has them as I know they are better for him... but I just love my white pasta/rice too much! Need to make the switch though!

I love green days too... in fact everyday starts off green but depending on what I grab for lunch (and what I've had already) it can turn into a red or EE day! I don't plan for the week.

Evenesco - have you looked at the Slimming World site? They do a weeks menu for a student which is only £20 for the week. I'm going to do this one the week after next (tomorrow is payday and we've had no money all week so it sure isn't going to happen this week!)

Thanks RM, I'll check it out later.

I lost 4lbs this week so that's my gain from last week gone and never to be seen again!!!

Ohhhh just look at that positive attitude!! Well done hun... :party0011: that is an amazing loss especially after the previous week and AF being so mean to you!

Hi ladies

back today...day 1 headache looming but yep 1st July will soon be here!

I will pledge 3lb per week so 30lbs. Making me just under 12st...hopefully it'll be a bit more with week 1s weigh in showing a hefty loss!!!

Thanks and best wishes to all who are challenging themselves.

Lets make it a slimmer summer 09!

Back