1st wedding anniversay

daisydoll

Gold Member
well this time last year i was just about to get married - the weather was glorious

i wish it was this time last year! it really was the best day of my life (alongside the 3 days i had my kids, which was obviously amazing, but painful!)

i have just been looking at my wedding pics (there are some in my profile album on here)
i was really happy with how i looked on the day, but it just crossed my mind what sort of dress i would have worn if it had been this year i'd have got married - probably completely different?

I'm off to bristol tomorrow to celebrate with my hubby - got a really nice hotel and plan to have a great time!
daisy x

Many happy returns of the day Daisy, congratulations and many many more to come, may you guys both have a wonderful happy married life together. Have a gr8 time in Bristol....:)

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary. I bet it doesn't even seem that long!!

You look absolutely gorgeous in your photo's. At least you are still happy with the way you looked. I bet some people hate their wedding photo's and wish they'd've done LL a lot sooner.

Hope you haver a grea time in Bristol. You deserve it x x

Congratulations, I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

Congrats, my first anniversary is october, hoping to do something special too.

well this time last year i was just about to get married - the weather was glorious

i wish it was this time last year! it really was the best day of my life (alongside the 3 days i had my kids, which was obviously amazing, but painful!)

i have just been looking at my wedding pics (there are some in my profile album on here)
i was really happy with how i looked on the day, but it just crossed my mind what sort of dress i would have worn if it had been this year i'd have got married - probably completely different?

I'm off to bristol tomorrow to celebrate with my hubby - got a really nice hotel and plan to have a great time!
daisy x

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Daisy!!!

I often have a giggle about my wedding dress Daisy....it was beautiful.

But - I bet we here at MMs are the one who say, "I sure hope my wedding dress DOES NOT fit me in 10 years!!!" :D :D :D

Hopeyou are having a wonderful time celebrating!!

xx

Congratulations, hope you have had a fabulous time!

Kat xx

Hi Daisy, I hope you come back to this thread and tell us how your Anniversary was. Hope it was fabulous. :)

hi there
we had a lovely time - the hotel was nice, boutique style overlooking the water with big full length sliding windows so we could lie on the bed in the 'open air'
best thing was it had a tv in the bathroom tiles so i had a lovely bubbly bath whilst watching telly - bliss, i could have spent all night in there, but my husband forced me out to get drunk!

actually i didn't get drunk but had a couple (which is allowed as i am week 8 RTM) i won't go into food details on here but i have in the RTM section of the forum)

we did some shopping - got 3 size 8 tops which was great, did lots of walking, tried to go to the banksy exhibition but there was a 3.5 hours queue and as it was raining we thought we'd give it a miss!

so had a great time, was nice to feel 'normal' and slim, fab to just be able to pick up clothes to wear in shops without trying tons of stuff on and great to know what i was wearing at night without having to go through all my clothes in the wardrobe and hating them all.

i actually just packed one outfit to wear at night. before i would have had to have taken several plus various underwear to see what i felt ok in on the night - this time i just took my dress which i know is great!

daisy x

Congratulations Daisy

Sounds like you had a super time in Bristol.
How lovely to feel "normal" and know you look good. Your husband must be very proud.
:love047:

great to know what i was wearing at night without having to go through all my clothes in the wardrobe and hating them all.

i actually just packed one outfit to wear at night. before i would have had to have taken several plus various underwear to see what i felt ok in on the night - this time i just took my dress which i know is great!

daisy x

Oh Daisy - that comment really hits home with me!

I take loads of stuff away when I have an event to attend as I have to try on loads of stuff to see what combination I feel best in 'on the night'. It brought a tear to my eye that there may be hope I might be able to feel fab in any outfit and just take the one outfit away that is most appropriate to the event. Thank you so much. xx

But - I bet we here at MMs are the one who say, "I sure hope my wedding dress DOES NOT fit me in 10 years!!!" :D :D :D
xx

LOL BL. I got married 11 years ago in a trouser suit that was made for me - I hated the idea of a big white dress as I wanted to hide my 15+ stone body rather than flaunt it in a strappy white dress. It would be very different today I think :D.

I actually wore my wedding trousers at my sisters wedding in May as I just couldn't find an outfit I wanted at a price I was prepared to pay for a one-off wearing. The trousers were a bit big, which was nice, but the lacey blouse and jacket were just enormous on me so I did buy a new top. I know I will never wear that outfit again now though :D:D.

and the best thing t_i was i didn't even need to try it on at home before i packed it either.
just packing for a week away now and its a doddle - it used to take the best part of a day trying stuff on, i now pack for me the same way i pack for the kids and as my husband does - open a suitcase and fill with clothes - they all fit they all look good.

i never want to go back to having sizes 12-20 in my wardrobe - never knowing if something is too big or too small that week

you will get there hun - (and i am determined to stay there!)
daisy x

I am so determined to get there! Thanks Daisy. You are very inspiring.

Back