1st week in

no1gran

Well 1st week in and i have lost 3lbs :cry: I really thought i would have lost more than that, as i have really been good,and not had anything that I'm not supposed too. Has anyone else lost a few pounds in there 1st few weeks of starting and thought they would have lost more, it's so disheartening after all that effort i have done to watch what i have ate :sigh:
Don't have the doctors till 20th Sep so i do hope i have lost a bit bye then.

3lb's is a great start well done. Everyone's different with how much they lose to start with, this is a long-term way of eating so take great satisfaction that 3lbs have gone and next week there'll be some more.

How did you get on at the fostering course?

3lbs is a great loss!

It's so frustrating hearing people being disheartened by such a good number!

If I lost 3lbs would you tell me that I should feel rubbish?! No prob not!

Embrace every loss - everytime the scale drops appreciate and congratulate yourself!

A loss is a loss no matter how big or small!! Xx

3lb's is a great start well done. Every one's different with how much they lose to start with, this is a long-term way of eating so take great satisfaction that 3lbs have gone and next week there'll be some more.

How did you get on at the fostering course?

Its was very tiring, but interesting, we have another training day this Saturday.

I was so pleased with my self, i stayed clear of all the fried things at the buffet they put out for us, and the chocolate cake :D, i had a chicken wrap and a ham wrap and both were only half of each,the other day i just had a ham sandwich.

Yeah i know what you are saying, i should be pleased.
I have actually put my calorie in take up to 1600 as i was only eating 1200, so don't know if that had anything to do with it, doubt it though.

How are you getting on ? x

3lbs is a great loss!

It's so frustrating hearing people being disheartened by such a good number!

If I lost 3lbs would you tell me that I should feel rubbish?! No prob not!

Embrace every loss - everytime the scale drops appreciate and congratulate yourself!

A loss is a loss no matter how big or small!! Xx

You know are so wright,I just thought with all the haed work I put in on watching what i was eating and how much I was eating,it would have been a better loos. I might not weigh myself, and try and wait till I go back to the doctors. I go back on the 20th Sep.

To loose a single pound you have to not eat or burn 3500 cals!! Come on times that by 3!!!! Xx

Its was very tiring, but interesting, we have another training day this Saturday.

I was so pleased with my self, i stayed clear of all the fried things at the buffet they put out for us, and the chocolate cake :D, i had a chicken wrap and a ham wrap and both were only half of each,the other day i just had a ham sandwich.

Yeah i know what you are saying, i should be pleased.
I have actually put my calorie in take up to 1600 as i was only eating 1200, so don't know if that had anything to do with it, doubt it though.

How are you getting on ? x

Well done with the buffet, it's so hard to choose what to eat when out and about. I find having some bitesize shredded wheat with me helps as they're really filling if you eat them dry then have a drink to help them swell in your tummy.

My first month was good and I was a bit disappointed with my loss this week, just under 3lbs but then I thought about it and realised how much it was still so am happy again. Have you done some measurements as well as sometimes your shape will change more than your weight.

The other frustrating thing is that your body was quite happy doing the exercise you did before committing to Xen so somehow it's finding time to do that little bit more or make yourself work that bit harder with what you do do - I'm not an expert here but it's something to bear in mind.

There's quite a lot more of me than you and I'm on 1,800 calories a day (and losing each week) some days I only eat 1,700 but I try not to go lower as I need to leave something to move down to when I'm lighter or if I have a plateaux. I actually find at some meals I take the longest, by the time I've eaten all my fruit and veg and everything else someone with a sandwich and a packet of crisps has long gone!

Breakfast: 60g high fruit museli either with milk or a muller light yoghurt and a banana.

Lunch: 4-6 celery sticks, c. 5 inches of cucumber (I know the sizes as they fit in my lunch box!), either 6 ryvita with marmite or extra light garlic & herb cheese spread OR cous cous, 40g dry shredded wheat and lots of fruit so 400g of strawberries or currently 5 plums as I can pick them off the tree outside the office.

I have with me either a packet of caramel snack-a-jacks, iced gems or ryvita minis all are c. 100 calories for if I'm desperate for another snack later in the afternoon but I have to have eaten everything else before I will let myself have one.

Dinner: varies but stirfry with no oil, veg and pasta in white sauce with breadcrumbs but no cheese (similiar to cauliflower or macaroni cheese), rice with veg & kidney beans mixed in with chilli spice added to heat it up, or rice, tuna and veg mixed with low-fat yoghurt, rice and daal, pasta with a little bit of the cheese spread, if I'm short of time the New Covent Garden 99 calories soups and cous-cous. If I'm low on my calories I will have a muller-rice to top up.

I've tried to choose things which I like and where I can easily cut back when my calories reduce i.e. smaller portion sizes, fewer lunchtime ryvita etc.

You hear about people who lose over 10lbs in their first week. Let me assure you, the bulk of this is NOT FAT. The vast majority of this is retained water and bowel waste (sorry). You just won't have retained as much water as some other people.

Its the weeks following week one you have to look at, because the losses those weeks are lbs of FAT lost, not water. So if you lose 3lbs next week, you know you have lost 3lbs of fat, which is a great achievement.

Don't fall into the trap of wanting 5 or 6 pounds lost every week. Your body doesn't work like that and won't unless you are exercising 6+ hours a day like on the biggest loser. Your health, skin and weightloss journey will be much better and more secure if you aim for around 2lbs loss a week. Also ensure you are eating enough. Eat too little and your body will panic and hold on to fat. Eat a sensible amount each day.

Remember the weight didn't pile on overnight. It came over time, and it will take time to lose it. The important thing is you keep going.

Thanks guys really appreciate all the advice, since I had my hysterectomy my weight has went up, and b4 starting Xenical it just stayed put regardless off what I did. I eat a well balanced diet of fruit veg and fibre and carbs. Recording everything on MFP to keep me on track. Also really going to stop weighing myself every day, going to do it every Tue morning :)

Well 1st week in and i have lost 3lbs :cry: I really thought i would have lost more than that, as i have really been good,and not had anything that I'm not supposed too. Has anyone else lost a few pounds in there 1st few weeks of starting and thought they would have lost more, it's so disheartening after all that effort i have done to watch what i have ate :sigh:
hiya,
same has happened to me on numerous occasions, on the weeks that ive been really "in the zone".. nothing significant has happened! and know just how you feel!!!!!
i know its hard but just keep pushing on.. if you look at my weekly weight loss its been in my opinion dismal..but im on the 8th week now and have managed 22lb. so i really think you should concentrate on the "bigger picture"
good luck sugar, im sure you will be on here in the weeks to come with a huge combined weight loss! ;)
sam.......x

Well did not lose a thing this wk, but not put on, so that's gd, didn't think I would put on as I'm only eating 1500 calories or sometimes I'm not eating that. Been sticking to what I should eat, as I don't want to be tangoed. Think it's down to that I'm a bit constipated, can't understand that as I'm eating my fruit and veg. Oh well just have to see what happens next week ?

no1gran said:
Well did not lose a thing this wk, but not put on, so that's gd, didn't think I would put on as I'm only eating 1500 calories or sometimes I'm not eating that. Been sticking to what I should eat, as I don't want to be tangoed. Think it's down to that I'm a bit constipated, can't understand that as I'm eating my fruit and veg. Oh well just have to see what happens next week ?

I was getting a bit constipated and feeling bloated.. I took some senakot tablets which helped short term.. But was still feeling it.. Found aloe Vera juice on the net and it really helps with both the bloating and constipation..

Might have to try that then, because Xenical should wrk.

i just wanted to jump in from a diff angle here , i lost 17 stone fast... now im 7 weeks after a tummytuck to sort the masses of loose skin i had...so slower the better 3lbs is still a lot for your body.. imagine holding 3lbs in ure hands..well done and cheer up its a great loss x

PiiNK_PuNkStarr x said:
i just wanted to jump in from a diff angle here , i lost 17 stone fast... now im 7 weeks after a tummytuck to sort the masses of loose skin i had...so slower the better 3lbs is still a lot for your body.. imagine holding 3lbs in ure hands..well done and cheer up its a great loss x

Didn't loose anything in my 2nd week, but have herd that sum 1 didn't loose anything for 2wks when she first started on Xenical . I'm hoping by Tue I will have lost at least 2lb like you have said a small amount is better than nothing, and yeah holding 3lb in ur hands is heavy. Being positive now as long as I loose a little it's better than nothing. 1lb 2lb 3lb it all counts and looking forward to wearing sumthin really nice for Xmas day.

Everyones body is different so everyones weightloss is also going to be different, i also agree with a little each week is best as its easier to keep off in the long run too x ive been on xen for 5 weeks now and lost 9lbs which works out about just under 2lbs a week which im happy with, if i loose 2lb a week i will be where i want to be by April. which suits me fine seems like a long time away but if im getting small loses each week at least its going down and not up x

try not to fret,
if you have a peek at my threads you will see that i was just the same! in fact on the best "most dedicated weeks" i were left disappointed!.. im sure the trick is not to obsess and do best you can!.. sure enough in no time at all you will be posting just like i did this morning!!!.. good luck and stick with it, remember your "happy days" are on the way!!!.. :)

Back