1st week

nattyk

Hi,

I am new :) I stared on Wed (joined SW class) and have 1st weight in this Wed...I have been good, doing EE and not eating many of my syns...but don't really feel like I have lost any weight!!! I know WI is not until Wed...but not sure - dont think it will be a big weight loss..even went to Bluewater yesterday to meet friends - and was SOOO good - had no cappucino's (unheard of for me) no krispy kreme dougnut....went for dinner at TGI - had no starter or dessert (everyone else did!!!) I had chicken with veg and salad (instead of cheese mash!!!) so have been very good...

Guess we will see on Wed, and have just realised have parents evening on Wed!!! typical, hope they finish on time - dont want to miss my first WI!!!

Nat
x

Hi Nat!

Sounds like you've had a really on-track week, which is brilliant. I hope you have a fab result at your WI on Wednesday.

I just wanted to comment on your syns. You said you've hardly used any of them...why not? They're there to be eaten and lots of people actually don't lose if they don't use their syns. Strange but true! If I were you, I'd make the most of them...especially at the start of your SW journey. Have your 15 per day, then if you stop losing at some point, you could cut back to say, 10 a day. But you may not need to!

Anyway. That aside, keep up the great work and let us know how you get on come Wednesday.

Hi Nat!

Sounds like you've had a really on-track week, which is brilliant. I hope you have a fab result at your WI on Wednesday.

I just wanted to comment on your syns. You said you've hardly used any of them...why not? They're there to be eaten and lots of people actually don't lose if they don't use their syns. Strange but true! If I were you, I'd make the most of them...especially at the start of your SW journey. Have your 15 per day, then if you stop losing at some point, you could cut back to say, 10 a day. But you may not need to!

Anyway. That aside, keep up the great work and let us know how you get on come Wednesday.

I think the reason I have not had many syns, is because I want to be strict with myself the 1st few weeks, as have just been eating what I want, and this week I have been trying to ask myself are you really hungry or just bored!!! but yes I know what you mean, as I guess they are there to be used...will see how I get on on Wed..

xx

Hellie beat me to it - you should eat your syns! xx

Hello, i started thursday, and im doing EE, i have found it brilliant, i have only ever done green or red, but the c said try it just for a week, its easy once you get your head around it, ive been happy eating the mix of meat and pasta ect, so roll on thursday for first weigh in, good luck to you as well, x

Remember syns dont have to be fatty or calorific as such (chocolate obviously). They could be used on a small skimmed milk cappucino from costa, it is only 2 syns. Theyre there to keep you sane remember. If you go from using 0 syns to 15 syns a day, yourll be adding another 250-300ish calories to your diet.

Last edited:
The thing with EE is you have to forget about any other programs you've been on. When you start eat everything! Trust me! The more you eat the more you lose! If you cut back on syns you won't lose as fast!

Back