1st Weigh In

ladyvegas

Silver Member
Had my 1st weigh in this morning and after sticking 100% to the plan I lost 1.5lbs :). I was a little disappointed I have to say as I was extremely disiplined with the plan. Leader wasn't great either - told me that I have 2 weeks now to lose 5.5lbs. She said that she would expect people to be able to lose 7lbs in 3 weeks.
Not that I am making excuses but any of the girls who know me know my medical history....but she said that I wasn't to use it as an excuse. Anyways onwards and downwards. ;)

no support

thats some way 2 show support,have 2 say i don t think a leader should b like that,can u try another class hopefully there s a different leader.U still had a loss so don t b 2 down on yourself,i lost 2.5 im my first week hoping 4 abit more next week,sometimes i find it works like that .Im with u on the medical thing,i take a drug called lyrica which increases ur appetite and slows ur metablism,but im determined 2 kick this weight in the butt

Thanks benjii - I was given that Lyrica too but decided against taking it. I'm on anti-biotics at the mo' for swine flu and am having chemo every 3 weeks plus having an under-active thyroid does not help.
It's the only class that is local for me - I will go back next week but if the attitude is the same I will be looking for a new one.
BTW congrats on the 2.5lbs loss. Brilliant.:D

i'd say go to a new leader,,i lost 1.5lbs this week too :) i'm quite happy with it as i moved straight from discover,,not everyone losses on the first week of it,,i know 2 girls that put up 2lbs following it to a t,,leader said out of 45 in her class night before 40 lost between 1-3lbs 3 sts and 2 put up weight!!

ladyvegas with all that uve got going on i think 1.5 loss is great.BTW even with the side effects lyrica has worked wonders 4 my leg pain

ladyvegas said:
Had my 1st weigh in this morning and after sticking 100% to the plan I lost 1.5lbs :). I was a little disappointed I have to say as I was extremely disiplined with the plan. Leader wasn't great either - told me that I have 2 weeks now to lose 5.5lbs. She said that she would expect people to be able to lose 7lbs in 3 weeks.
Not that I am making excuses but any of the girls who know me know my medical history....but she said that I wasn't to use it as an excuse. Anyways onwards and downwards. ;)

I think it's terrible what your leader said. Were not all the same and meds can affect our losses. Well done you on your loss. I would deffo consider another class if her attitude doesn't change too...I've never been told you have to lose a certain amount, it comes off as it comes off.... Keep up the good work..... My friend has lost 4 stone while on thyroxin, so don't let that put you off either.....xxx

The cheek of your leader, as if your not under enough stress with what you have going on.
I'm disgusted...truly disgusted! I'd report her!
My old leader says the you should only loose weight for yourself, not for anyone else.... And defiantly not for that wagon of a leader.

Move class to a leader who appreciates what you have going on, at least they are getting paid to encourage you rather than bully you to loose weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Firstly, WELL DONE on your loss. 1.5lbs is great, and considering WW say you should aim for 1-2 lbs a week, it's perfect!
Your leader sounds like a tool. 1.5lbs is great, she should be encouraging you not putting you down. You're NOT using your problems "as an excuse", you're still sticking to plan and going to meetings and losing, and let's be honest, most people going through everything you're going through wouldn't be doing any of that.
Ignore your leader and be proud of what you have achieved :)

Your leader sounds like a right idiot! What everyone here has said is all very true. 1 to 2 lb loss is perfect and losing anything is an achievement!

Congratulations on getting rid of 1.5 pounds - as for advice from your so called leader, well least said the bester there - know how your medical history is and to lose .5 or 1 or even 1.5 a week is still a great weight lose so you keep doing what your doing as it's working.

I'm ditto-ing everyone else - your WW leader should be offering you support, not putting you down..please celebrate your loss, you should be proud. I am on track to lose about 1-2lbs this week despite staying within my points allowances and doing 2 x swims and 1 x spin and I am a little disheartened (first time I did WW I lost 6lbs in my first week) but it seems to just be 1lb for me this week but we should be pleased with ourselves :D

Back