1st Weigh in

Ti@ra-M@ker

My official weight loss after 7 days is 8Ibs. I know I shouldn't be disappointed but I am a bit. I've been weighing myself every day (I think I needed to, to get me through the 1st week). Anyway I'd lost 8lbs 4 days ago!! I'm been racking my brains trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing 790 but weighing everything out and being strict with myself. Maybe I should have stuck to SS! I bought ketostix this morning just to check that I was in ketosis and I am - That means I'm burning fat - yeah?

I think this week I won't weigh myself at all and hopefully I'll have a pleasant surprise next Tuesday. After all you can't consume less than 800cals a day and not lose weight??

Sorry for being so negative. I thought when I started that if I lost half a stone the 1st week I'd be happy and I have, so I should give myself a kick up the backside!

Tiara, 8lbs is a fab weight loss. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's normally week 2 when you're body starts burning fat. Week 1 is usually water retention.

I made the mistake of weighing myself everyday. I've stopped that now though becasue my scales are quite a bit different to my consultant's.

Be happy with your weight loss, that's more than half a stone gone forever.

Well done you! x

Over ½ stone in one week - that's a brilliant weight loss, and really well done.

Weighing every day is not a good idea as your weight does fluctuate daily and your scales will weigh differently to your CDC's, as you've already found out you can be setting yourself up for disappointment.

You're in ketosis - that's brilliant - and your weight loss will continue to come off.

Well done on a great week 1 (and keep off those scales!;) )

when i started, i lost 10 or 11lbs in my first week (cant remember now!) and was so chuffed! then, i messed up for xmas and my birthday but i have just finished my restart 1st week and only lost 6lbs in 6 days. i felt a bit gutted as well seeing as how i lost so much more before BUT if it had been slimming world i would have lost half that probably!

now i think its great that i lost 1lb per day (didnt start packs til day 2) and i know i could possibly lose the same again this week. keep focused and u will be chuffed with the results. we could lose 1 & 1/2 - 2 stones this month!! others do! congrats on ur first weigh in, i think u r doing great

now u r in ketosis u r burning only fat. well done.

xxxxx

Thanks Guys,
I am pleased with 8 lbs. I think it's a lesson learned about weighing every day. I'm not giving up and I suppose this diet is going to be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster anyway. We'll see what happens this week.

Tiara x

By the way, I've now got the runs... Maybe I was a bit bunged up!!!! :eek:

Hi Tiara
Well done! 8lbs is FAB.
What other diet have you ever done where you've lost that much in a week? You're doing great!
I too weigh every day - which I think is a mistake. When the scales show a drop, it's a huge motivator, but when they stay the same, things get difficult.
Also as others have said you will weigh different on your CDCs scales depending on time of day, and the clothes you are wearing, how much water you've drunk etc
Stay strong and keep going - the weight will continue to fall off. Remember they reckon you loose a stone a month - you're over half way there in just one week.
Good luck hun x

Hi Tiara
Well done! 8lbs is FAB.
What other diet have you ever done where you've lost that much in a week? You're doing great!
I too weigh every day - which I think is a mistake. When the scales show a drop, it's a huge motivator, but when they stay the same, things get difficult.
Also as others have said you will weigh different on your CDCs scales depending on time of day, and the clothes you are wearing, how much water you've drunk etc
Stay strong and keep going - the weight will continue to fall off. Remember they reckon you loose a stone a month - you're over half way there in just one week.
Good luck hun x

I think we should make a pact not to weigh ourself this week!

I do my weigh in myself. My CDC said she'd do it if I wanted her to but that I could just do it myself. Is that normal? I think it will be better for me that way as this week she brought my new supplies to me and I can't get to her at the same time every week so I've made Tuesday morning 'official weigh in' at home.

if thats what works for you then i think its fine. it sounds like it'll work for you better.

my first CDC left me to do it myself (tho i didnt really want to) and i weighed myself daily. i didnt like doing it myself but only cos i felt i needed the pat on the back and is easier for me to keep on track if i have someone to answer to!

i wont weigh myself this week either!

I think we should make a pact not to weigh ourself this week!
That sounds like a good plan Tiara.
I started the diet on a Saturday - so I will try my best not to weigh in before then.
My CDC weighs me roughly every Tuesday or Wednesday and some weeks I won't be able to see her at all, so will get extra packs the week before. There are also lots of variables when I see her, as I mentioned before, so I tend to go by my own weigh ins. (I always weigh first thing, after a pee, and in my birthday suit :D )

OK, I'm off to take the batteries out of my scales - not sure where to hide them yet, cos I'll obviously know where they are LOL.

Resiting the scales will be almost as hard as resisting food for me!!;)

:D resiting?? I meant resisting!!

Oh good - A new challenge!:)

Ok, the batteries are now downstairs in the Kitchen and the scales are in the bathroom.
I'm hoping that I'll be too lazy in the mornings to go downstairs and get the batteries....
... hmmm - it might work :confused:

Thanks Guys,
I am pleased with 8 lbs. I think it's a lesson learned about weighing every day. I'm not giving up and I suppose this diet is going to be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster anyway. We'll see what happens this week.

Tiara x

By the way, I've now got the runs... Maybe I was a bit bunged up!!!! :eek:

Hi Tiara,

The first weeks loss on a vlcd is mainly Glycogen from your Glycogen store. This is the first to go and if you jump off a vlcd and start eating high carbs again like sugar/bread/chocolate/crisps etc. it is the first place to fill up again quickly.

It is possible to overfill the glycogen stores so that they contain More than normal levels. Athletes do this and call it carbohydrate loading. Athletes stop eating carbohydrate to deplete their glycogen stores and then feast on carbohydrates. This gives them a larger reserve tank of ready fuel for endurance exercises, such as marathon running.

If we eat a lot of carbohydrate foods right after dieting we will accomplish the same thing.

Glycogen is stored with about 4 parts of water for each part of glycogen. This means that a pound of glycogen may hold an additional 4 pounds of water.

1800 Calories of Calorie deficit in the food eaten can cause a 5 pound weight loss. Compare that with the real need for fat loss. The same 1800 Calorie deficit will only use up 1/2 pound of fat.

Glycogen is stored in the liver, muscles and fat cells of the body. The amount we can store can vary depending upon what we eat and how much we use our muscles.

Recent research suggests that some people may store as much as a kilogram of glycogen that can be mobilized in the first few days of using a vlcd. This could mean that such a person could lose almost a stone in weight during the first few days of dieting and not yet have burned any fat.

This weight loss on the scales does provide wonderful incentive on the first week of the diet and it is a boost for the week ahead.

Some people find that weighing every morning first thing on an empty bladder and before taking either water or milkshake gives them a boost for the day.

Getting on and off the scales throughout the day is futile as water weighs heavy and one litre is 1 kilogram which is about 2.20lbs. and that is heavy when you think about it.

If you get upset when you weigh yourself you are best to leave it to when you see your CDC, otherwise you will be upsetting yourself unnecessarily which can get the old chatter box working over time and you can then talk yourself out of doing the diet. It happens:(

After four weeks you will see a pattern to your weight loss which is unique to you as everyone loses weight differently.

There is a member here who is on the 1,200 plan of CD and she is losing 2lbs. a week consistently. I am lucky if I achieve that on SSing some weeks.

Your doing well, believe in yourself.

Love Mini xxx

Ok, the batteries are now downstairs in the Kitchen and the scales are in the bathroom.
I'm hoping that I'll be too lazy in the mornings to go downstairs and get the batteries....
... hmmm - it might work :confused:

lol That'd work for me!! I don't have stairs in my house though!! I'll maybe put the scales in the shed. The thought of going out in the cold will stop me!!

Where there's a will there's a way!

Thanks Mini.

It does help hearing the science behind it all. I do feel a bit better now.

I'm not going to give up. I almost feel like I'm into a routine now so i'll stick with it and hopefully the results will show on the scales over the next few weeks.

Tiara x

Oh, I hadn't thought of the shed - Thats a good idea. Not only will the cold put me off, but the spiders too!!
I might do that myself if the thought of the batteries downstairs doesn't stop me.
good luck Tiara - We can do this

Back