1st WI.

mutley1964

Hi everyone! 1st WI last night & I lost 4.5lbs. Have to say that although I'm pleased I'm also a little disappointed as "generally" you lose more in your 1st week due to fluid loss, but also because I have cut out beer, cider, lovely thick wholemeal bread, cheese, everything that obviously makes me the weight I am by 100% :( I'm telling myself that what I have lost is pure fat! Anyway, just wanted to share! :) Here's to a better planned 2nd week!

Hey, what a coincidence, I had my first WI this morning and lost exactly the same amount, so big congrats to you, we have lost nearly a bag of spuds each in the first week wooohooooo...xx

Thank you & well done to you Cheryl on your 4.5lb loss! Did you have a difficult 2nd week? I had trouble getting my head round what I was doing week 1, so have trawled the SW website & printed off lots of recipes so I'm better prepared! I'm aiming for 2.5lbs...so long as the wine doesn't scupper my plans!!!

Hey, what a coincidence, I had my first WI this morning and lost exactly the same amount, so big congrats to you, we have lost nearly a bag of spuds each in the first week wooohooooo...xx

Well done Amanda! I was told at the meeting that i had lost the same as what an Ostrich egg weighs! Someone else who started the same week as me also lost 4.5lbs so maybe it is an acceptable 1st week weigh in!!!

I struggled at first with what to cook etc, but I bought a load of books from ebay and working my wat through them, I have also decided to do a weekly menu every sunday for the following week, then on Mon after work I get the shopping I need from my menu list and nothing else, that way I am not tempted to buy little "treats". I would love to be a "comfortable" size at least for christmas, then when I look at all the facebook pics that I am tagged in I hopefully wont be cringing with shame....xx

Hi, I'm Kirsty and new to slimming world. Always done ww before and the greedy side of me liked the sound of eating as much as I wanted of certain foods!
My first wi isn't til monday night, and I can't wait, because I just can't believe how much u can eat! If I've lost, then it's going to be a doddle this slimming world lark!
Made some lovely Singapore fried rice last night which I finished off for my lunch, and I'm going to so a slow cooked beef curry next!
Good luck to all you fellow sslimmers! ?? xx

Hi, I'm Kirsty and new to slimming world. Always done ww before and the greedy side of me liked the sound of eating as much as I wanted of certain foods!
My first wi isn't til monday night, and I can't wait, because I just can't believe how much u can eat! If I've lost, then it's going to be a doddle this slimming world lark!
Made some lovely Singapore fried rice last night which I finished off for my lunch, and I'm going to so a slow cooked beef curry next!
Good luck to all you fellow sslimmers! ?? xx

Hello KVM77 & welcome! Good luck for mondays weigh-in! I've always done WW but wanted to get away from the weighing & measuring everything. The only thing I'm not so chuffed with on SW is the syns :( Anything you like has so many it's just not worth it and I can't stop at 1 glass of wine! But really that's probably a good thing, and what i need to address to get these horrible LBS off :( Singapore fried rice sounds lovely! My menu's last week were a bit repetative so I've printed off lots of recipes to try. Would be great if someone else would make them for me!!! have a good weekend! :)

Thank you & well done to you Cheryl on your 4.5lb loss! Did you have a difficult 2nd week? I had trouble getting my head round what I was doing week 1, so have trawled the SW website & printed off lots of recipes so I'm better prepared! I'm aiming for 2.5lbs...so long as the wine doesn't scupper my plans!!!

Hi, thanks. My 2nd week was 100% again, but apparently I didn't eat enough but ate too much fruit! Hoping for a pound this week though, but don't feel as though I have lost anything so far. Weigh in is on Monday morning. I have been 100% since I started, so I can't really do any more than I have been doing x

Hi Cheryl.
I can see why you might be a bit frustrated! I would be inconsolable! I find it hard enough being on a "diet" and literally have to take it meal by meal. I also assume that if I've been good for a day or two, i should immediately lose 2 stone!!! I must admit i find it hard adding either lots of salad or lots of veg to my meals. Well done you for having such a good attitude! Meanwhile, what shall I have for tea??!!! :) Fingers crossed for your next weigh in!

Mutley - Congrats on a fantastic first weigh-in. Think about it this way, you've already lost 1/3 a stone! That's great!

I just started SW Online (I'm a Yank in the US) and I don't weigh-in until Wednesday. I am still trying to wrap my head around the concept of having unlimited rice, pasta and potatoes. It does makes up for limiting my portions of bread however. What I do know is that I don't feel ravenous or neurotic about weighing and measuring my food. Even if I only lost a pound this week, I'll take that because at least I don't feel like I'm imprisoned by the points system.

Have a good week.

Donna

Mutley - Congrats on a fantastic first weigh-in. Think about it this way, you've already lost 1/3 a stone! That's great!

I just started SW Online (I'm a Yank in the US) and I don't weigh-in until Wednesday. I am still trying to wrap my head around the concept of having unlimited rice, pasta and potatoes. It does makes up for limiting my portions of bread however. What I do know is that I don't feel ravenous or neurotic about weighing and measuring my food. Even if I only lost a pound this week, I'll take that because at least I don't feel like I'm imprisoned by the points system.

Have a good week.

Donna

Thanks Donna! I must admit I haven't had any pasta this week and just a couple of Jacket potatoes. Bread is what i miss the most...I love it! I know what you mean about counting, pointing, weighing & measuring! That's what i wanted to get away from and make this a more normal way of life with the bonus of (hopefully!) losing some weight along the way. Best of luck for Wednesday and make sure you post and let us know how your doing! :)

cheers mutley!
just had my first challenge, went out for chinese. i ordered as sensibly as i could, and had boiled rice instead of fried, but im so proud of myself for avoiding the booze! im a nightmare when i get started, and i do love wine.....going to be extragood for the rest of the weekend now, including forcing myself to get out and walk the dogs!

have a great weekend everyone !

Back