1st WI

well done great weight loss

If you do this you will be very silly!!!! Please dont follow vickie's advice...its not how lt works... do you want to damage your liver?!?!?!?! No, didn't think so!!!
You may not lose loads on your weigh in and people should not be promoting dangerous habits and say i eat or drank this and still lost loads as it makes people think ..oh, it's ok to do that and then you FAIL!!!!!!!

i wasn't giving advice. she asked what would happen, and i told her from my experience. i never suggested it was the right thing to do lol

Good for you thats a nice loss next week if you keep on you will be feeling it in looser clothes.

Last edited:
Its the way it comes across like 'it's ok', i did it, i lost 6lbs ..alcohol didn't do anything to me ... as you say people draw there own conclusions...but, overall do not lead into temptation! its like promoting its ok to newer members IMO

and if you must drink then not much and dilute it with 3x the quantity of water.
Water does not dilute the alcohol level... you still get them same level of alcohol...just a larger drink:eek:

Okay this is embarassing! I posted a set of attempts that seemed to condone eating when on LT, so...I erased them and now its obvious! Sorry - what I was trying to say is that suddenly having a rich meal with alcohol would likely make you sick and could be dangerous.

Last edited:
Well done on a fab first WI

I'm afraid I'm with the majority on this one hun. Apart from drinking whilst in ketosis being extremely dangerous and in a few cases fatal, you will ruin all you've strived so hard for.

You could be one of the jammy ones who lets go of LT for a bit, gains and then loses it all again

OR you could have a bit to eat and still lose and then think that it's okay to pick now and again which will lead to a much slower and less effective weight loss

OR you could find that you gain X amount of lbs back, feel depressed, eat to make yourself feel better and then end up right back where you started, only this time with less determination as you know you failed last time.

Hun, it's really not worth it. Stay focused on what you want, have your water instead of alcohol and your shake instead of the curry. In the end it's only you who can make the decision on what to do, I just hope you make the best one.

You can do this if you really want to. xx

Back