2.5lb gain :-(

ohblondone

I'm doing SW online so have no consultant to speak too.

The weight has been coming off REALLY slowly but I had been putting that down to the fact i cant get about due to a recent car accident. However, after reading this forum I found that it shouldn't matter if I followed the plan and I should still be losing good weight losses. I stuck to plan last week and lost 2lb and was pleased.

However, I've stuck to the EE plan religiously this week, I've used the online food diary to track everything I've eaten, I've made sure I'm drinking water and having 1/3 super free food but I've put 2.5lb on this week! I've also only eaten until I'm full and snacked on fruit or muller yogurts.

I'm due on my period and feel really bloated but is this sort if weight gain normal?? As I've been due on I've craved chocolate but I've eaten a curly wurly or funsize bar and stayed within my syns.

I feel really disheartened and like I just want to give up. I need to lose at least another 1.5 stone by sept for my 30th and I just can't see that happening now :-(

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Emma

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ohblondone said:
I'm doing SW online so have no consultant to speak too.

The weight has been coming off REALLY slowly but I had been putting that down to the fact i cant get about due to a recent car accident. However, after reading this forum I found that it shouldn't matter if I followed the plan and I should still be losing good weight losses. I stuck to plan last week and lost 2lb and was pleased.

However, I've stuck to the EE plan religiously this week, I've used the online food diary to track everything I've eaten, I've made sure I'm drinking water and having 1/3 super free food but I've put 2.5lb on this week! I've also only eaten until I'm full and snacked on fruit or muller yogurts.

I'm due on my period and feel really bloated but is this sort if weight gain normal?? As I've been due on I've craved chocolate but I've eaten a curly wurly or funsize bar and stayed within my syns.

I feel really disheartened and like I just want to give up. I need to lose at least another 1.5 stone by sept for my 30th and I just can't see that happening now :-(

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Emma

That seems like its just due to the bloating. Don't be disheartened. You can easily lose 1.5stone by September-you've got over 3 months, so it's less that Half a stone a month. Do you have a food diary on here? Might be useful to see if anyone on here can maybe advise on anything you maybe missing x

I would say that the gain would definitely be totm, particularly if you are feeling bloated and have stuck to plan 100% - it's perfectly normal (albeit v annoying!). There's no way you would have gained 2.5 so it's just a blip. Hang in there til next week, keep doing what you're doing and see if you get the loss you deserve, get used to the ups and downs of being on plan and keep at it. You definitely won't lose your stone and a half if you give up now!

As an aside, if you find your losses are slow on EE it may be worth you trying red or green which work better for some. Good luck x

Hi Emma

I am doing SW online too. :)

I also would think it is pure bloating due to your period. I expect your body will release it and show a good loss next week. My scales show a gain too when my period is due.

Hi a 1.5 loss for sept is very achieve able , don't give up :) I put on 2 last week for no reason at all but then lost 4 this week, are bodies arnt programmed to know we are standing on the scales every 7 days they are strange things you know. I bet you will have a loss next week, TOTM and water retention as a lot to answer for ;)

Good luck for next week :)

Some people at my group have had 5lb gains around totm but the good news is it all comes off the week after and more. I'd be willing to put money on a fantastic loss for you next week. If you stick to the plan you'll have no trouble hitting your September goal.

I gain every month just before the start of my period. Theres nothing I can do about so ive learnt to just suck it up. My sister who also does SW never has a problem though grrrrr. Its normally between 1/2 and 2 lb but I always try to look at my losses over the last 4 weeks to get a average.

I put on between 2-5lbs every month & then it vanishes the next week... Water retention, bloating etc are all quite normal for us girlies (although some lucky ******* seem to avoid it :))

I have found as I've lost more weight the monthly gains are less & I'm less bloated.

Down be down-heartened, just think what am amazing loss next week will be! :D

Charli XxX

Thanks everyone, I feel really bolstered by all your comments. I went for a picnic yesterday and before reading the responses was going to eat what I liked. Instead I packed a SW picnic with mini SW quiche, pasta salad, potato salad and homemade scotch eggs.

Thanks again and hopefully it will show on the scales next week!

ohblondone said:
Thanks everyone, I feel really bolstered by all your comments. I went for a picnic yesterday and before reading the responses was going to eat what I liked. Instead I packed a SW picnic with mini SW quiche, pasta salad, potato salad and homemade scotch eggs.

Thanks again and hopefully it will show on the scales next week!

Smile through it! I'm sure the scales will be nice next week :)

Charli XxX

Back