2 Baths and got twiddling thumbs!

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by EliteLady, 3 January 2010 Social URL.

1. EliteLady

EliteLady Member

Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast / Xenical
    Hi There all,

I just wondered how other slimmers cope when they get the munchies in an evening... I tend to have a bath but with the dark nights I end up being in my PJ's at 6.30!

My water bill is going to rocket... I'm just running my second bath of the day in an attempt to distract myself!
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've started manicuring my nails and giving myself pedicures (am an intermittent biter) and find the whole thing a great diversion by the time. I also am thinking of joining a sew class or something so.. i used to sew a lot as a teenager (dad was a tailor) so i'm thinking in the long-term that if i can get into clothes making or something it will occupy in the evenings. I'm new to the area where i live so am also looking for evening exercise classes to get me off the sofa in the evening which will hopefully introduce me to like minded people and motivate me when i get home not to hit the cupboards.

Just a few ideas

4. Cheralyn

Cheralyn Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    When i get the munchies i either tidy up the house, read a book or go on facebook and chat on live chat. Just anything that I can do to take my mind off food. I also find that drinking a pint of water helps as it fills me up and then i don't feel hungry.

5. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Chew gum? Trick ur brain into thinking ur eating!
    Or have a cuppa.. I find the evenings hard too.

6. mini_mim

mini_mim Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I took up knitting, doesn't always work but can be a good distraction and you can't eat and knit at the same time!

7. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    having a drink is always a good one!! Maybe try and keep snacks to ''if you get the muncies'' or hhave an options (or i think others like ww do light versions) hot chocolate!! Both yummy and filling or a cup of hot skimmed milk with a sweetner or two....

Hope some of them have helped

8. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've made myself a massive bowl of sugar free jelly incase I get the munchies.

I found exercises on the wii helped, seeing how much exercise is involved to burn a few hundred calories stopped me from eating snacks that are high such as biscuits etc knowing I'd need to work really hard to burn it off.

9. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    me thinks I will have to buy a Wii :)

10. EliteLady

EliteLady Member

Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast / Xenical
    I have had my nintendo wii on standby since I bought it...... I must get back on the wii fit board! Ive only used it once!
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm anxious to find a hobby or something I enjoy, rather than substitute on kind of food for another. I think on the basis that I am trying to alter my eating patterns.
    I'll just be glad when school starts on Wednesday and I can get into some kind of routine - all this free time to think about food is driving me INSANE! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.