2 Baths and got twiddling thumbs!

I've started manicuring my nails and giving myself pedicures (am an intermittent biter) and find the whole thing a great diversion by the time. I also am thinking of joining a sew class or something so.. i used to sew a lot as a teenager (dad was a tailor) so i'm thinking in the long-term that if i can get into clothes making or something it will occupy in the evenings. I'm new to the area where i live so am also looking for evening exercise classes to get me off the sofa in the evening which will hopefully introduce me to like minded people and motivate me when i get home not to hit the cupboards.

Just a few ideas

When i get the munchies i either tidy up the house, read a book or go on facebook and chat on live chat. Just anything that I can do to take my mind off food. I also find that drinking a pint of water helps as it fills me up and then i don't feel hungry.

Chew gum? Trick ur brain into thinking ur eating!
Or have a cuppa.. I find the evenings hard too.

having a drink is always a good one!! Maybe try and keep snacks to ''if you get the muncies'' or hhave an options (or i think others like ww do light versions) hot chocolate!! Both yummy and filling or a cup of hot skimmed milk with a sweetner or two....

Hope some of them have helped

I've made myself a massive bowl of sugar free jelly incase I get the munchies.

I found exercises on the wii helped, seeing how much exercise is involved to burn a few hundred calories stopped me from eating snacks that are high such as biscuits etc knowing I'd need to work really hard to burn it off.

me thinks I will have to buy a Wii :)

I have had my nintendo wii on standby since I bought it...... I must get back on the wii fit board! Ive only used it once!
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm anxious to find a hobby or something I enjoy, rather than substitute on kind of food for another. I think on the basis that I am trying to alter my eating patterns.
I'll just be glad when school starts on Wednesday and I can get into some kind of routine - all this free time to think about food is driving me INSANE! x

Back