2 Weeks down! Feeling motivated now!

snowbev

Well I started the diet with some misgivings, and yes, the first week was really tough! I missed sitting down with my husband for meals and found I felt really bloated with fluids, although I must add, I never felt hungry. My first week saw me lose 10lbs! I expected a slow down the second week, and sure enough, have lost another 6lb this week. That's 16lbs in only 2 weeks! It feels really good! I think things will be a lot easier from now on in, as I am quite happy now with my milkshakes! For someone starting this diet, I think my advice would be, you can succeed quite easily on this diet, but you must really want to lose weight and be prepared to commit. That first week was really hard.
Start weight: 183lbs
Week 1: 173lbs
Week 2: 167lbs

Total to date: 16lbs

Last edited:
Well done!!! Ur doing great!!! It is an extreamly hard diet but the results r amazing and it can change our lives so fast. Xxx

Fabulous weight loss.. It is obviously working for you.... Keep it up x x x x

Thank you for your support, I am sticking hard and fast to this, just have to see how my mother in law views my lack of eating this weekend when we visit! She will probably try and feed me the whole time we are there! (2 days!). Gonna be a tough one!

Well done Bev, you are doing great!! :)
Emma x

Thank you for your support, I am sticking hard and fast to this, just have to see how my mother in law views my lack of eating this weekend when we visit! She will probably try and feed me the whole time we are there! (2 days!). Gonna be a tough one!

Well done Bev? Yeah the MIL is a big problem, had to explain long and hard to mine how this diet worked and why I HAD to do it....trouble is she's 5' 6" and about 9 1/2 stone and has never been overweight in her life. I don't think she even likes food that much! She makes sure that my FIL eats only what she will let him! My OH takes after her, I'm sure that it's their attitude to food, ie take it or leave it, that is the secret.......whereas we (the 'royal' we as in us guys on this diet) genuinely love our food.

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for your reply! Well I went of to the MIL last weekend and boy, that was hard! I agreed that I would eat a couple of light meals during the weekend, but I got Liver, bacon and mash + pudding, followed the next day by a huge roast dinner and apple pie! I felt so bloated and uncomfortable even though I left lots of it! I just couldn't wait till I got home and back onto my shakes! Well back into it again now and avoiding visits until my diet is done now! At least it looks like I have lost the few punds that I gained during my visit and some more. I am now 4 weeks exactly into the diet and have lost 1stone 7lbs, so very pleased with myself. I am also feeling very healthy and have loads more energy. I have dropped at least 1 dress size and feel great! I don't even yearn for food any more and can honestly say I am now feeling that this diet is very easy for me now!

Well done Bev x x

That's brilliant Bev......what is it with mother-in-laws? I think mine is just trying to prove that she's a better cook than me........she isn't! She can't help taking over either, she's already offering to come and stay when I come out of hospital and I cant think of anything worse! I love her dearly but she's got to make such a fuss about everything ......at least I never had kids so I'll never be a MIL myself!

That's brilliant Bev......what is it with mother-in-laws? I think mine is just trying to prove that she's a better cook than me........she isn't! She can't help taking over either, she's already offering to come and stay when I come out of hospital and I cant think of anything worse! I love her dearly but she's got to make such a fuss about everything ......at least I never had kids so I'll never be a MIL myself!

I have the perfect mil.. I don't go to see her, i don't ring her, and i changed my phone number so she can't ring me... Lovely mother-in-law i have!!! pmsl x x x x

I have the perfect mil.. I don't go to see her, i don't ring her, and i changed my phone number so she can't ring me... Lovely mother-in-law i have!!! pmsl x x x x

Doesn't she want to see her grandchildren? My MIL even comes round to see the cats and buys them Xmas presents!

She was never much of a mother, let alone a grandmother.... Out of the 5 kids she has, there is NEVER a time when they all are talking to her... Joe says she fecked up her own kids, he won't give her the chance to do it to his... Normally i am a peacemaker, and don't like bad feelings in families, but after "seeing her in action", i agree with him.... And i must confess our lives are certainly quieter and less stressful!! x x

How awful, she sounds horrid....d'ya wanna borrow mine for a while?! X

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! (I might not be able to get rid of her as easily!! lol)

One good thing though, it has made me determined NOT to be like that if/when i become one!! lol x x x

Back