20 meal recipes under 300 calories ready in 30 minutes

jillymeg123

I was looking for the syns in my Italian restaurant mushroom risotto that I had last night, (which nobody answered, boo hoo).
My best guess for the risotto is between 400-500 calories but rice is free, cheese is free, mushrooms are free, all on green, so would have to syn oil only??? Can anyone give me a guestimate? :sign0163:

Last edited by a moderator:
You ate this in a restaurant, cheese isn't free only 56g as 2 of your HEx's would br a write off, you would then have to add in the wine, cheese, oil, cream etc that they used.

Also please bump your original thread, saves you getting multiple replies spaced across the forum.

Thanks Jerrice
I ate out in an Italian restaurant.
I know we don't have to calorie count thanks, just thought the menus would easily adapt to s.w. and were quick and easy!

Thanks Lexie, it sounds like a very bad choice I made then!!!
I thought about bumping but since I didn't know how and didn't get any replies, I just bolted it on to my link about quick and easy low syn/adaptable meals as an afterthought. I had already written it off as a disaster anyway!

Ach don't apologise, it's easy when you know how!

Just reply to your own thread, some people just put "bump" or reply in any other way.

It's not a bad choice, it's a learning curve :)

If you post on a thread again it bumps it up.

No idea on the syns for the rissotto as hard to tell how it was made. But it is safe to say it would probably be quite high with the oil, cheese (not just what you added cheese and cream are often added when making risotto)

I would just count it as a learning experience and just go back to the normal plan as if you had flexi synned, increase your superfree foods and try and have plenty of speed food. Maybe even have a day or two of success express and you may still lose.

Next time you go to an italian restaurant you are better going for pasta with a tomato based (non cheesy or creamy ) sauce.

Good luck and thanks for the link to the recipes.

Teresa

If you post on a thread again it bumps it up.

No idea on the syns for the rissotto as hard to tell how it was made. But it is safe to say it would probably be quite high with the oil, cheese (not just what you added cheese and cream are often added when making risotto)

I would just count it as a learning experience and just go back to the normal plan as if you had flexi synned, increase your superfree foods and try and have plenty of speed food. Maybe even have a day or two of success express and you may still lose.

Next time you go to an italian restaurant you are better going for pasta with a tomato based (non cheesy or creamy ) sauce.

Good luck and thanks for the link to the recipes.

Teresa
Thanks Teresa, I realise I slipped up bigtime :mad: there was no plain pasta to choose! I am losing so slowly too, perhaps it's cos I haven't got much to lose in stage 1 of my weightloss plan! or inactivity, (except yesterday when I was VERY active with 2 tiny granddaughters to run after all day!).... or being older and retired, or spraining my ankle, or giving up smoking 3 weeks ago etc. etc. excuses excuses!!! :( I'm glad you liked the recipe link, I was excited that I actually got some thanks too :D wot am I like?

Well pat yourself on the back for making what you thought was the best choice instead of having exactly what you like with garlic bread and a big pud. now it is just some more info you have learned for the future. :)

Sounds like you have a lot of things going on, who cares how clso the weight comes off just keep at it and you will get to target.

Teresa

Back