20 somethings

Jessikah, can I just say you're an inspiration to all of us who have struggled in the past, or are struggling now! Well done, girl!

Thank you everyone, couldn't have done it on my own though, the whole SW community is amazing! This weather is making me tired Jenna! Don't know what it's like where you are but we had a lite bit of snow today and its so so cold, I'm on the sofa with about 7 layers of clothing on, a blanket and a cup of coffee and I'm still cold :( xx

Blimey Jess, that is is so impressive!! Stay on here with us to keep us all on the right track haha :)

It will be so exciting to see you in the ads and even better when you're in the mag!! I have quite a lot to lose so it's nice to see people of a similar age who have actually already lost that amount, your story would make a amazing story in the SW mag so I hope that you get the call. Good luck with the tummy tuck too

Jenna - I have been really tired getting up this week and it's been black outside but with the clocks changing at this time on Sunday it'll still be lightish :) I wish we could all had reduced hours in the winter for the same pay of course :D

Oh yes, potatoes. How did I forget potatoes?!? My brain must be dead. Why did no one say crappy kids have half term this week and others next week? The 3:30 train was so packed we could not get on, so had to wait another hour. Feel pleased for going out on our own. A stupid woman held the lift up for her friend instead of just meeting her at the platform which meant I almost missed the train! But I still managed to get on before them so i got to sit down. Ha ****ers. But then her son decided screeching was fun, woke Nate up, so he was a bit of a grouch for the rest of the day. When I was in the city a contestant for Jeremy Kyle barked "get out if the way!" When I was trying to turn a corner without hitting anyone. Old me would have blushed and got upset. Me strutting around in my size 14 dress (dunno how it fits but it does look awesome I wore it for woman of the year) and my other gorgeous smaller stuff, hair and make up done replied "get some manners!" Ha! Her stupid head nearly exploded. I thought she was gonna try and hit me, but it'd involved turning round.

Later I went into Karen millan. Last year I went in and got THE worst look ever. This year "hi, can I help you." "yes, sure you can try them on" all smiles and loveliness. And I bought a tip. a 14 again, but it must just be a generous cut. Whoever said money can't buy you happiness has never done a happy dance in a changing room. Don't worry it had a huge discount.

So happy.

So in sort....

Mandy, enjoy your early night! Sounds like you will need it
Jenna, you will look gorgeous and good on ypu for being different
Emily, good luck with the applications
Clare if you disappear we will hunt you down so Shush :p also, how nice of your work mates.

Brain is so dead. Thank god for my making extras last week! Meal in minutes.

Thank you everyone, couldn't have done it on my own though, the whole SW community is amazing! This weather is making me tired Jenna! Don't know what it's like where you are but we had a lite bit of snow today and its so so cold, I'm on the sofa with about 7 layers of clothing on, a blanket and a cup of coffee and I'm still cold :( xx

Just seen this...SNOW :( I hate snow, horribly cold and wet...though if I don't have to go to work I think I would change me mind on it and like it because it is pretty if you don't have to go out. I hope it doesn't snow properly anytime soon.

Hope you manage to warm up x x

I know!! Horrible and I have no winter shoes at all and got stuck in the mad hail snowy half hour this afternoon on the school run so got home with soggy feet and ordered myself some wellies from boohoo next day delivery so should come tomorrow lol! Xx

I ache so bad, been walking round London all day!

Are you feeling a bit better yet star?

Hello jess, amazing story, very inspirational :)

Fran I wouldnt have had the patience to hang around another hour for a train lol glad you found something nice to buy, and size 14 too, I dont think ive ever been size 14 :/ hopefully after one day soon :)

tatabubbly said:
Jo sending loads of hugs..

Thanks Hun I'm back at it today and hoping for a loss next week x

CH2b said:
Morning ladies :) im currently on a coach to london for my long weekend, should be fun, freezing my butt off though as this bus driver clearly thinks he needs air con on constantly brr :/

Have a lovely time x

Claree__x said:
Can I be the Halloween version of Scrooge and say I bloody hate it? Lol!

In a surprisingly better place this morning, albeit still fairly unmotivated but I think a relaxing weekend will do me good. Some positive news regarding whether or not we can but the flat I want would be nice though - meeting with the bank tomorrow.

I don't like Halloween either I just don't get it and thinks its so American! Also don't get the whole dressing up thing! X

jessikahlashes said:
Ahhh thanks girls!! Oh where to start!!

I'd been big my whole life, I was over weight at 6 and even at 10 had to see a dietician once a week at the hospital cos I was more like a little chubby! I started my first slimming club at 11 but they'd always say oh it's puppy fat shel grow out of it! I never did! My mum was always my main support with my weight an when I was 12 she passed away, my dad was my rock and as fantastic as he was at being both mum and dad, take aways and huge portions became the norm for us, before I know it I'm 16 and weigh 17 stone, I met my partner at 18 and fell pregnant pretty quick, we had a little girl and id gained 2 stone through pregnancy and when she was just 5 months old I fell pregnant again and we had another daughter! Id gained another 2 stone through pregnancy. Then I realised I had to do something about my weight, I was 21 years old and weighed 21 and a half stone, I had my fiancé and my two beautiful girls, but I could barely care for myself let alone my family. So off I went to slimming world, it took me 17 months to lose 11 and a half stone and it was the BEST thing I ever did!! My girls have their mum back and I'm due to get married in 2014! I've also been made the face of fry light and been doing some modelling for them!! Everything is going amazing!! Tips from me are to stay to group, I would never have done it without my consultant and the support from my group. Hope you've all enjoyed my read, didn't realise I'd wrote so much lol xxxx

Wow wow wow and wow that's amazing Hun how fabulous. You must feel so amazing and so you should x

Claire I'm with the others don't go anywhere! X

Jenna I'm sure you will look fab Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find it hard to find shoes that have a good enough grip for when the snow is a couple of days old and has basically turned everywhere in to an Ice Rink! Good for you for getting yourself the new wellies :)

Thanks for asking CH, I am getting there, I still have a very sore throat and nose with a chesty cough but compared to even last night I feel so much better but am glad not to be around people at the minute so I can't pass it on :)

Sounds like you've been having a good day out in London though, how long did it take you to get there? Think of all the body magic you've got today though

Jo, my feelings on Halloween are for the same reason as yours, they can keep this 'holiday'

Oh and same for me for shoes, I have a fear of ice and panic at the thought of falling flat on my bum on the ice, was thinking of getting some of them boots with the spikes in the bottom!! Haha x

Thanks bubbly! SW really is the best, are you far from target? I am posting like a mad person cos I want to upload an avatar but is it right I need 50 posts? I'm going to be getting on your nerves tonight :p x

That's amazing!! Cheesecake!!!! Ah I have to be totally honest, my biggest downfall is cheesecake, can't have it in the house cos it will be eaten, before I lost the weight no word of a lie I could sit and eat a full cheesecake for pudding lol xx

Oh and same for me for shoes, I have a fear of ice and panic at the thought of falling flat on my bum on the ice, was thinking of getting some of them boots with the spikes in the bottom!! Haha x

I have some you put on the bottom of your shoes so you can wear them with any shoe

Got them in time for last winter so they were in the summer sales :)

If you want to post a lot this is the thread for you, we're a chappy welcoming bunch on here and it seems like almost everyone is around today :)

Back