20 somethings

And thanks to everyone for being so nice about it cos you get so many negative people who don't think people should have it done on nhs and I guess I was a little worried you lot might think the same but you're all very supportive and lovely xx

after seeing what you have done by yourself to change your lifestyle drastically through nothing but hard work and determination, I fail to see how anyone in their right mind with any compassion whatsoever could deny you totally deserve it and should be entitled to it! x

tatabubbly said:
Thanks jessika.. Defo didnt think it had that many in it! I'd say i had half that amount so I'm going to say 8 syns and add it to my allowance today.. So I've 5 syns left for later as I had two sausages at syn each this morning..

I'm a sucker for cheesecake, it's so good!! Did you enjoy it? Is find it difficult not to eat the entire cheesecake haha xx

ScarlettStar86 said:
after seeing what you have done by yourself to change your lifestyle drastically through nothing but hard work and determination, I fail to see how anyone in their right mind with any compassion whatsoever could deny you totally deserve it and should be entitled to it! x

Thanks Scarlett. This is such a supportive thread x

jessikahlashes said:
I'm a sucker for cheesecake, it's so good!! Did you enjoy it? Is find it difficult not to eat the entire cheesecake haha xx

Not really because all i could think was about the syns I was eating. :-(

I was so proud because at the party was all fried food and sandwiches. I'm glad i got in control and didnt end up eating 40 sandwiches which i would have before.. The control is what i hav problems with.. One day at a time

tatabubbly said:
Not really because all i could think was about the syns I was eating. :-(

I was so proud because at the party was all fried food and sandwiches. I'm glad i got in control and didnt end up eating 40 sandwiches which i would have before.. The control is what i hav problems with.. One day at a time

It's so hard but what I used to do was think further ahead, I'd look at the greasy slice of pizza and think right I could eat that in 2 mins and for those 2 mins it would taste good but it won't taste as good for the 2 mins it takes me demolish it, as getting on those scales and having lost weight, that's a life time of happiness when the weight is off, no bad food is worth it, that's why we are doing this xxx

tatabubbly said:
Your totally right.. I probably shouldnt beat myself up about it though.. That tiny piece of cake was probably a better choice than the chips and chicken pieces on offer!!

Onwards and upwards

You're will power is fantastic, give yourself some credit, as Felix said you were in control and have done the right thing, fab xx

Right! Four pages later :p

As for the loose skin thing, I think it is great you are getting it done. I am feeling quite lucky 5 stone down and my tummy is looking ok, seems to be flattening nicely. I know I have nearly 6 stone left so tjat can all change. Last week I noticed my legs feel squishy, not hard like they used to, which is odd. I will have major bingo wings but I have always worn cardigans so I can keep doing that. C-sections are awful, it took me nearly a year to recover but I had a bunch of complications which is why I worry about loose skin. Thankfully the only person who sees me naked is my little boy who loves lifting up my top or looking down it and yelling "gone!" Haha. Loon.

Shred - never done it, not tempted by it either. I do want to start running again in 3 stones time!

And finally, I so feel no guilt if I go out and say, have pizza or a ball of ice cream. I must be the only one! I enjoy it and go back to normal and if I have a gain it is ok because I had a good time. Last week I felt stupid for picking and going over syns, that wasn't having a nice day out and having something and enjoying it, that was picking and being silly. And every time I have expected a gain from one of these meals out i get a loss. I think it is because they are not that often and because I go right back to plan. I suppose it is how Flexidays work. I decide if i want a pizza or a desert or something indulgent I can have it as long as i enjoy it. If i go out I'd rather use 50 syns on something I really want rather than 15 on something I don't really want.

Franalamadingdong said:
Right! Four pages later :p

As for the loose skin thing, I think it is great you are getting it done. I am feeling quite lucky 5 stone down and my tummy is looking ok, seems to be flattening nicely. I know I have nearly 6 stone left so tjat can all change. Last week I noticed my legs feel squishy, not hard like they used to, which is odd. I will have major bingo wings but I have always worn cardigans so I can keep doing that. C-sections are awful, it took me nearly a year to recover but I had a bunch of complications which is why I worry about loose skin. Thankfully the only person who sees me naked is my little boy who loves lifting up my top or looking down it and yelling "gone!" Haha. Loon.

Shred - never done it, not tempted by it either. I do want to start running again in 3 stones time!

And finally, I so feel no guilt if I go out and say, have pizza or a ball of ice cream. I must be the only one! I enjoy it and go back to normal and if I have a gain it is ok because I had a good time. Last week I felt stupid for picking and going over syns, that wasn't having a nice day out and having something and enjoying it, that was picking and being silly. And every time I have expected a gain from one of these meals out i get a loss. I think it is because they are not that often and because I go right back to plan. I suppose it is how Flexidays work. I decide if i want a pizza or a desert or something indulgent I can have it as long as i enjoy it. If i go out I'd rather use 50 syns on something I really want rather than 15 on something I don't really want.

That's a really good attitude to have fran, see my problem is over indulging, if someone offers me a biscuit I can't have one, id eat them all once I've started, that's why I used to have around 2-3 syns a day through my weight loss cos once I start I can't stop haha. So to cut everything out all together until I got to target was good for me, when I got to target I remember having my first treat, I went out and got majorly drunk and ended up in bed with a kebab and the next day I couldn't keep off the loo cos my tummy just wasn't used to anything naughty!!
And like you fran I always cover my arms up too! You've done superb losing 5 stone xxx

Ah Lord if you girls could have seen me ten minutes ago!
Got my brother up to help me with my costume...tyre tracks and all that. So I got a pristine white top from my wardrobe that's getting a bit too baggy on me these days and laid it on the ground. Bear in mind it's been raining all day. So he ran over it and apart from it being wet, it was still snow white. Some clean tyres he has! So he ran over it again...nothing. In the end I had to tear open a plastic bag, facepaint it black and get him to run over that first and then the top...good God the neighbours must think I'm insane...wouldn't mind if he'd parked in my driveway but no... out on the road! hahaha

Haha mandy! That's some clean car!

Jess, I'm working on breaking me all or nothing attitude, trying to have as good a balance as possible. A couple of women at group cut out loads of things and ended up going off the rails, then repeating the whole process, I didn't want to go through that. My mum keeps an eye on me and keeps me sensible.

Been 100% this week, yesterday I had a lot of snacky potato cakes but I had no deserts for lunch or dinner (usually fruit and yogurt) I've kept syns below 10 and measured healthy extras. Done green day, red, extra easy, green and red today and the scales don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Been out walking every day. Feeling a bit glum. Maybe last week catching up on me? I will be keeping on plan though. Going to root through the fridge and plan next week from what is in in a bit, just relaxing for now.

Franalamadingdong said:
Haha mandy! That's some clean car!

Jess, I'm working on breaking me all or nothing attitude, trying to have as good a balance as possible. A couple of women at group cut out loads of things and ended up going off the rails, then repeating the whole process, I didn't want to go through that. My mum keeps an eye on me and keeps me sensible.

Been 100% this week, yesterday I had a lot of snacky potato cakes but I had no deserts for lunch or dinner (usually fruit and yogurt) I've kept syns below 10 and measured healthy extras. Done green day, red, extra easy, green and red today and the scales don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Been out walking every day. Feeling a bit glum. Maybe last week catching up on me? I will be keeping on plan though. Going to root through the fridge and plan next week from what is in in a bit, just relaxing for now.

The body is a funny thing, I wouldn't be disheartened, what day is your WI? Do you weigh yourself daily at home too? X

Wed morn is my weigh in too, I've completely changed what I'm doing for tea tonight after browsing the recipe forums, I'm doing chicken but I've coated the breasts in dry smash, dried herbs, garlic salt and paprika and it's apparently gorgeous crispy chicken, going to have it with SW chips and veggies xx

My weigh in is weds too, but weds night :) I'm making the Cajun burgers from the magazine even though you said they weren't great haha. I've made them with sweet potato and added garlic and red onion. Thought I might as well as I'd bought the ingredients! Going to make salsa and yoghurt dip with lime and coriander. Yum!

I've spent the afternoon turning two girls into ghoulish creatures. My daughter Tiffany (zip face) and her friend (Corpse Bride)... turned out quite well too. Had a comment on my pic of Tiffany on FB from a SFX artist saying I done a good job!

Have my costume ready to go..just have to put it on really. Lot of fiddling around with liquid latex and stuff that I can't prepare in advance so I'm gonna need a couple of hours to myself....a rarity this weekend! Hurry on home, OH!
Thinking I will shower but not touch my hair. It's been in a bun on top of my head since yesterday and it's looking all scruffy and messy... it'd look like that if I were run over, wouldn't it? haha

Mandy that's so cool! What a compliment! I think a vampire is going to be nate's outfit for the irony that it is fangs that are breaking through (they've cut the gum but are still working their way down and out).

Xanthe, I hope yours turn out better than mine, they were a bit like mashed potato burgers, Haha. I threw the spares I had made to freeze out. Total waste, never had a disappointing recipe before. I haven't even started on my dinner yet.

Sounds good jess, I made an amazing chicken Kiev last week. I did it in the air fryer and it was fab! I had made my own breadcrumbs, but i did the properly in the oven and dried out.

Today I tried Nate out with marmite (eww) and he loves it. Weirdo.

Meal plan is completely done which saves me doing it on Tuesday night. It is going to help run down the fridge. I found 2 savoy cabbage, one white cabbage (for coleslaw), one normal cabbage AND one red cabbage. The normal and white one were bought by me so where did the others come from?! I found half a dead red cabbage too. Insane. I found some really mouldy clotted cream, which I would never have (i don't like cream).

Back