20 somethings

You will get there soon enuf Leah! Im just back from the cinema and cudnt help myself wif the muchies :17729:Gonna have to be extra gd the rest of the week now! Mite even have to start exercising :eek: xxx

Jenna88 said:
I'm going to need to start exercising too (it's just so bloody boring) and I really need to stay away from the bloody scales. They're driving me mad, I wish I was far enough in to the 9s that when I ate something and weighed I didn't see a number in the 10's. Agh!

Try zumba that Is far from boring i Also do just dance on the Wii with my l room curtains shut lol you gotta make it fun to stick to it i hate the gym

I'm very lazy... I pretty much have a battle with myself everytime I go to the gym as I have to really force myself to get off my bum and go! I'm getting better though. I usually go with my OH which is very motivating as he's studying sports coaching so he gets into fitness instructor mode and really kicks my ass haha I have to tell him to p*** off sometimes though :p

Well the plan for me today is revision as I have an exam Friday but as you can see, I keep coming on minimins! lol Food plan is extra easy... scrambled eggs, beans, bacon for breakfast with strawberrys for superfree, cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce for dinner with extra broccoli for superfree and sw burgers and sw chips for tea with babycorn for superfree :) What about you?

xxx

Ugh, I do NOT miss exams. My day is just as exciting, I've 22 reports to write. Kill me now!

Food wise, I'd an apple for breakfast and a stir fry for lunch, jam packed with superfree. I wanted to try and mix things up today and have my bigger meal in the middle of the day rather than at night so for dinner (depending on how hungry I am) I'll either have a wholemeal toastie or a small bowl of chilli.

Good luck with writing the reports! I did a 3 week work placement when at school as a teaching assistant in a year one class and loved it. It's a lovely age group to teach and they were all really nice kids. Do you have to find another job now then?

I'm studying social work and this exam is a unfolding case study so its basically about putting law and theory into practice in a child protection case study... so what I would do for the family, what law relates to the family and what theories and intervention would I put in place. I can't wait to get it over and done with if I'm honest then I'll be free until September! I need a job really to keep me busy and get some pennies for my hols.

xxxx

That actually sounds really interesting but I imagine it can become quite tedious when you're writing essays etc on it! How many more years do you have of your course?

I won't find work now until September but substitute teachers get paid a higher daily rate than teachers in full time contracts as we don't get paid over the Summer so I have some savings that should see me through and I have 6 more 'subbing' days before the end of term in June to add to my pennies.
It's going to be tough this year though because I got greedy with 2 holidays lol, will be totally worth it :)

You have to treat yourself to an holiday or two though, it sounds like you have worked hard enough for it! and you need to show off your beach bod now! :)

It is quite interesting actually, its just basically saying what I would do if I was a fully qualified social worker and was faced with the scenario we get in the exam, I think I'm just getting tired/bored of education now and want a well paid job. I should have been qualifying at the end of June but I have one more work placement to do as I had to terminate the placement half way to look after my two nieces for a few months. I don't regret doing that at all but I really wish I was finishing with everyone else. I have a work placement from September to the beginning of Feb then I'll qualify so its not too bad! At least I will get there in the end and there isn't many jobs going atm anyway. God I can't half ramble on! xxx

Haha nothing like a good ramble, I do it all the time and yours didn't seem like a ramble to me.

I actually want to throw myself out the window, report writing is no fun. I would have done it by now but I live in a bungalow and the damage would be minimal lol! H-O-R-R-I-F-C.

Don't know if I've mentioned it in here but I'm joining a group (well for one night only) this week to get the books and to have the plan explained to me properly (because I still maintain online is sheeeite). 3 friends are going with me thank God, I hate going places alone!

Anything I should know/be prepared for?

Jenna88 said:
Ladies heeeeelp me! I've drank loads of diet coke within the past 2 hours but my weight is showing as 10at 0.75lbs! That's 3lb heavier than weigh in, TWO days ago and I haven't been off plan! Fml! It's wound me up sooo bad!

A Big bottle of coke Is at least 3 lb i wouldnt worry ..... Go for a wee :)

Well you have your members talk which really encourages you to stay to group each week for 'image therapy' so I guess you could feel persuaded to keep going to group, so if you really don't want to keep going and just want the books, keep it in mind so you don't end up commiting to group by buying a 12 weeks countdown (hope that makes sense). They will also weigh you but your weight is between you and your consultant so nobody else will know, so don't panic :) Not really sure what else you would need to know. You'll be fine though, everyone at my group is really friendly and I get the impressions it is the same at all groups xxx

liliferjade said:
Well you have your members talk which really encourages you to stay to group each week for 'image therapy' so I guess you could feel persuaded to keep going to group, so if you really don't want to keep going and just want the books, keep it in mind so you don't end up commiting to group by buying a 12 weeks countdown (hope that makes sense). They will also weigh you but your weight is between you and your consultant so nobody else will know, so don't panic :) Not really sure what else you would need to know. You'll be fine though, everyone at my group is really friendly and I get the impressions it is the same at all groups xxx

I have to say the support i get from Group Is invaluable i know i wouldnt stick to it like i have id i didnt go dont make your mind up just yet that your just going for the books why not give it a go first

I don't have the funds at the minute to justify paying every week, plus I've managed 3 months of going it completely alone...at least this time I'll have friends there and I honestly find reading people's stories on here to be motivating enough. I wish I did have the money to go (I know 5 pounds a week isn't much but from next week I'm unemployed) as everyone on here seems positive about group but it's just not feasible :(

I'm worried though that my at home attitude is going to affect my friends, at the minute they don't want to go every week but I think what helped me at the start was actually paying for it, as even though I found it confusing I persisted because it was so much money at one time.

Back