20 somethings

Thanks hunny, that makes sense. My friends live in Leeds and Catterick so I don't see them very often, so I guess the change is a little more dramatic for them each time they see me. I've always had people tell me i dont look the weight i am (dont know if they're just being nice or not) but it can be frustrating. especially when they say you've nowhere else to lose it from or ask how you've lost so much as they wouldnt have thought you had that much to lose etc.

I'm a size 12 on the bottom (in most shops) but a 14 on top because of the boobies. My belly has gone down so much, but it's very flabby now (the fat made it firm before) and a bit wrinkley, but i just tell myself that it housed my beautiful son for 9 months and so i dont care what it looks like... there's always spanx! lol!

I only gained a stone and a half throughout pregnancy, but it ALL went on my stomach, I carried all out in front. Jack only weighed 7lbs 8oz, but seeing my photo you can understand why the midwife kept telling me through the entire pregnancy that he was going to be a ten pounder! (scared the crap out of me as my sister was 10lbs 12oz and ripped my mum to bits!)

Haha you're not lazy hunny, you haven't seen my house, it's a tip! Just had no motivation to do anything at all lately because i'm busy running round like a lunatic for everyone else, and ben's no good, he cooks but doesn't tidy up as he goes along, so kitchen looks like a bombs hit it :(

I've started knitting a scarf for my friend fir christmas. Haven't knitted in ages, but with my attention span being as it is at the moment crochet was just too much like hard work. At least with knitting once the initial row is done there isn't constant counting (i'm not following a pattern, just plain knitting). Only problem is i bought some new 7mm needles to do a chunky scarf and did it 50 stitches wide! So it's taking forever! She better bloody like it, and it'll definitely keep her warm with the size of it lol! Anyway, I know how long knitting can take now, so consider your bum kicked and get some done! :)

i'll be going to bed soon, heatimg's on and i'm still fully dressed but i'm freezing!! Need to go to bed to warm up i think! xx

I know the "you don't look that weight" comments. Mum couldn't believe it when I told her. You are the opposite to me, My bottom half is bigger than my top. I measured 42", 33", 42" the other day which was amazing! I think it was just a good day. haha. I've got lots of 16s now and some 14s (eeii) New lovely coat for Christmas is a 14, fits but looks a little bit small which is good as it'll encourage me to keep going. the 16 was a little big, i had to button it on the smallest setting. It feels great doesn't it? Buying smaller sizes, not having to look at the back of the rail. I just pick out what I like and make mum pick out my sizes now!

I'm with you on the flabbiness too. My legs shocked me. They were hard, they're now squishy. As is my belly but my legs were what surprised me, I wasn't expecting it there. Last year I bought some size 22 jeans, refusing to buy a bigger size even though they were a little tight, the belt that came with them wouldn't do round my hips. It would go round my waist... on the biggest setting. I thought they had put a normal people belt with fat people jeans... nope DENIAL. I've not worn the jeans in forever, and I have to use the belt as my smallest jeans are an 18 and too big, but it now fastens on the smallest setting so I won't be using that for much longer :D

I am being totally lazy, but the dog wants to go chase things so I need to go down and lock the gate (mr tesco came today... he has SEVEN kids!) so he can roam about, and hopefully the fresh air will make me buzz round and tidy up the toys.

I prefer knitting to crocheting because you can pick it up and put it down no worries. Which is a good job as I ran out of wool on one project so i've to get the bus and trek a few towns over to get some more of it before it moves to it's new location on Monday.

Bloody hell Sammy! You look incredible! You've lost that in 6 months? Amazing!

Lovely to see you back!

Thank you hunny! It's good to be back! :) I've lost 3 stone 4.5lbs since the christening picture in just under 6 months, the additional stone and a half was my pregnancy weight which luckily came off a week after jack was born (the difference between the two before photos). xx

Fran it's so nice when you measure yourself and get a nice surprise isn't it?! I haven;t measured myself in about a month at least so will have to dig out the tape measure and try to have a go.I've always had an hourglass figure (like you do now too!) but I find it more of a hinderance because it means that if i don't wear something fitted i look frumpy, but before i lost the weight, if i wore fitted clothes i looked fat, so i couldn't win! now i wear mostly fitted clothes and have a pair of spanx to wear for my fat days (plus they add an extra layer and keep me warm lo!) I went to dorothy perkins today, picked up two size 12 pairs of jeans in the 2 for £25 section and tried them on and they fit (a little snug and small muffin top, but that will disappear with a few more pounds!) and it was great! I still have to stop myself as i still automatically start at the back looking for my size and have to remind myself i'm not that big anymore. I think it's going to be awful when i get to target because i was never bothered with clothes at all before but now i find myself going in shops and wanting to try on loads of things and i can't afford to! i only bought the jeans today because i had one pair of jeans that fit me (the skinny ones from Asda) and i can't wear those all the time! so i now have a wardrobe of 3 pairs of jeans and 3 tops that fit me and i just have to keep alternating between them all. Going to be bad when i have to start back at work next month and have to buy all new work clothes!

I've been there with the belt not doing up, i just thought it was the wrong size and threw it to one side. now all my belts are way too big for me and look like a hoop around me even on the tightest setting lol

right ladies, going to go to bed and try to warm up, but will chat to you in the morning, night night! xx

Night sammy, I think it was just a fluky day to be honest. haha. Aww 3 jeans and 3 tops is not enough! I wear a lot of my bigger stuff and smaller stuff too. Weirdly the bigger stuff now feels really uncomfortable and looks stupid, like you I should wear more fitted stuff. I SO NEED SPANX. If you look at secret sales and brand alley you can sometimes find some real good bargins, you might not see anything for weeks and then see a few things all at the same time. I have a lush lipsy dress from there with £100 off, this season. :D

night night Sammy. Lounge is tidy but still not done much else. It's too nice and snuggly in the lounge to move!

So close Jenna!! Maybe you could sneak it in next week?!

Just checking in to say have a lovely weekend! Currently in the taxi on the way to the airport - and I've just found out it's meant to snow in Prague this weekend! Woohoo!

I will miss you all lots!

Have a fab time emily x

Welcome back sammy! Its great that you have still managed to continue losing weight even with a few hectic weeks

Have a wonderful time Emily.

Jenna, you can weigh on Sunday if you want to, group members can go to different groups on different days so I figure you can weigh on a different day too.

Nate woke in the middle of the night, bounced all over me, wailed when I put him back to bed and then didn't wake until half nine. Handy when I wanted us to go out! It is pissing it down here too :( grr

Thanks ladies!

Have a great time in prague hunny, i've always wanted to go there!

It's freezing fog and ice here today :( meant to be going to the supermarket for my mum but it's not really safe to do so at the moment so going to go later. May end up going and collecting her and taking her to the hospital as on Monday i took her to town and when i brought her home and was getting her wheelchair back in the bungalow (it's not big enough for her to stay in whilst i take it in so she has to get out and stand) she fell backwards down two steps and crashed into the fence before landing between the concrete path and the foot gap where the flowers are (about a foot wide and a foot down). At the time she laughed it off, though you could see bruises,but this morning she's told me she thinks it's a cracked rib, but says she doesn't want to go to the hospital when i said i'll take her. think it will be a case of taking her, leaving her there with ben whilst i go get the shopping and then come back for them. So going to be another busy day i guess! xx

Got my phone back wahoo! And they didn't have to wipe the data :)

Welcome back Sammy! You look fab! Love the pics x

Emily have an.amazing time, I so wanted snow when we were there! So much so that I even bought a picture of the charles bridge covered in snow as my memento from the holiday, its been up in our bedroom ever since :)

Jenna- woohoo! So close now hun! You can do it before christmas I bet :) xx

Fran I must say you've inspired me to start knitting this last few days! Not done it for years as I've been more into crochet as I like that it builds so quickly but determined to make myself a scarf to match the beret I made last year. Well when I say match it will obv be different as one is knitted and one is crochet but its the same wool. Only got 4mm needles at the mo so using them to practice and get back into the swing as not knitted for years then will get some chunkier needles to do the scarf. Find it so theraputic and relaxing :)

Just seen the boys final performance of nativity, super cute but they are obv all tired. At the end they had to do two scenes they had totally forgotten to act out the first time round lol. One more week then off for Christmas :)

Raining cats and dogs here today, was supposed to be the day (postponed from November due to the rain) that my nans ashes were buried with my grandads in the crematorium gardens, I wasn't going to go cos of the nativity but mums just text saying its too waterlogged again so postponed again. Maybe nans doing it on purpose, she likes the urn :)

Yay scarlet :) oh I'm gas you are knitting again. I just spent another £27 on yarn! Eep. I got myself soe new size 16 jeans too. Just the £10 ones from new look. Left the house at 11am and got back at 4:30pm lots if body magic there! Got home and prepared dinner which is mostly cooking now. Sauteed new potatoes, frylighted courgette, steamed peas and broccoli and I will be frylight frying salmon marinated in sweet chilli sauces, garlic and soy sauce. Mmm

Well my crap week that was meant to end with a night of planning has turned into an impromptu train and night out in York with my best mates from Uni! Currently sat in my house in Durham, will be out in 3 hours in York xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back