20 somethings

Thanks Hun yeah I thought as much, never mind will syn some. Thanks again! Xx

That's not too bad for syns :) I have made higher syn mistakes in the past :)

How are all the 100% January girls doing? I know it is only day three, but still, haha. I think I have found some extra enthusiasm from somewhere. That big spot that looked like a burn was the size of a penny yesterday, this morning it was the size of a 5p, just seen it in the mirror and it is smaller again! Aha! Kill the spot my lovely vitamins! I don't feel quite as knackered either. I've sorted out all the tea towels and aprons (we have an overflowing drawer of each) swept up all the kitchen and been playing puzzles, words, arc and toolbench with the loon, played with the dog and made lots of pots of tea for poorly mutti. Not much but it is better than my wanting to lie down and sleep all the time.

Mutti made veg soup for lunch, I might have a small bowl and a sandwich to try and kick my hifi habit. And do some knitting which I stopped doing again because it is double knit and I was loving doing the chunky stuff.

Jenna I hate lateness too, I'd rather be an hour early than 5 minutes late. I used to have a friend who we used to tell the meeting time was 15 minutes earlier than it actually was so she would be on time.

Ahh the house is a fab little 2 bedroom detached, bedrooms are both large doubles, has brand new kitchen and bathroom, put in less than 2 years ago, all newly decorated, with a lovely little conservatory on the back, and a double garage :-D I LOVE it!!

Been planning all the lovely bits and bobs we can get to put in!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

House sounds fab Laura! Excited for you!

I was planning on not committing to 100% January til Monday but I've been trying and been doing it so far, although it has been only a few days as you say haha.

Last edited:
I am going to join you for as much of 100% January as I can! The 1st was a write-off but I've been on it so far (all day and a half of it..!).

My only problem on the horizon is I'm meant to be staying on an army base for a week for a course at the end of Jan. I was there for 3 weeks last year and it was quite tricky! They do soups and jacket potatoes for lunch (and the potatoes come with an entire separate plate of salad) but dinners can be a bit hit and miss. There are kitchens with fridges in the accommodation block but I can't remember what the cooking facilities are like and I also don't want to be anti-social and not eat with everyone else! Because it's a proper Officers Mess dinner is at a set time with napkin rings and the best silver so they frown on people sitting in there if they're not eating. The good news is there's a group just round the corner from the barracks that weighs on a Thurs evening so I don't have to miss a week.

The house sounds wonderful Laura! You can have a quiet Valentine's dinner in together in your own space!

I have been so hungry today! I think I've given my body some vitamins and nutrients and it's just calling out for more!

Sounds like you just have to do the best you can with whats available Emily. There are some situations that are unavoidable and just have to deal with it I reckon :)

I know what you mean Fran, I feel a bit like that too! Here's to a great January :)

Doing work for school at the moment, hard to get back into it :(

Agree Fran, I feel the same! I needed a week of eating and feeling yuck to get back to it!

I'm doing the same Ciara, but seem to have found myself avoiding the data analysis and looking at home furnishings online haha. Xxx

Lol usually minimins. I decided I didn't like the pattern I was knitting, so I've unraveled it and i'm just going to do plain knit purl because the yarn changes colour all the time anyway, so any pattern doesn't come through.

Also trying not to weigh myself at home this week so I get a proper surprise (hopefully a good one) on Wednesday. I dunno if I will manage it though :/ the lure of the serial weigh is so strong. It's a year today since I went to the GP to be referred to sw, and I am 5st2lbs less today :) in 2 weeks it'll be my sw anniversary, hoping to be back to my lowest by then :)

Have just tracked my weight loss for this week and I kid you not in 8 weigh ins I've lost 2.5lbs!!!! That is rubbish, if the gains I'd had (only small but all add up) had instead been maintains it would have been 5.5lbs!! Thought I was doing well over the last couple of months just losing a bit slower but looking at that has made me realise I need to get my arse in gear and sort it out, no excuses!!

I need to lose 2lbs to get my 2stone award again and 3lbs to get below my lowest SW weight! Getting to 11st4 would show me an overweight BMI instead of obese for the first time in around 3 years...lots of little goals to work towards and a new determination too! Urgh!!!

Here's hoping 100% January does the trick!! Xxx

I think 100% January will give your weightloss that kick in the bum and you'll get there in no time :) x

Thanks lovely, feel like I've wasted 8 weeks, but then when I think what the damage would be without sw I know I'm being stupid! Xxx

you can do it! here's to your plowing forth and saying bye to that 3lbs :) So excited for us all!!! Laura, you haven't wasted 8 weeks if you feel enthusiastic now and it's shaken you up a bit in a good way. that's how I see my december gain. November -8.5, December +5 January (so far) -1, so I could say the same as you, but December has proved it's purpose and I'm looking for a super January.

you can do it! here's to your plowing forth and saying bye to that 3lbs :) So excited for us all!!! Laura, you haven't wasted 8 weeks if you feel enthusiastic now and it's shaken you up a bit in a good way. that's how I see my december gain. November -8.5, December +5 January (so far) -1, so I could say the same as you, but December has proved it's purpose and I'm looking for a super January.

Thanks Fran, you're right!! I'm gunning for slimmer of the month this month, want around 7lbs off, which I know I am more than capable of...hoping the exercise doesn't cause a water gain, but will take anything as it comes because I know in the long run I really want to get fit!!

Excited to move out too, especially as OH works away most mon-fri between now and Easter, so I will be totally in control. Most certainly won't buying in any rubbish, cos if its there there's only me to eat it haha! Xxx

God Fran, wish I could lose it in a week haha! Xx

Yeah I wouldn't worry about gains people might say happen when you start exercising. Personally for me that doesn't matter at all, just want to get fitter and healthier

Back