20 somethings

alot of brides end up in completely different dresses to what they thought they wanted, when are you going dress trying again?

The assistants didn't leave us alone for even a second otherwise the phone would have been snapping away! Going round leeds on the 19th to try some more dresses on and now i know what styles suit me and what i like i can spend time just trying on dresses i'll like rather than having to whittle it down from so many. Once I have just a few that i like (as long as i don't get one that goes WOW when i try it on in leeds) then i'll arrange to try each dress on in the same say so my mind is fresh and i can compare them and make a decision and then the challenge will be finding it cheap for me! The first dress is a bargain at only £575, though that's still out of my budget, and the fairy princes dress is on sale at the moment, was £1320 and now £750, which is a great saving, but still out of budget. Once I know what I want i'll call all the outlet stores anywhere near me to see if they have the one I want and go get it :) Should save a decent amount then :) xx

hopefully! i dont know when to go dress shopping as i want to lose as much weight as possible but also dont want to leave it to last minute in case it needs altering, may go in early july to the outlet store in leicester as chances are i will walk away with a dress same day anyway as its a fair trek to go back again and i cant afford anywhere else lol

re wedding dresses, the dress altering lady mum goes to (and I will be dragging a bunch of stuff to soon) said in nearly all shops you pick what you like and they get the nearest size to you from china, and she is forever altering wedding and bridesmaid dresses that are from proper shops, and none of them fit, so just a warning to get it in time to get it altered hun.

Oh wow Sammie! Those dresses are both beautiful! My friend I was a bridesmaid for a couple of years ago always wanted something sleek and simple, but she tried on a princess dress to humour us and ended up totally in love with it! She looked amazing.

They eventually let us take pictures at the final fitting - once she was all paid up!

Scarlett, hopefully there'll be something sparkling other than the snow out there!

I just did an online shop on the OH's laptop and when I went to type in the web address it came up with the latest searches - "bespoke ethical engagement rings" !!!! Squeeeeeeeee! I'm going to need perfectly manicured nails at all times!

The wedding dress assistants told me that they will usually start alterations about 8 weeks before the wedding hunny so you may want to leave it no later than mid June to make sure you get a gorgeous dress and have time to find a reasonably priced alteration service to get it done. My recommendation would be to research alteration services near you first, call them and ask how much and how far in advance you need to start fittings. that way you'll know the latest you need to have your dress by and there'll be no last minute panics.

One of my maids of honour said that an old friend of hers found a dress she loved and got a replica of it from a chinese site at a greatly reduced price and it was gorgeous, but i'm a bit worried in case it's bad quality and then i'm buggered. Another friend got hers custom made online and just said the best thing to do was to add an inch to all of the sizes you give them so that if there is any issue you can get it altered when you get it, which is good advice. I'll post the links to the dresses on the chinese site, as you'll see, they're massive savings!

Here's the fairytale dress, would work out at just £220.88! Ellis Bridal Wedding Dress Style 11286 :: Ellis Bridal :: Wedding Dresses :: Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Gowns, Flowergirl Dresses, Mother Dresses, Prom Dresses and Accessories from Store Of Dress

And the other would only be £212.88! Search results :: Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Gowns, Flowergirl Dresses, Mother Dresses, Prom Dresses and Accessories from Store Of Dress

Would probably have to pay some inport taxes on it, but would still be way cheaper than buying the dress over here xx

No it's not weird at all. It's all about you telling yourself you are worth putting yourself first and taking care of yourself :) I hope tuesday goes well for you. All I'll say is a tub of pringles isn't all I ate on my birthday, and I ate them ALL

You know your right it is isn't it :) hehe Pringles once u start u just can't stop! X

Can't remember if i told you girls but My mum surprised me with Robbie tickets for wembley the other day! We couldn't afford them when they were released and thought they had all sold out but after she got her inheritance through from my nan she decided to check and there were a few tickets left for 5th July so we are going then! So excited! It's only a week before my birthday too so even better! I love Robbie so actually can't wait :)
Just been trying all my ski gear on to make sure it still fits! Bought it all quite a few months ago and sure my weight is a bit higher now than it was then but it all fits. Phew! 2 weeks today we shall be having out first evening in the hotel preparing to start our first day skiing the following morning! Been doing my pre ski exercises this evening, they are tough! Bit like the shred in some ways so in hoping they will help with toning me up a bit! Will also get back into shred this week to give myself an arse kicking before we go.
Loved dancing on ice tonight, off to bed now to dream of being an ice dancer! Haha xx

Ooo robbie u lucky thing he is one I would love to see. Bet u are so excited about skiing, I went when I was 16 with school and loved it (although I was rubbish!,) oh and DOI was fab fab fab x

Hi ladies, been so busy and tired so not been on for a couple of days! Not feeling too good at the moment, been having stomach pains on and off for last few days and the for 2 hours this evening I got awful pain which was constant but had stronger waves coming throughout it and it went right through to my back. It was so bad I was considering going to a&e but it'd calmed down a bit now so I wont. Hope it doesn't come back though.

I went wedding dress shopping yesterday ladies! Tried on about 40 dresses (not exaggerating there either!) and found two I really like. One is pretty much what I always imagined i'd wear, but the other is COMPLETELY mental and nothing like I ever thought i'd go near, really princessy and HUGE! but I love it! I only tried it on to humour my maid of honour, didn't expect to like it! Would any ladies like to see photos.....?! :p xx

Hope u feel better soon sammy definitely keep an eye on it. Just 40 dresses? Hehe! X

haha ok :) unfortunately they're not photos of me in the dress as i wasn't allowed to take any, so these are images from online. The first one's not from the designer's website as there is no way to link to the specific dress, just the site, so you'd have to trawl through looking for the name and that would take forever if you didn't have an idea of what you were looking for, so it's just a photo of it that I found on another site.

This first one is the kind of wedding dress I always imagined i'd have... Wedding Dress D4031 Eternity Bride - tell the bride

And this is the fairytale glamour princess dress that I never EVER ever thought I would like at all... Bodice & Bustle : Quality Wedding Gowns

xx

Wow Hunni they are both beautiful but when I saw the second one a little wow did leave my mouth it's gorge. Eeek did u manage to not cry? X

Oh wow Sammie! Those dresses are both beautiful! My friend I was a bridesmaid for a couple of years ago always wanted something sleek and simple, but she tried on a princess dress to humour us and ended up totally in love with it! She looked amazing.

They eventually let us take pictures at the final fitting - once she was all paid up!

Scarlett, hopefully there'll be something sparkling other than the snow out there!

I just did an online shop on the OH's laptop and when I went to type in the web address it came up with the latest searches - "bespoke ethical engagement rings" !!!! Squeeeeeeeee! I'm going to need perfectly manicured nails at all times!

Oooooo another bride. Did u wanna scream a little? Lol! I bet you have a little sly smile? X

Ooh how exciting!!! Yup, perfectly manicured nails needed at all times now hunny! I love being in my 20's when everyone's getting engaged or married, so exciting! :) xx

id probably use the sam woman my sister used and she bought her dress from china and had it altered within 3 weeks of the wedding

same*

That's good then hunny, i'd book her so she knows to keep some time free for you too hunny and that way you dont have any worries then. Where did your sister get her dress from hunny? Was it good quality? Would be good to have some actual recommendations xx

Jo somehow I managed not to cry, I think I was just a little overwhelmed with it all and didn't really take it all in! It's a big blur now! Was a wonderful day though :) xx

my sister bought hers from dhgate.com and i was very suprised, it was very good quality material and i couldnt find anything wrong with it

That's good then hunny, i'd book her so she knows to keep some time free for you too hunny and that way you dont have any worries then. Where did your sister get her dress from hunny? Was it good quality? Would be good to have some actual recommendations xx

Jo somehow I managed not to cry, I think I was just a little overwhelmed with it all and didn't really take it all in! It's a big blur now! Was a wonderful day though :) xx

Glad u had such a good day Hun, u deserve it x

Thanks hunny, i'll have a look at that site then. Was it a dress she'd tried on in the shop and then ordered from them instead or just one she saw online and liked and bought? xx

20121117_130634.jpg just one she saw on the actual site and like (she planned her wedding in about 2 months so didnt have time for much) this is her in it before we left the house

I totally have a suppressed grin on every time I think about it! Weddings came up so often with all parts of our families over Christmas so I think that's got him thinking even more!

My bridesmaid dress was from lightinthebox - it was alright, looked beautiful, but the lining looked really cheap if you got too close and by the end of the day some of the internal stitching had come undone (possibly thanks to alterations I had).

I definitely agree with adding at least an inch as the sizing came up small even on the slim bridesmaids.

Thanks for the picture hunny, it looks lovely! I've just looked at the site and they do the dresses i've liked so far, though reading through it, it does say the dress will only be 90-96% the same as the original dress. I guess if I was having it altered I could have anything I didn't like changed before hand as long as it's not one of the main details that I like that are different. I've not heard of the site before so thank you for recommending it :) xx

thats ok hun, i still recommend outlet stores first though as they are brand new dresses and havent been worn for weddings or anything and well cheap, may be worth going there and trying some on as you may find 'the one'

Back