20 somethings

Hello all!! Hope you're all having a good day. I really wish i could learn how to do the multiple reply thing you all do!!

Jess, hello. I'm intrigued where you are in sw magazine. You sound like a real inspiration!

X

Hello sammie! I still don't know how to do the multiple reply thing either but I'm on the app on my iPhone haha, I'm in the mag in an advert for Frylight as they asked me to be the face of the brand! X

Jess when you click people's name bar, thing above their post does it give you a tick box? If so tick the ones you want to unite and when you tap the reply button it should give you the option to multi quote. That's what my ipad does and I think it's a similar ap.

Jess when you click people's name bar, thing above their post does it give you a tick box? If so tick the ones you want to unite and when you tap the reply button it should give you the option to multi quote. That's what my ipad does and I think it's a similar ap.

Thanks Scarlett just trying it out to see if it works :p

Okenno that sounds lovely. I hate French toast but it sounds lovely for the kids. Porridge is a kiddy favourite here, as are eggs and beans.

I had a full flabbers this morning. I used to not do breakfast, now I love it.

I love porridge too! I add in a muller and it makes it so creamy and yum xx

Morning/Afternoon. I slept in until 11am this morning and then had to rush over to Aldi to meet my Mum. I brought the puppy with me and my eldest, and my lovely mother bought me my omellette maker and food processor. Can't wait to start mincing haha

Hubby had breakfast ready for me when I got home, syn free sausages, eggs, beans and bacon. Delish.
Sat here now drinking my apple and pear squash...almost a pint gone! I'm doing really well with water so far, which is amazeballs, cos I HATE drinking water.
Going to laze around now with my Kindle. I'm reading the Dark Hunter series...I lurve it! Have heard it's going to be made into a movie and TV series too, which is cool. Another series I read a few years ago is due out in the cinema this year - The Mortal Instruments - can't wait for that!

No idea what to have for dinner today. Not really in the mood for a Sunday Roast type dinner. Think I'll just have a two egg omellette in my new omellette maker, with SW chips and veg.

Well done Jess ;) I throw in defrosted berries and sometimes sliced banana too. Nate LOVES porridge but god does he make a mess!

He had his hair cut yesterday and looks like such a little boy now. And is becoming quite a sod at times. He now climbs everything like a monkey and throws himself around like I don't know what!

Mandy - not in the mood for a roast!?! Are you mad? We are having pork today. It needs cutting in half first because it is so big. Dad was supposed to cut it but I think i'll just hack at it as he is busy and mum is sewing. It cant be too hard to cut it in half can it? I can joint a chicken. I love pork. I'm ok with doing roast pork and chicken, but I am not confident with lamb or beef because we like it very pink and I don't want to ruin it.

Morning/Afternoon. I slept in until 11am this morning and then had to rush over to Aldi to meet my Mum. I brought the puppy with me and my eldest, and my lovely mother bought me my omellette maker and food processor. Can't wait to start mincing haha

Hubby had breakfast ready for me when I got home, syn free sausages, eggs, beans and bacon. Delish.
Sat here now drinking my apple and pear squash...almost a pint gone! I'm doing really well with water so far, which is amazeballs, cos I HATE drinking water.
Going to laze around now with my Kindle. I'm reading the Dark Hunter series...I lurve it! Have heard it's going to be made into a movie and TV series too, which is cool. Another series I read a few years ago is due out in the cinema this year - The Mortal Instruments - can't wait for that!

No idea what to have for dinner today. Not really in the mood for a Sunday Roast type dinner. Think I'll just have a two egg omellette in my new omellette maker, with SW chips and veg.
Have to agree with fran! Not in the mood for a roast? I love a roast, all time favourite! I need to start drinking more water, always say I'm going to do it but I hate water, I drink far too much Pepsi max, I go through probably 1 and a half to 2 big bottles a day :S x

Well done Jess ;) I throw in defrosted berries and sometimes sliced banana too. Nate LOVES porridge but god does he make a mess!

He had his hair cut yesterday and looks like such a little boy now. And is becoming quite a sod at times. He now climbs everything like a monkey and throws himself around like I don't know what!

Mandy - not in the mood for a roast!?! Are you mad? We are having pork today. It needs cutting in half first because it is so big. Dad was supposed to cut it but I think i'll just hack at it as he is busy and mum is sewing. It cant be too hard to cut it in half can it? I can joint a chicken. I love pork. I'm ok with doing roast pork and chicken, but I am not confident with lamb or beef because we like it very pink and I don't want to ruin it.
I love pork too! I'm not doing a roast today as my oven is broken, bloody landlord is driving me mad, it was broken for 5 weeks before Christmas, then he got an electrician to come fix it for Christmas, lasted 4 days and went off on New Years eve, been broken since, resorted to buying a slow cooker which is great but not for every day, want my oven!! So waiting on someone coming out this week, it's just silly really, since living in this place my landlord has had over 20 grand off me in rent, you'd think he'd pull his finger out and get this sorted as quick as possible for me. I'm too soft to shout and get arsey so just sit and wait like an idiot :( x

I'm having some leftover chilli con carne today for lunch

I'm giving blood this afternoon for the first time hopefully! Hope it all goes well

Fran you need to get one of those electric carving knives. I'm sure that would go through the meat like butter!
And yeah, I think I've just had so many roast dinners over the Xmas and New Year period that I'm fed up of them! Besides, we had pork yesterday. Sometimes the nicest meals are the simplest...beans on toast is a fave!

Jess, I'd be the same with the landlord. I lived in an apartment for 5 years, and spent two of those asking for a new bed! Grrr!

Landlords really do take the mick sometimes, all they want is their monthly rent, because I'm young they treat me like I'm stupid and they know I'm soft! Oh and I forgot to tell you girls!
I went to meet my surgeon and he was lovely, most embarrassing experience of my life tho!! I went in the room and there was my surgeon, a hunky student doctor and a nurse and the surgeon says 'we are just going to pop out the room for a moment and when we come back in could you be in only your knickers please' I was like OH MY GOD!! So off they went and to my knick knacks I got. They all come back in and make me stand in the middle of the room as they all stare and the surgeon prods and probes me everywhere, then he asks if he can pull my Knicks down at the bum so he can have a look, I think I must have been the colour of ketchup, so humiliating!! Anyway after all that he said 'I'm afraid I won't be doing your tummy tuck' my heart sank! And then!! He said 'I'm going to do a full body lift' and apparently that is an incision going right the way round my stomach and above my bottom resulting in loose skin being removed from stomach, sides and back, bum being pulled up and tightened which will result in upper legs to be lifted to, I cried like a little girl with happiness, he basically said a tummy tuck will be pointless as my back and bottom is loose too and in tightening my stomach I will have what they call dog ears, so it's all agreed and I'm on the waiting list but he said it will be this spring! Xx

Landlords really do take the mick sometimes, all they want is their monthly rent, because I'm young they treat me like I'm stupid and they know I'm soft! Oh and I forgot to tell you girls!
I went to meet my surgeon and he was lovely, most embarrassing experience of my life tho!! I went in the room and there was my surgeon, a hunky student doctor and a nurse and the surgeon says 'we are just going to pop out the room for a moment and when we come back in could you be in only your knickers please' I was like OH MY GOD!! So off they went and to my knick knacks I got. They all come back in and make me stand in the middle of the room as they all stare and the surgeon prods and probes me everywhere, then he asks if he can pull my Knicks down at the bum so he can have a look, I think I must have been the colour of ketchup, so humiliating!! Anyway after all that he said 'I'm afraid I won't be doing your tummy tuck' my heart sank! And then!! He said 'I'm going to do a full body lift' and apparently that is an incision going right the way round my stomach and above my bottom resulting in loose skin being removed from stomach, sides and back, bum being pulled up and tightened which will result in upper legs to be lifted to, I cried like a little girl with happiness, he basically said a tummy tuck will be pointless as my back and bottom is loose too and in tightening my stomach I will have what they call dog ears, so it's all agreed and I'm on the waiting list but he said it will be this spring! Xx

Jess that's fab news! Not the knickers but haha but you must be so happy :)

Guess the humiliation was well worth it! Delighted for you! You'll have to do some swimsuit pics when you're healed up haha.
I'd be mortified standing there in my undies too. They could have gotten a female surgeon! Argh!

Actually, just thinking about this... you're going to have to sleep standing up! I can only imagine the amount of pain you'll be in after. Will you have a drain inserted for long?
I only had keyhole surgery for my appendectomy but it took me two weeks to be able to roll over in bed!

Humiliation well worth it! Surgeon said what they will do is make an incision along on my knicker line and then an incision about 8 to 9 inches up way above my belly button, remove the skin, create a new belly button and sit me forward while I'm asleep to fasten me back up!! Then roll me over and continue the incision to above my bottom almost going into my bum crack (sorry tmi!) remove skin from back and sides and pull bum and thighs up, il have 4 drains for probably around 2 weeks, 2 in the front either side and 2 in the back either side, theyl be able to be removed when they are draining a certain level of fluid. But apparently il have to walk bent over for around 3 weeks and slowly sort of ease myself up, to see full results they say 6 months cos of swelling and things, il be in hosp for 5 days then come home to recover, they say around 6 to 8 weeks till u start to feel more comfortable and be able to do normal things x

It seems like a hard recovery, but I'm sure you'll have lots of help and you'll be back to yourself in no time... and much, much happier "in your skin" as they say :)

It seems like a hard recovery, but I'm sure you'll have lots of help and you'll be back to yourself in no time... and much, much happier "in your skin" as they say :)

Very true! Cannot wait, it will be tough and I know I'm not going to ever look like a super model and have the perfect body but for me that's not what it's about, people keep saying oh but what about the scars! But for me il be proud of them, it will be my reminder of what I've achieved, plus I plan to get tattooed over them anyway, I have designed a piece dedicated to slimming world :D xx

Attachments

• image-847409632.jpg
    image-847409632.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hi everyone!!

I am sooo hungover :-( currently still chilling out in bed, having a very lazy and unproductive day - I love it!!

Eeeeee hello Jess you lovely bugger!!! You've been really missed, glad you're well and so excited for you're op!! Sounds great!

Hi to all newbies too and good luck!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh jess, hot doctors, my nightmare, lol!

Your so brave going for such a big surgery.

Potting round the house today as i'm starting a new job tomoro.Can't wait actually! I've the house all cleaned this morning.

After that, i'm moving into my new swish house on friday! Delighted I tell you!

Having some pasta and tuna salad for lunch.. Not really in the mood for much else! Having a SW pork stir fry later as well! Dark soy sauce is free isn't it?

Back