20 somethings

Fran those are brilliant tips, thank you :) I do have the soup book but have only made the tomato and basil one, which was lovely. I am not worried about the half because that will go easily.

I haven't done a online shop yet as went to Sainsburys last night so am sorted for a good few days but we are going to try online for a month and I am hoping I will see some good results.

What did you do with your scan bran? I find it so filling and its great for losses the next week

What's on BBC4? I don't have the remote tonight so don't get to pick tv today

There was a programme about the emergence of the pre-ravelites, and now it's a programme about... well it is suppose to be pilgrimages, but it is about ruins mostly. Mum and Dad are out so I've got the tv to myself again :D and pooey football is on. boo.

I used your cherry almond cake recipe actually! mum went nuts for it and stole some of mine :( I used the oat one though because that's all my C had in.

I like that kind of show too. I just find them really enjoyable and I like factual and history shows lots

So glad you tried the cherry bakewell one, its nice isn't it, it took me a few attempts to get right but the almond and cherry combo is so good

Hmm Christie, your holiday time is for you, as is your wedding and honeymoon - ok, that's for your OH too, but it isn't for your sister! She can't expect you to have her kids for 2 weeks. I hope you have a nice time tomorrow, despite your siblings! How odd, it is my dad's birthday on Wednesday. It's strange they're so close. Glad your OHs family are lovely. :)

My dads is next friday, and the guy we live with is the same day too lol we paid for my mum and dad to go to blackpool on a weekend coach trip next weekend though so celebrating with him this weekend instead, may meet them in blackpool next weekend though as we will be in Manchester and its only a fiver return coach each lol

I watch nashville too fran

What's Nashville?

Ch that is such a lovely thing for you to do. I am sure they will have a great time, my parents often do coach trips and they love them. Their favorite place seems to be Torquay x

Oh ok, I haven't heard of the show but glad you two enjoy it.

Well Good Morning Ladies and Happy International Women's Day and its Friday!! X

Morning all well I've told my friend I'm I'll but still planning on going (white lie as don't want her to be arsey about it) and she was like 'no way - no one is backing out!!'

I mean, it's not like we've booked hotels or anything, and there Are lots of people going, she has backed out of things before due to being skint etc, and I am genuinely really poorly now - sods law!!

I really can't be bothered as all my single friends will be out on the pull and I will be left like a bloody lemon!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ohh nashville I really wanted to watch that will have to catch up on it. I went to nashville in 2011 when travelling it was amazing I saw britney and nicki minaj there too! Was an amazing place!

Fran would you mind giving me the tomato and basil soup recipe? Sounds lovely. I love brocolli and stilton too.

I had an amazing dinner the other night creamy cajun chicken wasn't sure about it but thought i'd trial it and I loved it tasted so cheesey.

I think I'm gonna try and eat some scan bran next week. May make ferrero rochers or some sort of food with scan bran in just to see how it affects my loss.

Star a girl after my own heart...Friday!!! :)

Well I managed a sts this week which is fine after my monster dessert which on its own comes in at a whopping 32 syns lol plus some days ive had a sneaky extra slice of bread cos my OH bought the big loaf instead of the small and ive not counted the syns for it, plus the bag of giant white buttons I scoffed to make me feel better after all the stress lol

Haha CH you make me laugh with all the extras there :) But did you enjoy them? Sometimes its easier to have a couple of days of what you fancy to help you stick in the long term.

I had an amazing dinner the other night creamy cajun chicken wasn't sure about it but thought i'd trial it and I loved it tasted so cheesey.

I think I'm gonna try and eat some scan bran next week. May make ferrero rochers or some sort of food with scan bran in just to see how it affects my loss.

How do you make that chicken and what are the syns? It sounds Yummy!

Also good luck with the scan bran, i made those and they were nice but because i don't like scan bran i used extra Nutella and that didn't help my syns lol x

I think star did tomato and basil. I like tomato, veg and lentil. Smooth soups make me vom so it needs to be chunky broth or chunky stew. It's weird and stupid I know.

We went to the church's toddler group today to force Nate into interacting with other kids. Two were picking on him and I just wanted to give him a huge cuddle, but he needs to man up a bit and assert himself back. But we made a card for nana and he did some nice playing. Stupid mean god kids not letting nate play. He did make me laugh. He will see a toy he wants, and when a child has stopped playing with it he stealthily makes off with it. Another child dropped something and it rolled away and he ran after it, picked it up and handed it back to the child that dropped it. PROUD! I was proud too because as soon as I stepped in i was told there are doughnuts and pain au chocolat in the kitchen for the adults and I said "no thanks" and she asked how slimming was going and I got to say i got my 5 stone award this week. :) some of the other mums go to another one my c does on a Tuesday night in another town. So it was really nice chatting today. Some laughed at my being naughty during the god story. "sarah was very old and really wanted a baby and god kept his promise and gave her one" (i didn't snicker at god giving her one which was great restraint, but i did say that sarah learned to be careful what she wishes for. Hehe. I only said it to the lady next to me. And we were both saying amusing things to "the nice things mummy does for me" Hehe.

Haha Fran love that, God giving her one!

I am the opposite, i like smooth soups because chunky ones make me feel like you do for smooth :) If its tomato and basil that's wanted I can post a recipe over the weekend, its everso simple, tasty and freezes well x

Hey ladies! I hope you're all doing okay.

Well done on your STS, Christie! You do make me giggle with your extras. I've got a real craving for white chocolate buttons now though!

Muzza, I also want this Cajun Chicken recipe - it sounds lush!

I hope you feel better soon, Laura. It's typical - you sort of will yourself ill to avoid something so you can enjoy something else (even if it's just free time) and then you genuinely get sick. If you do end up going I hope you enjoy it. You might be pleasantly surprised! It's just a bit gutting having to spend money when you don't want to.

Fran, Nate sounds like such a sweetie. Good on you for avoiding the tasty treats - you've more willpower than me!

Feeling much brighter today. My boss finally realised that we have no actual policy for our current work, which has been super stressing me out as I can't just get on with anything, and we'll agree something verbally and my colleague starts doing it a totally different way. He used my foundation work as a basis, we talked through it all as a team to iron out a lot of the issues and now I've been tasked with drawing up some process and structure diagrams. I feel useful!

We went to a White Stuff sale event last night and I had a mixed result. A size 12 dress was too snug, size 12 trousers were giving me serious muffin top (yet the size 12 pair I currently have from them keep falling down), but I bought 2 size 10 tops! I've attached some pictures. The twisted t-shirt is just so lovely - the knot means it hangs in a very flattering way. The jumper is the most gorgeous pinky coral colour (called sweet sorbet) and I just couldn't resist! Thrilled to be able to buy 10s, even if it's a baggy jumper. I just wish I could get trousers and dresses!

We also went out for dinner at Zizzi's (I've fancied it since they put the new Zizzi Food Optimising Guide up on the SW site) and it was really great to just chill out together - no special event, just chatting and relaxing. Plus we have a Taste Card so it was half price. I had olives (2 syns for 16) and then roast lamb shoulder with cannellini beans and roasted peppers. Yum! I successfully ignored his aruncini (deep fried balls of rice with cheese in the middle) and his amaretti cheesecake (a serious feat!)

Attachments

• twist-and-like-tee-IMG403173_GREY_GOOSE.jpg
    twist-and-like-tee-IMG403173_GREY_GOOSE.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 405295_SWEET_SORB.jpg
    405295_SWEET_SORB.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 21
Haha CH you make me laugh with all the extras there :) But did you enjoy them? Sometimes its easier to have a couple of days of what you fancy to help you stick in the long term.

I did enjoy them, now im thinking I may try for a green week next week as I tend to do mostly red and ee and fancy something a bit less meaty but not sure what to have

Hey ladies! I hope you're all doing okay.

Well done on your STS, Christie! You do make me giggle with your extras. I've got a real craving for white chocolate buttons now though!

I really think they should make chocolate more expensive as its an addiction just like alcohol and fags, im sure I could quit chocolate then, but in the meantime one bag (even if it was a share bag! Oops!) isnt so bad every so often I suppose lol

I just went into the sweetshop! I am really testing myself now ladies, I bought a small (ish) pick a mix of various chocolate and sweets that I loved in my childhood and I am determined to make them last for as long as possible by only have one when I have enough syns for one, hoping this will help my willpower a lot! And help me make better choices when im out shopping and see a giant bag of buttons staring at me! Lol

Back