20 somethings

Looks rather lol stupid phone :/

Hi everyone, OH and I have today had our first big argument since moving in together (and probably in the last couple of years if I'm honest!!) and I'm gutted. I totally over reacted, he under-reacted (I.e. me crying, him tidying up!!), which is usually how these things go. We rarely fall out, but once every blue moon we rub each other up the wrong way and it ends up being a big deal about nothing!

The argument was over something really small and ridiculous, but we've spent the weekend bickering and leading up to it really and that's why I got upset! I think he's realised he was also in the wrong as he's now gone to the footy clearly feeling bad and with his tale between his legs!

I'm gonna spend the day getting the house ready for my best 3 girlfriends coming to visit tomorrow, then OH annoyingly invited his parents round for dinner at 8pm tonight, which he will be cooking!

I just have that horrible deflated feeling you get after an argument and a good cry! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh hun. I hope you feel better soon. I'd make him cook too lol xxx

Looks pretty Christie :) x

Morning (or afternoon) lovelies how are we all?

Weigh in day for me today, As of last wed I was 4 pounds on after 2 weeks off plan but I got back on it thurs and have been good all weekend (not a drop of alcohol) so hoping to have cut the four pound down to 2 or below by tonight...we will see

How has everyones week been? synful or synfree?

Well done on not drinking all weekend! Mines been a bit synful but hopefully pull something back by friday

That's it christie at least with a fri weigh in you have a chance to pull it back. (fingers crossed for you)

Scareltt what day do you weigh in on? somewhere in the middle is much better than off the rails :) you are so good keeping a diary I always try to but forget after the first morning haha

I weigh Thursday mornings now but I used to weigh on a Monday and would start my syns then so that on a Friday I could tot up what I had left from 105 and be able to enjoy myself without blowing it.
I need to be able to be accountable to my diary or I'll go off the rails I know what I'm like! Having a really hungry few days so need to just keep that under control. Already up to 10syns today so need to rein it in so I don't go over. Will do my weekly countdown this week.

Sounds good: very under control. I can't remember where I have been reading lately (think it might be the actual slimming world website) and it keeps saying up to 10 syns a day. Have they changed this and not told anyone,does anyone know? I haven't been told however I rarely stay to class. well up to 15 syns a day works for me: it has got me this far.

Yeah you're right scarlett! Maybe i'll cut them down a bit soon, I have a new goal, which is to get my 6 stone award by start of July as I am going up to see friends (and an ex lives there) so will be good to have hit this target. I have 1 stone 3.5 pounds to lose in 12 weeks I think it's doable...I hope xx

That's very doable muzza, I would like to loose that in about that time so ill try with u if you want? I've joined the summer countdown last week which is roughly 15 weeks and I want to have lost 16lb by then minimum!

I'm weighing in tonight.... Nervous as I've been so good but have a feeling it won't show :( just a gut feeling!

Sounds doable muzza I agree, although unless your losses are slowing I don't see the need to cut down syns. Nice to show an ex you are doing better without him haha!
Aww clare sure you'll be fine if it doesn't show though the most important thing is to remember you've been good and just stick with it rather than feeling low and falling off the wagon because of it. Stick with it and it will catch up next week. Of course you might have had a great loss but just don't feel it! Our bodies are weird things sometimes!

Thanks guys, yeah I agree our bodies are weird. Well i just need to get off some of the damage from last week and be bk on it ready to do it. My body is getting comfortable with the amount ive lost now and how it feels so it is slowing down a lot. so will wait and see about reducing syns. At least I have something to aim for now :)

Yeah Claire (sorry if i got your name wrong) I'm def up for doing it with you spur eachother on...Good luck tonight I feel your pain, although I will be happy if i put a pound or less on as have been so bad for last two weeks but back on it since thurs. Going to half 5 weigh in aswell which never helps me I usually put on at that time

I've always heard have at least 5 syns a day, although I don't try to boost mine if I'm at 3.5 or something for the day (although that hasn't happened for a while...). My C advises to have no more than 10 a day as people are more inclined to underestimate and forget things, so that gives you some leaway there - or leaway if you fall off the wagon a bit.

I've got my cousin's wedding this weekend and I'm so nervous about it. I've lost a lot of weight since I last saw most of my dad's family, but I'm not where I'd hoped to be. The holiday gain was not what I needed!

It was also the OH's birthday on Fri. I had the best of intentions but they all went out the window. I had it all planned - bought myself a thermos mug to put my soup in etc - and then left it all behind. Admittedly I didn't even try after that - we stopped at a service station and had Burger King (39 syns - when I could easily have got something sensible from M&S) - and then went to an engagement party where I was on double vodka and diet cokes (20 syns). On Saturday we took his parents out and they chose a Chinese restaurant so that wasn't brilliant either. I'm pretty annoyed with myself. I really needed to pull it back this week and it just hasn't happened.

On the plus side I had a lovely dress in a Size 12! I would just like to feel a bit slimmer without my suck-it-all-in pants on! Now to find the perfect shoes...

Attachments

• 151635121_large.jpg
    151635121_large.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 37
I've always heard have at least 5 syns a day, although I don't try to boost mine if I'm at 3.5 or something for the day (although that hasn't happened for a while...). My C advises to have no more than 10 a day as people are more inclined to underestimate and forget things, so that gives you some leaway there - or leaway if you fall off the wagon a bit.

I've got my cousin's wedding this weekend and I'm so nervous about it. I've lost a lot of weight since I last saw most of my dad's family, but I'm not where I'd hoped to be. The holiday gain was not what I needed!

It was also the OH's birthday on Fri. I had the best of intentions but they all went out the window. I had it all planned - bought myself a thermos mug to put my soup in etc - and then left it all behind. Admittedly I didn't even try after that - we stopped at a service station and had Burger King (39 syns - when I could easily have got something sensible from M&S) - and then went to an engagement party where I was on double vodka and diet cokes (20 syns). On Saturday we took his parents out and they chose a Chinese restaurant so that wasn't brilliant either. I'm pretty annoyed with myself. I really needed to pull it back this week and it just hasn't happened.

On the plus side I had a lovely dress in a Size 12! I would just like to feel a bit slimmer without my suck-it-all-in pants on! Now to find the perfect shoes...

Don't beat yourself up. We all have times where life gets in the way and with regards to the BK I wouldn't worry some pre made sandwiches can come out pretty sinful!!! Xxx

Emily that dress is so sweet. You know how far you have come, and think of all the wonderful compliments you have been getting. They don't know what you weigh, but they will see how confident you seem :) Love the sucky in pants. I have a sucky in long vest thing and it is awesome! no shame in the sucky in underwear.

Muzza, I wanted to get my 6.5 stone award for mid-july when I will be seeing people I haven't seen for years. I think after two good weeks my body is being a **** again though :( feel bloating and crap and bum. but I have a similar aim to you :)

My cousin is marrying a Zambian woman so I think it's going to be quite a colourful wedding! My sister made me laugh - apparently (she paraphrased) my uncle said the Zambian contingent are 'gunna bring it' so we must too! :giggle:

Fran, I have been feeling so bloated and crap for days and days now. I've started taking psyllium husks (basically fibre tablets - I should probably syn them) and senna to get myself moving. It makes me feel so bleurgh! Some days I would jump at the chance to have a colonic - and that's bad!

Thanks ladies. I know I shouldn't beat myself up but I'm just in a bit of a rut at the moment I think. I'm just not responding to my own reasoning about naughty things - I end up eating them anyway. It was nice chilling out for my OH's birthday and then everyone picking a different dish to share at the Chinese, but I need to rein it in. I think I need a naughty food clear out and to ask my OH for a couple of weeks of absolute solidarity. I'm working late tonight so he's got a jacket potato in the oven for me, bless him. Back to basics.

Back