20 somethings

hey everyone, had a good week one WI 7.5lbs down. Feeling so much better already in myself. Work has been so stressful and emotional this week, I am ready for the weekend so I can have some chill time and see family.

Happy Friday everyone.

Wow well done nik x first week wi is always the best, I wish it could be first week every week

Scarlett wedding plans are going good so far just need some money to pay for it all lol havent decided on hen yet, my mums quite good at tarot and crystal ball (scarily accurate!) etc so may just have a small psychic night with my mum, sis and bros gf with a few drinks and nibbles and stuff, but we will see x

well done sammy, aw, and nik, doing really well. nik, 7.5 is amazing well done.

Christie, glad wedding plans are going well :) bet you are so excited.

Scarlett I have miss u my lovely, how is everything going?? going to pop across to your blog now and update myself on ur goings on :) x

Well done nik and aw, fab losses!

That sounds like a good Idea Christie would be a shame not to do anything but great to use the resort and talents of people around you to keep it fun but cheap! Money is always the problem isn't it? Me and oh have decided we are saving for a mortgage but have decided to do a wedding along the way. I'm quite thrifty when I want to be and have priced up the kind of thing we want with a few different types options for venues at about 4000. Nice that we can plan for it and hopefully have the money there waiting to be spent when the time comes (not engaged yet but having spoken in detail about it hopefully will be next year! Eek!)

Hey muzza hun I'm well thanks. Got a week to go till I can hand notice in then 2 weeks to work notice before I start my lovely new job :) will have no time to get on here at all in the day when I start so will make the most of it now! Will never be able to keep up! X

Ours is turning out to be about 3kish and we only have 25-30 guests lol anyway 1k down 2 to go lol

Oo didnt know you was starting a new job soon, I thought u hadnt long changed? X

That's not too bad then, def have to keep it small to keep it cheap! We will have about 45.

No I haven't long started (well in march) but it's not turned out as I'd like. Mum boss can't decide if she wants me to stay in September when the twins start school or if she will get a childminder, or if she will give up work. She's basically farting around and not making decisions so I can't afford to wait around for her to decide.
Will be starting my new job July 1st. Long term shared care with mum from day 1 with a 5 and 3 year old and twins being born 3rd week of July so will be busy but a nice pay rise too!
This family don't know I'm leaving yet not looking forward to telling them as I'm sure she will kick off at me! The new job will properly set us up for the future though and as j said all being well we should be able to get married and buy a house by the end of next year! Fingers crossed! Xx

Sounds like a great opportunity that you cant pass up, at the end of the day you dont want your life in current mum bosses hands while shes deciding on whats best for her, good on you for finding yourself a great job and sounds like you will have plenty to keep you busy with all those little ones

Im having 130 guests and managing to keep to a 5k budget (determined I wont spend more than that!!) But it's been hard and really stressful with ben havig been out of work two and a half years until he finally got a job in april. Been doing the invites tonight, long overdue but been so busy, so those have stressed me out, but I can see light at the end of tunnel now. Only 12 weeks tomorrow until the big day! Can't wait for it to be over and done with to be honest so that I can relax! But then I keep stressing that we wont have enough spending money for the honeymoon, its a once in a lifetime trip for us and I dont want to be worrying about money all the time im there. Bens so laid back about it all he's almost bloody horizontal lol! Annoys me sometimes, but at least its not both of us panicking, we'll make it work somehow xx

How exciting sammy! That's very impressive keeping to 5k for that many guests! What's your secret?! My other half's brother is getting married next year and his fiancé is really struggling with ideas to keep the price down as the lowest they can get their guest list is 120.
Our prob right its bed only one of you stressing but still he could do with helping a bit! Haha!

Ive just checked absolutely every venue and gone for somewhere thats not dancy but can be made to look fancy. Its a massive hall with a stage so the band can go on there and we can decorate it all with bunting and everything to make the 1950s street party theme and plenty of room to dance, plus cheap alcohol for everyone! Im not paying for any alcohol for them, though we are having a milkshake bar for the guests at first arrival which will be and we've done that through a local milkshake bar who charge £3 per milkshake. We got a local butchers doing the catering, they'll provide all the fresh roasted meats and the fact that they don't have to get their produce from anyone else keeps the price down :) I saved money on my dress by calling all the shops in the country that stocked it in my size once I found the one I loved to see if any of them were willing to sell off the rack at a discount and managed to save £200 and the dress had only been tried on twice in the shop! :) so there's a few tips hunny :) hope they can help! Xx

The real money goes into the three course meals, thats where im spending 30pp which is cheap compared to most as I know some are paying more like 120pp I cant justify that, if you want to cut down money, get married later in the day about 3pm or something, cut out the meal altogether or have afternoon tea so it works out alot cheaper

We.were having outside caterers to do our bbq but they were booked already so the chef at the hotel said he can do it for us and it will be cheaper, so there is always some ways of getting discounts, ive blagged free chair covers and sashes too lol saves me 3quid a chair

My main concern is people getting bored lol

Hello everyone!!

I've been neglecting Minimins as of late :( personal life has gone bonkers!!

Me and my boyfriend of 5 years split up on Thursday evening, just trying to sort stuff out regarding the house and stuff and coming on here has been the last thing on my mind! Thankfully my eats have been on track still :)

Hope everyone is well!

Oh no sorry to hear jodie x dont blame you for having more to worry about than minimins, how are you doing? X

Glad you're ok Jodie, very impressed you're still on track with your food as well!x

Back