20 somethings

OK, let me recall a little story from the beginning of this week...
Up to now, I've been weighing myself almost on a daily basis, even though I know I shouldn't do this because the weight fluctuates (water retention and the such). I did it anyway...!
So, on Monday morning, during my usual weigh in, I saw that I had lost 0.8kg the past week. I had a very good, happy day on Monday and then I weighed myself again on Tuesday morning...that was a mistake! The scales showed that I had gained 0.6kg...! How is that even possible, right? In one single day and when I didn't cheat, AT ALL!? I was grumpy and disappointed all through Tuesday and then on Wednesday I realized that I am in the middle of my menstrual cycle and my body is probably retaining water already!
So, long story short, don't worry about the weigh in! Especially if you've been good! Our bodies have a complicated way to work and even if you don't see a loss on a day that you think you should see one, stick to the plan! You'll probably be rewarded the next time! :)
Good luck anyway!

Hi chaps some great motivation going on! I have vowed this week to count, weight, and measure and so far so good. I was good on thursday had my A + B (i never eat my a and b) and measured everthing from my mayo on my burger to the milk on my bran flakes and im so chuffed with myself. I can already feel a different within myself, i feel more motivated, happier and less flustered as im not like ow well i had a bit of this i think that is 2 syns oh and that was ill say 5 syns. Im measuring and staying on track. Im sick of paying £5 per week and i cant carry on faffing around. im going to my bf brothers engagement do on september 1st so i want to be there by then. i have 14.5lbs to go with 7 WI so 2 lbs a week. I know i can do this i have proved it over the last 2 days. it just my pure laziness and ignorance of thinking im better than the plan and trying to cheat it "a bit of cake wont make any difference" well it bloody does with me, as it throws me of plan and i stop counting weighing and measuring and basicically sabotage myself. get your ass in gear slinks and look sexy at september ;) dont quite know why im writing this think i just need to hear it from myself lol x

Hello all,

Im 28 and been doing SW for a while now - although only joined this forum a month ago. I think I have the diet mostly conquered but my problem is the exercise. Any tips will be gratefully received.

I WI on a monday at home and last week I STS. Hoping for a loss this week - have been under syns every day. So far this week I have had less than 30 syns but the last few days me hexb has been a bit up and down.

I usually have cereal bars but yesterday had bread instead for the first time in about 3 weeks and instantly felt sooooo bloated - think bread is not for me any more, which doesnt bother me as i LOVE alpen light bars. There has also been a couple of days when I havent had my hexb.

Does anyone know if skipping them will affect a weight loss?

Hope you are all sticking to plan over the weekend - I will be 100%!

I'm back!

Don't know if anyone remembers me but I left here to try ww for a but. I've played around there and feel I've wasted mints when I could have been losing with SW.

Back here and back at a new group with a fab and inspiring consultant.

Life's been a bit grim and looks like it may get worse so I seriously need to take control of my weight and basically sort myself out!

I weighed in at group Wednesday and was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life. As a serial dieter this was a huge blow as I swore I'd never been my previous weight again...now I've exceeded it! Gutted!

I will not be that weight again!

Looking forward to hearing from everybody again-great advice an stories now in this thread-fab!!!

Hello all,

Im 28 and been doing SW for a while now - although only joined this forum a month ago. I think I have the diet mostly conquered but my problem is the exercise. Any tips will be gratefully received.

I WI on a monday at home and last week I STS. Hoping for a loss this week - have been under syns every day. So far this week I have had less than 30 syns but the last few days me hexb has been a bit up and down.

I usually have cereal bars but yesterday had bread instead for the first time in about 3 weeks and instantly felt sooooo bloated - think bread is not for me any more, which doesnt bother me as i LOVE alpen light bars. There has also been a couple of days when I havent had my hexb.

Hey Sparty! Welcome! I also don't eat all the healthy extras every day, but it doesn't seem to really affect the weight loss. They are there mainly because you need the nutrients and fibre etc. But do try to eat them every day. It will also make you feel fuller! Good luck!

I'm back!

Don't know if anyone remembers me but I left here to try ww for a but. I've played around there and feel I've wasted mints when I could have been losing with SW.

Back here and back at a new group with a fab and inspiring consultant.

Life's been a bit grim and looks like it may get worse so I seriously need to take control of my weight and basically sort myself out!

I weighed in at group Wednesday and was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life. As a serial dieter this was a huge blow as I swore I'd never been my previous weight again...now I've exceeded it! Gutted!

I will not be that weight again!

Looking forward to hearing from everybody again-great advice an stories now in this thread-fab!!!

Welcome back Slim! :)
Hope it works out for you this time! Actually, for all of us! :)

hi tryingtolose I was right I only lost 1/2 lb this nmorning I guess I just had a sixth sense it wouldnt be a good one.
Paid for a 6 week countdown wondering wether I should have bothered now lol feeling rather down and am considering a naughty take away to cheer myself up!! Although it prob wont cheer me up at all lol x

We can motivate each other to get to our goals! :)

That would be great :) WI tomorrow for me and I hope to get my half stone but anything off is good for me.

Had the Chilli Beef yesterday which I found on here it is so nice, so I'd recommend it to all, it's 7 syns for the lot but all of the syns are in the cornflour (3.5 syns per tbsp) but you don't need two tbsp so can use less and reduce the syns x

Hello all,

Hi Sparty

Not sure if skipping HEx makes any difference to weight loss as I'm still so early in on my journey and am really bad for remembering them esp the A choice as I don't like milk and I'm not really bothered about cheese but I think they're mostly to make sure you're getting enough calcium and fibre in your diet so will help weight loss in that way.

I also weigh in on a monday morning but at group so good luck for tomorrow, I hope we both get a loss :) I have followed plan this week but I know on some days I have prob had more syns than I should have so any loss, however small will be good for me.

You just have to stick with it ickleLB, I will be having my 4th WI tomorrow and over the first three weeks I've lost 5lbs, which is good but frustrating when others who have less to lose and started at the same time as me 'cheat' have bigger losses but it's worth sticking with, just keep reminding yourself why you wanted to lose weight and keep thinking of that. Just make sure you're drinking enough and have the 1/3 superfree and you'll get there even if it doesn't show on the scales every week it the things happening inside that will really make a difference. Have you thought of measuring yourself so you have proof of the changes or even keeping a photo diary?

I lost 1/2llb last week but if you see the pictures of what a pound looks like you'll see that half of pound is still a lot even if it doesn't sound it :)

Hope you managed to resist the take away, I had one two weeks ago and it didn't make me feel better and I know I'll not do it again, good luck with this week x

lol Thanks for the supporting message, Im not giving up I am going to keep going, am having 2 litres of water a day plus green tea, I did this before I started to diet anyways.
I didnt have the take away lol but did have a few drinks so I need to pull back through the week and fingers crossed I have not dont too much damage x

lol Thanks for the supporting message, Im not giving up I am going to keep going, am having 2 litres of water a day plus green tea, I did this before I started to diet anyways.
I didnt have the take away lol but did have a few drinks so I need to pull back through the week and fingers crossed I have not dont too much damage x

Glad to hear you managed to resist the take away but a few drinks can be ok as long as you are careful to stick to/really reduce your syns the next few days. Even if you have a gain it's not the end of the world so as long as you get back on plan you'll soon be losing again.

You can do it and everyone on here is really supportive and will help you out when you're having a bad day x

Hi all, just checking in..not often i pop in this thread! :) I had a 2 week blip but over it now..total loss 2 stone 4lbs

Hi all, just checking in..not often i pop in this thread! :) I had a 2 week blip but over it now..total loss 2 stone 4lbs

Hi Joanne

Even with the blip congratulations on the loss so far, that is a really good loss in the amount of time so good luck getting back on track x

Ill get there, considering this is the longest I have stuck to a diet I am quite surprised with myself.
I will keep going even if it is slow at least I know I am still enjoying myself to an extent.
I am getting bored of eating the same things though so need to swap some things about

hiya,

im 20 hoping to be in a lovely tiny dress on my 21st. a lot of people seem to be in like weight watchers or slimming world but is anyone else doing it by themselves? things r going well so far since thursday 4lb down i worry i might be getting a bit obsesd with my scales anyone else have this problem?

Back