20 somethings

Coatin thing in smash is amazing you can do it with chicken! So you can make like chicken goujons, or do them with fish! You can even use Cous Cous but it goes super crunchy! So depends how crunchy you like it I suppose! 4 is good for a meal! I like to use syns in my meals as I don't eat snacks really like crisp or chocolate coz I'm like Pringles once I pop I jut can't stop! So I would rather just not eat them which is hard considering I have a online sweet show and market stall :(

ooh sounds fantastic. I used to just take bread out to harden and then whiz in the food processor and call it a HB. lol. That sounds like a much better suggestion!
When i first joined sw, i used to try to stay syn free for meals and stuff and it just made me miserable, and i'd binge because the "nice" food i was having for syns just, i couldnt stop. So its much better this way and i enjoy the food so much more.
xx

Kitteh said:
ooh sounds fantastic. I used to just take bread out to harden and then whiz in the food processor and call it a HB. lol. That sounds like a much better suggestion!
When i first joined sw, i used to try to stay syn free for meals and stuff and it just made me miserable, and i'd binge because the "nice" food i was having for syns just, i couldnt stop. So its much better this way and i enjoy the food so much more.
xx

Yeah I was the same! And then I would have half a bounty at night but then eat the other half and them abut of this and a bit of tht! So I just have a bit of jam in the morning, and butter on my spud :) I have to admit I really struggle on weekends though! I just can't shake my routine! I have bought a a bottle of gin so help me with my syns as wine is a killer! But the boyfriend mum always buys cake on a Sunday and I just can't resist it! :/

Hi, I'm 28 so probably one if the older ones in here ;-) One of the younger ones at group though!
I'm five weeks in and 16.5lbs down. Started at 15st 4.5lbs, now at 14st2lbs, have a holiday booked for end of September (nothing exciting, caravan in UK with the kids) but would love to be down to at least 13lbs 7 by then.

Bubblewrap said:
Hi, I'm 28 so probably one if the older ones in here ;-) One of the younger ones at group though!
I'm five weeks in and 16.5lbs down. Started at 15st 4.5lbs, now at 14st2lbs, have a holiday booked for end of September (nothing exciting, caravan in UK with the kids) but would love to be down to at least 13lbs 7 by then.

Wow you've done amazingly! I am in awe :) I've only lost 4.5lb over three weeks so I'm giving red a go this week. What plan do you follow? X

Amelie24 said:
Thanks lovely :) Hope you're having a nice week xx

Yep week not too bad thanks, 100% so far, still can't do any exercise tho physio advised against it which is a bit frustrating but best to take her advice x

sl1nkyminny said:
Hi guys! how are we all?? keeping on track?? i lost 1.5 but hate to imagine what it would be without the cake, burger, and pizza i had extra! i really need to pack this bad eating in! i am really active which i should make excuses for but after sundays i just go caput for the week =[

Well done on the 1.5. Sunday's are a pain in the bum it was always cake and day pre SW x

Kitteh said:
I want to make some lasagne, some scotch eggs, some free egg custard things without pasty, quiche, leopards pie, ermmmm.. and some prawn thai curry! yum yum.. I love making new things but love old as well.. Like leopards pie, so comforting
xx

How do u make the free egg custards? Prawn Thai curry sounds nice too! X

M&M said:
Hi, I'm 20 and I started on Sunday. I have around 8st to lose :)

Welcome, hope your having a good week x

sl1nkyminny said:
Yeah I was the same! And then I would have half a bounty at night but then eat the other half and them abut of this and a bit of tht! So I just have a bit of jam in the morning, and butter on my spud :) I have to admit I really struggle on weekends though! I just can't shake my routine! I have bought a a bottle of gin so help me with my syns as wine is a killer! But the boyfriend mum always buys cake on a Sunday and I just can't resist it! :/

Sunday's are so hard, always cake day pre SW! X

Bubblewrap said:

You really are doing so well, u following ee? The way you are going your target sounds well achieveble x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

M&M said:
I am, thank you! Hope you are too :)

Yep so far so good thanks would love my 1.5 stone on Tuesday so am trying to push for a 4lb loss this week but haven't had loss that big since my first week! X

jo-85 said:
Well done on the 1.5. Sunday's are a pain in the bum it was always cake and day pre SW x

Sunday's are so hard, always cake day pre SW! X

:) thanks I'm so glad i did in the 12's now =D i felt amazing seeing that figure on the scales :) I know darn Sundays but her other son has got engaged and she wants to lose a stone before the do on sept 1st so no cake for the next 7 weeks as she is following slimming world! So thats good news for me then by the time the 7 weeks are up we might of shaken the habit! :)

Jo 85, you apparantly get 3 eggs, a muller light vanilla yoghurt, and vanilla essence, mix all together and put in those silicone cups and bake for 20-30 mins and then sprinkle nutmeg on top!
xx

sl1nkyminny said:
:) thanks I'm so glad i did in the 12's now =D i felt amazing seeing that figure on the scales :) I know darn Sundays but her other son has got engaged and she wants to lose a stone before the do on sept 1st so no cake for the next 7 weeks as she is following slimming world! So thats good news for me then by the time the 7 weeks are up we might of shaken the habit! :)

Wow that must feel so good, well done you.

Yeah 7 weeks should be enough to shake the habit, thank god for him getting engaged :) you can brain wash her with SW :) x

Kitteh said:
Jo 85, you apparantly get 3 eggs, a muller light vanilla yoghurt, and vanilla essence, mix all together and put in those silicone cups and bake for 20-30 mins and then sprinkle nutmeg on top!
xx

Oooo sounds good may have to give these a go. Thanku x

Wow that must feel so good, well done you.

Yeah 7 weeks should be enough to shake the habit, thank god for him getting engaged :) you can brain wash her with SW :) x

it felt absolutely amazing, i run my own online sweet shop and market stall so eveyone is always shocked when i lose people cant believe my will power lol, like now for example im sat in my office surrounded by sweets, over 100kg lol but i dont really like sweets im more of a pie a crisps kinda girl. I know thats my plan, no drinking either well maybe the odd g&T but NO wine its an absolute killer for me! She bought a cake last week from the spar a strawberry gateau i think it was and for a quarter of the cake it was 7-8 syns but the cake was quite small so that wasnt to bad, but when she come back with cream cakes and chocolate cakes im like NNNNNOOOOOOO but infuture i might make a fruit salad and be like oh iv done fruit salad so we dont really need a cake ;) devious devil i am! it wouldnt be so bad but i just cant resist it.

Yep so far so good thanks would love my 1.5 stone on Tuesday so am trying to push for a 4lb loss this week but haven't had loss that big since my first week! X

Good luck!! Hope you get your 1.5st :D

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yes, I am following EE. Have read a little bit of the other plans but can't really get my brain around it to be honest - might have to look a bit more as I use my HEXa for milk and some days would really like some cheese too without dipping into my syns too much! At the moment if I get through the day syn-free I'll tend to opt for a lowlow cheese slice on my toast in the evening :)

I have a bunch of girls coming round in a couple of weeks for drinks (you young things will understand that LOL) so a bit apprehensive about blowing it all on alcohol and munchies, but have been doing so well so far so trying not to worry too much!

New to forum

Hi everyone!!!
Don't mid if I join do you?
I have been lurking on minimins since I started SW 9 weeks ago!
I am 22 and a student. I lived in America for about 9 months and managed to put on about 2 stone!!! It was all you can eat college food and I sat near the dessert table. And the take outs!! And the sweets!! Couldn't help myself.
Started SW with my mum when I came back from America as she wanted to lose weight as well.
So far lost 7 pounds(with 1 gain), just wanted to join for extra support, tend to emotionally eat :(
Hope everyone is having a good week!

Holly

Hi ladies! I've read your thread from start to finish over the past few days and you seem like a really lovely supportive bunch so please can I join?

I'm 27 years old and had my baby boy 12 and a half weeks ago. Lost the 21lbs pregnancy weight the first week after having Jack and then joined SW just short of 4 weeks ago to start losing weight to get to a size 12 for when I go wedding dress shopping around christmas/new year time.

I've lost 12.5lbs in my first 3 weigh ins and hoping for at least a 1.5lb loss on Monday to get my 1 stone shiney. I have 4/4.5 stone to lose to get to target, which is at the higher end of healthy bmi range, then I will see how i feel and may reduce target by a further half a stone, but will wait and see how I go on!

Well done on all of your losses and I look forward to sharing your weight loss journeys with you all! xx

Hey sammyb1985! Your definitely in the right place-lots of support on this thread and lots of advance and support on the forum generally plus loads of hints and tips!

I restarted 2 weeks ago. Should have posted Wednesday after weigh in but forgot however my first week weight loss was a lovely -6.5lbs!!!

Am obviously hoping for my half stone shiny in group this week and hopefully to creep a bit closer to that first stone off!

Cming back onto this plan has reminded me how much I love it, how easy it is once you get your head round it and how you never need to be hungry!

I've never really been into muller list before as a weight loss tool and used to just have synned snacks however ive been loving some of their new flavours and particularly can't believe the mint and dark chocolate one is free + the coconut one-both yummy!! I also ut a little of the vanilla one on melon and stuff!

Off out for Sunday lunch today-hopefully won't be doing too much damage!

Good luck for weigh in's this week girls-we can do it!!

I_dream_slim

happy with my 7lb loss today been in london for three days and theres like amazing foods from all over the world everywere! my mum called me a bore for not wanting more than salad i even asked for no dressing or crutons which she thought i was being a bit OTT with but im pretty proud. may have overdone it with the drink but if anyone has been in london or lives in london u have to bloody walk at a high pace since everyones in a massive rush, so i reckon i might have burnt it off. first week 7lb so if i can do atleast 4lb next week il be back to what i was before the boyf came on the scene. can't wait to be in the 15's. could never quite make it that far before. hope everyones doing well :)

Pestikar sounds like u did well with sticking to plan and not indulging which is so easy when your on a break away. Fingers crossed for your loss this week x

I_dream_slim well done on your loss last week that was amazing :) bet you were grinning from ear to ear :) x

Hi sammy :) x

it would have been lovely to get some nice chineese food and choccys but at the end of the day i think losing weight is way better than any food. me who's a little crazy with the scales n sometimes think socks weigh to much left a heavy gown on so i lost around 8-9lb which i was thrilled about. aww i miss little half stone awards u get from slimming world and slimmer of the week. too poor to afford that so trying to follow it from all the old books!

well done i dream slim i think u get a bit addicted to muller on slimming world!

n to sammy u've done amazingly well to lose that weight. baby weights like the hardest weight to lose.

Back