20 somethings

it would have been lovely to get some nice chineese food and choccys but at the end of the day i think losing weight is way better than any food. me who's a little crazy with the scales n sometimes think socks weigh to much left a heavy gown on so i lost around 8-9lb which i was thrilled about. aww i miss little half stone awards u get from slimming world and slimmer of the week. too poor to afford that so trying to follow it from all the old books!

well done i dream slim i think u get a bit addicted to muller on slimming world!

n to sammy u've done amazingly well to lose that weight. baby weights like the hardest weight to lose.

Thanks hun, i've been really lucky! Thanks for the welcomes ladies! Welli've got weigh in tomorrow so will see how a week of EE has done for me. I just want to be able to lose aout 2lbs a week on average to get to my target for christmas as i want to start wedding dress shopping and refuse to try anything on over a size 12!! so i've a long way to go. I've been losing this weight without any exercise so i'm going to start exercising as of tuesday. i'm starting a couch to 5k programme to get into running again. it reackons that i'll be running 5k in9 week.... guess i'll just see about that!! lol! I'm motivated though, i've lost an inch from my waist since i started, i didnt measure anywhere else so no idea what else i have or havent lost but pleased with that inch being gone - never to return!! once i've dont the couch to 5k and can run 5k without passing out then i'm going to try that jillian michaels 30 day shred. i fully expect to hate her by the end of session one, but if it works then it's worth it :)

Good job on the weight loss ladies!! xx

You sound like a woman on a mission sammi. Lol.
Just to forewarn you though, wedding dresses usually size up so please don't feel put out if you end up in a size 14, they're small made! A friend of mines mum has a wedding dress shop and she said her favourite brides to work with are a size 14 as they suit almost every shape and style x

just been for my second run. n although u feel a bit like ur hearts guna explode and ur legs won't carry on anymore afterwards u feel all proud of urself it's a nice feeling afterwards. whats the 30 day shred?! sounds interesting!

hi clare, everyone on sw is dead friendly when u go to the groups it's a really good support. n goodluck on ur first weigh in :) xx

Thanks bubble :) if I'm a 12 in normal clothes but have to get a 14 In the wedding dress I don't really mind, I just want to keep that size 12 target in my mind to keep me motivated and push me on each week. I probably will end up in a 14 because a lot of the ones I like are lacey and so probably won't have much give on them, just so excited to start trying them on! :) xx

pestikar said:
it would have been lovely to get some nice chineese food and choccys but at the end of the day i think losing weight is way better than any food. me who's a little crazy with the scales n sometimes think socks weigh to much left a heavy gown on so i lost around 8-9lb which i was thrilled about. aww i miss little half stone awards u get from slimming world and slimmer of the week. too poor to afford that so trying to follow it from all the old books!

well done i dream slim i think u get a bit addicted to muller on slimming world!

n to sammy u've done amazingly well to lose that weight. baby weights like the hardest weight to lose.

Yep I think that's when it's really clicked when you would rather lose weight than have even your favourite food x

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks hun, i've been really lucky! Thanks for the welcomes ladies! Welli've got weigh in tomorrow so will see how a week of EE has done for me. I just want to be able to lose aout 2lbs a week on average to get to my target for christmas as i want to start wedding dress shopping and refuse to try anything on over a size 12!! so i've a long way to go. I've been losing this weight without any exercise so i'm going to start exercising as of tuesday. i'm starting a couch to 5k programme to get into running again. it reackons that i'll be running 5k in9 week.... guess i'll just see about that!! lol! I'm motivated though, i've lost an inch from my waist since i started, i didnt measure anywhere else so no idea what else i have or havent lost but pleased with that inch being gone - never to return!! once i've dont the couch to 5k and can run 5k without passing out then i'm going to try that jillian michaels 30 day shred. i fully expect to hate her by the end of session one, but if it works then it's worth it :)

Good job on the weight loss ladies!! xx

Good luck for WI hun. I am wanting to start the c25k as soon as I can have heard good things about it. Have done the 30DS well I did 8 days it is a killer but does so feel like its working. You do wanna kill jillian tho! X

clare1510 said:
Hey everyone! Just noticed this group. I am 26 and I am going to my first class on Thursday. Hoping that sw works for me xx

Hi Clare. If u follow the plan SW does really work and it will for u too :) x

pestikar said:
just been for my second run. n although u feel a bit like ur hearts guna explode and ur legs won't carry on anymore afterwards u feel all proud of urself it's a nice feeling afterwards. whats the 30 day shred?! sounds interesting!

Well done u. Can't wait to start running x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

go for it jo! be warned u may feel like ur guna die...but that just means its working :p

u can download things like personal running trainer as an app. i personally prefer to run by using things like lamposts make it my goal to reach a few before walking. aparently it's meant to be the best exercise for burning cals, that and swimming but i have nightmares of being in a swimming costume

pestikar said:
go for it jo! be warned u may feel like ur guna die...but that just means its working :p

u can download things like personal running trainer as an app. i personally prefer to run by using things like lamposts make it my goal to reach a few before walking. aparently it's meant to be the best exercise for burning cals, that and swimming but i have nightmares of being in a swimming costume

Have been off work for 7 weeks with sciatica and muscle spasm, just having physio at the mo but as soon as I'm fixed I'm so gunna start. Already got the c25k app d/l

Swimming I'm hoping to start in a week or so just waiting for the go ahead from the physio. Share your horror of the swimming cossie tho but just gunna have to suck it up :) x sounds like your running is going great I need that voice down my ear!!! X

30DS is torture I've only ever got to 4 days!!!By that time I'm so tired, I might try it again though as it seems the results come in about a week.

On a personal note today I put on some pants that 5 weeks ago were so so very tight, and now they are so much looser!!! I think this is like the second time my clothes have looked better on me and fit since I started SW.

Jo-85 and pestikar I think Next had some lovely swimming costumes in the sale, and M&S, you should take a look!

[h=6]Another 2.5lbs off this week! So i've lost 1 stone 1 pound in 4 weeks! SO pleased with the results! Starting the couch to 5k tomorrow, really excited to get into it, let's hope it goes well and helps rather than hinders my weight loss next week! xx[/h]

thanks hollyfran, i can never find a good cozzy, i think it'd help with the confidence to get back into the water cos i did used to love swimming :)

Thanks hunny! I'm really pleased :) xx

Hey ladies, hope you all dont mind me joining in:)
I'm Stacey, nearly 24.
Have been to 2 diff sw classes. 1 about 3 years ago lost about 1st7 then fell pregnant so never went back(why!!!)
Then started losing weight in April 12 went to a diff class ended up losing nearly 3st then went AWOL.
Now back at square 1 only 4lb left to put on to get back to where i started in April, but i dont intend on getting there.

Starting back sw today, but doing it at home. anyone else doing it from home?

Looking forward to getting to know every1

Stacey xx

Last edited:
hollyfran said:
30DS is torture I've only ever got to 4 days!!!By that time I'm so tired, I might try it again though as it seems the results come in about a week.

On a personal note today I put on some pants that 5 weeks ago were so so very tight, and now they are so much looser!!! I think this is like the second time my clothes have looked better on me and fit since I started SW.

Jo-85 and pestikar I think Next had some lovely swimming costumes in the sale, and M&S, you should take a look!

The 30DS is a killer but it does so work and it's amazing how quickly u start to find it easier to do.

Wtg on the clothes it's a lovely feeling when they start to feel better isn't it :)

Thanks for the tip on the cossie x

sammyb1985 said:
[h=6]Another 2.5lbs off this week! So i've lost 1 stone 1 pound in 4 weeks! SO pleased with the results! Starting the couch to 5k tomorrow, really excited to get into it, let's hope it goes well and helps rather than hinders my weight loss next week! xx[/h]

Woo hoo :) :) :) :) x

Berry Bee said:
Hey ladies, hope you all dont mind me joining in:)
I'm Stacey, nearly 24.
Have been to 2 diff sw classes. 1 about 3 years ago lost about 1st7 then fell pregnant so never went back(why!!!)
Then started losing weight in April 12 went to a diff class ended up losing nearly 3st then went AWOL.
Now back at square 1 only 4lb left to put on to get back to where i started in April, but i dont intend on getting there.

Starting back sw today, but doing it at home. anyone else doing it from home?

Looking forward to getting to know every1

Stacey xx

Hi Stacey. Welcome, sounds like you've done really well in the past and it's not easy to keep coming back so wtg. I'm not doing it from home I know I'd be naughty and wouldn't stick to it if I didn't have any accountability daft I know but still.

Loooong forward to sharing your journey x

The 30DS is a killer but it does so work and it's amazing how quickly u start to find it easier to do.

Wtg on the clothes it's a lovely feeling when they start to feel better isn't it :)

Thanks for the tip on the cossie x

Woo hoo :) :) :) :) x

Hi Stacey. Welcome, sounds like you've done really well in the past and it's not easy to keep coming back so wtg. I'm not doing it from home I know I'd be naughty and wouldn't stick to it if I didn't have any accountability daft I know but still.

Loooong forward to sharing your journey x

Hi Jo

thank you just need to keep my mind in the game and reminding myself why i want to do this.

were u in the curvalicious countdown challenge?? think i remember you xx

Berry Bee said:
Hi Jo

thank you just need to keep my mind in the game and reminding myself why i want to do this.

were u in the curvalicious countdown challenge?? think i remember you xx

Yep sounds like a plan, I wavered recently and that's the first thing I do remind myself of why I'm doing it and all the reasons why I wanna make changes.

I was in the curvies challenge yeah. Now u mention it I do remember u being there too :) x

Just got back from WI and 3.5 lbs off I am really chuffed but just another 0.5 and it would have been my next shiny my 1.5 stone :) were never happy are we fingers crossed it will be mine next week tho:) and then downhill to my club 10 :)

Well done fantastic loss Xx

Back