20 somethings

Good job jo and kitteh! Fantastic results! Well I've had a friend up today, she's up to take some professional photos of jack for us and is staying over so we had a BBQ and a couple of drinks. First time I've gone over my daily syn allowance in the four weeks I've been on plan, but only had 21.5 syns in total so only 6.5 over daily target, easy enough to pull it back throughout the week :) made gorgeous turkey kebabs marinated in lime, lemon, garlic and chilli and some pork kebabs in reggae reggae sauce, had pork chops, bread as HEB and cheese as HEA and a massive salad.treating it as if it was a red day as it mostly was. Was all so yummy, hope it doesn't affect my loss this week xx

Berry Bee said:
Well done fantastic loss Xx

Thanku x

Kitteh said:
lost 2.5lbs today! chuffed as..
xx

Well done Hun x

sammyb1985 said:
Good job jo and kitteh! Fantastic results! Well I've had a friend up today, she's up to take some professional photos of jack for us and is staying over so we had a BBQ and a couple of drinks. First time I've gone over my daily syn allowance in the four weeks I've been on plan, but only had 21.5 syns in total so only 6.5 over daily target, easy enough to pull it back throughout the week :) made gorgeous turkey kebabs marinated in lime, lemon, garlic and chilli and some pork kebabs in reggae reggae sauce, had pork chops, bread as HEB and cheese as HEA and a massive salad.treating it as if it was a red day as it mostly was. Was all so yummy, hope it doesn't affect my loss this week xx

Thanks sammy. Im sure you will be fine as long as u cut down on the other days with your syns. Sounds like you had some well yummy food last night tho I do love a good old BBQ! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another 2.5lbs off this week! So i've lost 1 stone 1 pound in 4 weeks! SO pleased with the results! Starting the couch to 5k tomorrow, really excited to get into it, let's hope it goes well and helps rather than hinders my weight loss next week! xx

have you started c25k??? when i started running i had a STS but dont let it dishearten you drink plenty of water. especially in this hot sticky weather. but the week after i lost 3 lbs so i was chuffed. good luck =]

thanks girls, and well done to the other 'losers' hehe.
Want to make lasagne today.. Mmmmmmm. Going to my friends on friday for a steak night too! Excited
xx

Well I am biting the bullet and joining a SW class tonight. Really nervous about finding out what weight I am as make a point of avoiding the scales.

But its the first step to a better me and healthy me. Wish you all the best. Hope to make some good friends on this journey :)

dream2bhealthy, good luck tonight! I love my class. I wouldn't have kept going if it hadnt been for them
xx

3 lbs off for me this week chuffed to bits! Well on my way to get to target at September! I'm soooo excited!! X

Thanks Holly and Kitteh

Had great time at class. Consultant was really welcoming, funny and friendly. Cant wait to go back next week. Members also were very nice and easy to talk to which has made me feel at ease.

Filled with so much motivation. Starting at 16st 6.5 lbs but it will only get smaller from here onwards. Really glad I decided to go to a class.

Well done sl1nkyminny on your loss!!

dream2bhealthy said:
Thanks Holly and Kitteh

Had great time at class. Consultant was really welcoming, funny and friendly. Cant wait to go back next week. Members also were very nice and easy to talk to which has made me feel at ease.

Filled with so much motivation. Starting at 16st 6.5 lbs but it will only get smaller from here onwards. Really glad I decided to go to a class.

Thanks! I also got slimmer of the week that was unexpected!! Good luck on your journey, it will fly by, since I started Sw in January the weeks seem to go quicker I don't know why! I was a healthy weight at college I don't know what I weighed but I was deffo to small for my size 12 jeans, and it's when I left college and got a job that t all went kaput! I got a job in subway and I ballooned then I left subway and lost 2 stone!! Then got a new bf and slowly but surely it all krept back on and more over 2.5 years and I started this year at an almighty 15.2 1/2 stone which for my 5'2 frame wasn't good. I wouldn't wear jeans or pants and lived in leggings kidding myself I was no bigger then a size 16! It's only now that I'm realising I should of been wearing a size probably 18-20 or maybe even a 22 I was in complete denile but it's taken me only 7 montths to lose 2.5 stone, but I know people who have lose more than that but they have been 100% all of the time! I just can't do that lol. Anyway I have totally digressed and I'm sure you have better things I be doing than reading about my life lol

So good luck hun! And keep us updated :)

sl1nkyminny said:
have you started c25k??? when i started running i had a STS but dont let it dishearten you drink plenty of water. especially in this hot sticky weather. but the week after i lost 3 lbs so i was chuffed. good luck =]

It's to do with muscles retaining water isn't it helps them repair themselves that's why you need to make sure you're drinking plenty of water and eventually it doesn't need to retain so much x

sl1nkyminny said:
3 lbs off for me this week chuffed to bits! Well on my way to get to target at September! I'm soooo excited!! X

Woo hoo well done x

dream2bhealthy said:
Thanks Holly and Kitteh

Glad your first week went so well a food consultant and a nice class makes so much difference. I was lucky that I found that at the first class I went to.

Look forward to sharing your journey x

Uneventful week for me, still on plan. I did go out on Wednesday night to celebrate my brothers new job, didn't really stick to plan so have only used any syns that I have needed to on every other day this week. Figure that should still help me get a loss :)

jo-85 said:
It's to do with muscles retaining water isn't it helps them repair themselves that's why you need to make sure you're drinking plenty of water and eventually it doesn't need to retain so much x

Woo hoo well done x

Yeah thats exactly right! It was so so disheartenesing like iv been running all week and boom a gain I knew it was going to happen! But your just never prepared for it! But now I'm running 4-5 times and week and walk everyday so I often drop 2-3 pounds a week Which I love! I'm sure t would be more but I'm often quite naughty at the weekends

And thanks :)
Xx

Hello beautiful ladies! I am back from vacation! Prague was lovely and we even took a day-long trip to Dresden and that was wonderful as well, albeit very very hot!
My mother is still here, for another week, she's watching like a hawk every single bite that I take, from time to time tells me that what I eat will not help me lose weight and had (of course) something to say about eating pasta and potatoes as a diet plan. And keeps eating my Syn-specific chocolate packs!
On the bright side, I weighed myself before we left for Prague last week and I weighed 82.6 kg and this morning the scales said 81.9 kg!!! Even though I really didn't pay that much attention to what I was eating! I am thrilled! This also means that I get my 3 kg (or 1/2 stone) award!! :)
How is everybody else doing?

Weigh in later today...have had a couple of really bad unexpected weeks on a personal level so when I have eaten I haven't even given a second thought to what I have been eating/drinking so dreading WI and finding it really hard to convince myself to go to group especially as a gain of 1.5lbs last week.

I am quickly losing faith in my consultant as if I text her she never replies but then in group she talks about how others have been texting her everyday and tells people to text her whenever, also now it's the school holidays there seems to be more kids there than actual group members and they're really loud meaning you have to shout to be heard and unless you're sat next to the person who is speaking you can't hear them, l am seriously considering changing to a new group, does anyone have any advice on what they think I should do? The people I have met through group are wonderful but I'm not sure that is enough x

Last edited:
Hello beautiful ladies! I am back from vacation! Prague was lovely and we even took a day-long trip to Dresden and that was wonderful as well, albeit very very hot!
My mother is still here, for another week, she's watching like a hawk every single bite that I take, from time to time tells me that what I eat will not help me lose weight and had (of course) something to say about eating pasta and potatoes as a diet plan. And keeps eating my Syn-specific chocolate packs!
On the bright side, I weighed myself before we left for Prague last week and I weighed 82.6 kg and this morning the scales said 81.9 kg!!! Even though I really didn't pay that much attention to what I was eating! I am thrilled! This also means that I get my 3 kg (or 1/2 stone) award!! :)

Congrats on losing whilst away and getting your award!! I think I'd have felt like I had a free pass and eaten everything 'bad' in sight ;)

tryingtolose said:

Wow your holiday sounds so fabulous. Well done for losing whilst away that isn't easy so u just feel wonderful. Oh and I totally sympthise with the eating of low syn goods, in my house they eat all the normal stuff first then when it's gone starts on my low syn stuff, makes me mad lol!! X

StarGir1 said:
Weigh in later today...have had a couple of really bad unexpected weeks on a personal level so when I have eaten I haven't even given a second thought to what I have been eating/drinking so dreading WI and finding it really hard to convince myself to go to group especially as a gain of 1.5lbs last week.

I am quickly losing faith in my consultant as if I text her she never replies but then in group she talks about how others have been texting her everyday and tells people to text her whenever, also now it's the school holidays there seems to be more kids there than actual group members and they're really loud meaning you have to shout to be heard and unless you're sat next to the person who is speaking you can't hear them, l am seriously considering changing to a new group, does anyone have any advice on what they think I should do? The people I have met through group are wonderful but I'm not sure that is enough x

I hope things are starting to look up for u Hun and sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time of it.

I would say to go to WI tho sometimes as hard as it is to do its sometimes the best thing to do face up to any gain and get back on the wagon.

That is really rubbish about your consultant maybe ahe isn't actually getting back to anybody and is just saying that to back up her saying to text her everybody else may be thinking exactly the same as u are. If u really don't wanna move groups then speak to her and tell her what's upsetting u, you have nothing to lose if u do then end up moving groups anyway! X

Well thank you thank you ladies!
I was also surprised (happily of course) by the loss! And as for the low Syn treats, the problem is that there are other treats in the apartment, that are not low Syn and I don't touch them! So my mom could easily eat those! But she goes for mine!!! :rolleyes:

I hope things are starting to look up for u Hun and sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time of it.

I would say to go to WI tho sometimes as hard as it is to do its sometimes the best thing to do face up to any gain and get back on the wagon.

That is really rubbish about your consultant maybe ahe isn't actually getting back to anybody and is just saying that to back up her saying to text her everybody else may be thinking exactly the same as u are. If u really don't wanna move groups then speak to her and tell her what's upsetting u, you have nothing to lose if u do then end up moving groups anyway! X

Thanks Jo, I went to group and have put on 2.5lbs over two weeks, I don't feel too bad about this gain as over two weeks this isn't as bad as I was expecting.

Things are getting better so am getting back on track from this week and hope to get that 2.5 off again :)

Luckily the consultant issue sorted its self out as we had another consultant cover for our normal one and she was great so I am going to move to her group on a Thursday evening so that gives me 10 days between weigh in's so I really hope to have a good loss :D I feel sad not to see the lovely ladies I have met but I have to put myself and my future first x

Back